• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INCOMPLETE! Styling on you! Two! Western NY Tourney Results

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
1. PikaPika (Pikachu, MK) -Did pretty freakin awesome. Didn't see much of you outside of that last match though.
1. Cura (IC, Marth) - Your ICs are pretty cool, coming from a fellow red/white ICer. You used a few tricks that really impressed me that I'm absolutely hooked on wanting to learn.
3. San (IKE) - Seems like you got off yer game later in the day, but third place disagrees. Good stuff. And dang, I thought you'd have more trouble with Dave's Link, so when you were all up in his face, you really surprised me.
4. Dr. Grandpa (DK) - DK VENGENANCE!
5. Snakeee ( ZSS, MK, Peach) - Barely saw you play today, but you talked some good high-level play stuff with me 'round the end of brawl finals that I didn't know about. Thanks bro.
5. JesiahTEG (Snake, PT) -ARGH MY DK, WHY ;_;
7. 1337-0 (Ness!) - Why didn't I MM/friendly you?! Next time, for sure.
7. XXX (Wario) - Glad you came out after all, yer a fun guy to have around for these, and like, the only wario I ever play. Confusing aerials...
9. Kanto (Pikachu, PT) - Didn't see much of you, but there was lots of places I was bouncing around, so I guess that just means I walked all the wrong directions. I wanna get at yer PT/Pika next tournament again.
9. Sharky (Yoshi) - WORK HARD, DINOSAUR. Astounding stuff, argh, yer all up in my head and stuff. Wrecked my stuff so hard first game I didn't think to swap to ICs second round, which, in retrospect, seems like it would have been a good idea. Next time, perhaps.
9. Noob Slayer 92 (MK) - Shiv...? Awesome, you're a pretty amazing player for someone that I've never seen on the tourneys so far, though I can't say whether you actually came out of nowhere, lol. Also, grats on making an SN I somehow can't remember despite having some vague similarity to my own.
9. Zomgrob (D3) - D3's a crazy matchup, those were fun games. And dang, now I know I absolutely must pick up at least one more person to fight him with; one character is like a deathtrap.
17. Foy (snake) - WOOOW, way to get pretty good at brawl in like a week. Learn that marth, beat them zelda.
17. Acton (Falco) - Don't get down with yer results, you've just got a bit of a block as to how to advance your game. With some work, you'll broaden your thinking and make a better falco; techskill isn't going to be what holds you back.
25. Darem - Yo, you can step it up, I know you can. Yer cool dude to hang with, cya round sometime. IM me sometime if ya want some of my ideas in on music hax. Cuz I did just today think of something you could put in electroplankton, unless there's something I dunno bout.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
SHOUTOUTS!

Rob (pinpoint)– SIT AND SPIN!!! The barrel is on OUR team *****! Also, you are an amazing partner! We actually held our own against the top tier teams ^^ keep it up partner!

Dudtsai- you have got to be one of the funniest kids I have every met. Thanks for ****ing peple up and playing some really annoying jigs, I feel it really helped me get better.

Minh: Thanks for putting up with my bull all the time…You, Steve and Rob have really helped me stay focused and push myself harder. Also good **** saving Steve in that one match, you never fail to impress me. ^^

Steve (The General): Ever y one of your matches just reflected how much better you (and minh) have gotten lately. I am really impressed to see you both improving so much so quickly. Thanks for the good times smashing at my place as well as the advice. I can’t wait to see how we all do next tourney :D

Manalord- Good **** in doubles that was Rob and my hardest battle thus far. It really helps us to get better when there are talented people around us helping us out. Stay fly.

Neil (Pika Pika)– way to be a *** with jigs lol but it’s cool I learned a lot. I also got some sand in my eyes…Thanks for the ride home too.

Goggles – thanks for holding the tourney…watch out for that delete button dog.
Cura – AMAZING (also you and Eevee are sooooo cute!)

Eevee – So good to see you again in the sea of sausages! Jank stuff we had to play each other first but it was fun as always. Seeya next time :3

Beta – we have only just met but it was a pleasure. I hope to play you next time :D

ZOMGrob – M y frist time meeting your and I was very impressed. Your jigs style keeps me guessing.

Steffon (Koj)(Original Badboy): wassup original bad boy? Good matches you were really pushing me to play my best in our set I learned a lot. I weill definitely be hitting you up to play smash during the week with the RIT kids so see ya then! :D

Burak: **** man we didn’t get to play…I’m sure I’ll see you around RIT so we’ll get our game on then ^^

Foy – You’re getting so much better! Must have been from your time as a hermit out in the woods…Good **** with the Captain Falcon. PS: I will have the Pokémon up by next week most likely and yes you will be a Poliwag.

Nitro – Your Ganon is great! I really love your newly developed play style. Let’s play again next time ^^ PS: Thanks for the after-party

Artery Clogger: I always love playing you…just wait next time we meet I’ll be even better :3

Snakeee: nice to meet you a bit more properly than before. Hope to play you sometime ^^

Jesse (Jesiah_TEG)– As always you were on your ****. Very good matches from what I watched. And as always thanks for your advice and support as well as for letting us always come over your place.

Sharky: you are truly a Pokémon master…just **** I can’t believe you could make half of those noises. Yo and you’re knowledge during the Pokémon stadium quiz was amazing! Neil doesn’t have **** on you lol. You were psyching me out so bad in my first match but it was a really good set. Can’t wait to see you again :D

Spamus: It’s nice to see a Samus player out there good stuff

Pyro: I’m coming for my money *****…

altairian

Smash Lord
altairian: As usual, thanks for driving so far out of your way again! Sorry I was a jerk and beat you in an MM... Let's play more next time so you can get that Snake matchup down... or maybe you were just off. Either way we'll play more next time. I'm getting more serious about Brawl now. Also thanks soooo much for waiting another 6 hours or something after your tournament had ended.
Giving people rides is what I do ;) And np hanging around after brawl ended, I like to stay after anyway and watch/play friendlies, otherwise it kind of feels like I did all that driving for nothing!

You're not a jerk for beating me in a MM, I made the challenge lol. I was pretty off after I got knocked out of the tourney, I vented to like half the people in that venue and that didn't even help how pissed off I was at myself for my performance :p But I'd definitely like to work on the snake MU, I have a really hard time approaching campy characters and you're one of the few truly patient players so it'd be a big help to train against you.

Minic

Smash Apprentice
So i finally manage to put together a Sb account. Since i couldnt think of anything good that wasnt already taken. Maverick was already taken and so was Minh... guess theres more than one of me around here. ill just use one of the puns off my name that Pinpoint makes on a daily basis.

TheGeneral - Thx for helping me get second in melee doubles. We're taking 1st in the next tourny for sure.

Mana- Ur combos wit falcon are about the most rediculous **** i've ever seen. It's like u got a custom combo for every match up. Mad funs playing against you. We gotta play more friendlies so i can learn how to DI that ****.

Dudtsai- Man its sucks we never got play. By the end of the night we were losing setups so i kinda lost the chance to play friendlies with you. The campy jiggs looks like a fun matchup. We gotta play some rounds in the next tourny.

Goggles -Thx for the ride after the tourney. Kinda sucks about the car. Good job with all the money matches u had this tourney.

Mark -Nice playing doubles against u and ur partner. It's too bad u didnt play with ur fox in singles. Don't let the results from doubles turn u off from using him 1vs1. Too much random **** happens in doubles, it happens. Did you see the PikaPika/Kid vs Pinpoint/Spam matches? Funniest doubles match this tournament.

Beta - Nice doubles matches earlier, we gotta play some singles some time.

Foy -Man if you'd just stop killing yourself all the time and you'll gain like 10 levels and evolve into Ivysaur and do so much better at tournament. We should MM in Tenkaiichi Link vs young link sometime

PikaPika - Mad good performance in the brawl tourny. To think i use to be able to beat ur metaknight with lucas last year. Ur getting a lot better mad fast. Ur melee game seemed off a tad.

Cura - Ur ice climbers are rediculous man. Tho it must be hard trying to use em in both melee and brawl.
Practice some more melee and ill try to get better at brawl in to give u guys some challenge hopefully.

Evee -Our brawl matches are always really close. Ur doubles team in melee is surprisingly good. I hope u give melee a chance cuz peach is so much better in melee than brawl.

Amber -Nice job getting a game from pikapika/Kid. That was the funniest match that night. Remember it's all about practice. That sonic boom in a can was terrible...

PinPoint -I sometimes wish General spammed down smash with peach as much as you do, it's so good in teams. We didn't get to play much.

VisciousEnd - Man i wish i got to play u in singles. Ur frustration over "gimmicky" characters is always funny watch. Still great job in melee. How did u get to winner's finals?

Jessie - Nice job as always in melee. I'm was totally inspired by ur lecture on tech skill at ur place the other day. Losing to u always makes me wanna get better at this game without having to switch mains.

Hubble - Dude where were u? We didnt get to play at all.

DR G - Man ur doubles team was so good. Great job wit the brawl tourny.

San - Good stuff winning brawl doubles. I'll try to give u some better matches next time.

BARS - Alright we gotta work on some new doubles strats. Lets just copy all of san's and Hulks combos.

Nitro - Fun times playing against u again david. Ur ganon is coming along really good. I expect u to money match KID again next tourney and get some serious dough from him.

Pyro - LOL. lets play friendlies more often.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
ViciousEnd - Man i wish i got to play u in singles. Ur frustration over "gimmicky" characters is always funny watch. Still great job in melee. How did u get to winner's finals?
By being good, and practicing vs gimmicky characters.

Foy

Smash Champion
Foy – You’re getting so much better! Must have been from your time as a hermit out in the woods…Good **** with the Captain Falcon. PS: I will have the Pokémon up by next week most likely and yes you will be a Poliwag.
Ugh cant wait for that poliwag.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
Quotes of the Tourney:

"I'm a raging man" - Foy "a-lord" -Rob

"It's like a big **** you smoke out of" - Amber

"Mines longer and they thought it had some kind of disease" -Neil

"I am seriously a bad boy right now" -Steffon

"That's my thing, I love blue ****." -Sam

"Knee Factory." -Rob

"I've got ten dix." -Neil

"Minka is a Meedle." -Rob

"Diglett dig Diglett dig...Trio Trio Trio." -Everyone

"I wonder if you can eat a dragon egg and get dragon powers" -Sam

Highlights:

- Foy
- Yoshi Story Theme Song
- Brawl Grand Finals
- Rob stole a chair leg
- Scraaaaaaaing out of bed
- Dudatsu

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Foy. Always a highlight.
Remember that time you highlighted my hair while I was asleep?
WOOOHOW, I AM NOT FALLING ASLEEP AT ANOTHER SYRACUSE TOURNEY, I DON'T CARE HOW LONG MELEE LASTS. TERRIFYING, FOY. TERRIFOY.

Quotes of the Tourney:
"Diglett dig Diglett dig...Trio Trio Trio." -Everyone
Must've been during melee. I feel like I missed out, IC hammers I love my whack-a-mole.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Naw i think it was during melee grand finals. Along with the yoshi theme song, that we pretty much had a professional chorus for.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
PikaPika - i've only played you in teams in tournaments. stop staying in bracket so **** long XD. were the few rests really worth all of the dsmashes?
Cura - ridiculous cg's. good good stuff. fun chillin thunder spam :O
San (IKE) - lol, lava. good **** as usual. very inspirational.
Dr. Grandpa - hallo.
Snakeee - what's your apm in sc?
JesiahTEG - less quit, more legit! It's been a blast the past 2 weeks. grats and thanks.
XXX - fun times. so much cod.
Sharky - so many sounds! cyan yoshi ftw. i wanted an epic pictochat match but foy Self Defecated twice XD
K.I.D Goggles - loal @ secret temporal techniques. you know you have good friends when they give you other people's hearts so you can win games. (i can't believe you're soooooooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad at that game)
Sheth? (DK, Luigi?!?!) - you may be on a tier list soon.
Joe Fury - funny comeback as G&W.
Foy - FOYYYYYYYYYYYY you got way better, keep it up. i may have to pivot dsmash in order to 4 stock you now.
Dudtisai (Ike) another good variation of the name. IKE.
Altarian - well hallo there
Eevee - i couldn't hype your first bracket match :dizzy:. did you pull any stitchfaces? thanks for playing katamari. i wouldn't have seen so much of the game if it were up to me XD.
Minkaminkaminka aka maverick aka minwin aka sandbag deluxe aka mr skra-out-of-bed aka minic aka minhequin da dominican- enjoying your home run final ***stacy XIII contest?
PinPoint/PiPo/RTF/Rob: get better and play more singles, scrub. gj on the mindgames and hype machining.
The General (tuh tickuh tuh tickuh tuh) - stop being so busy and chill more! also: your stuff was all over the place (read: all over one place)
Vicious aka kaoudge aka deliciousblend aka bad boy - i see a suspicious trend of emails from a fictitious sender. i delete them with judicious tendencies. do you know how to help me deal with my ambitious "friend"? don't let the habit kick you, bad boy. pew pew.
Dudutsai aka duderstadt aka dudatsu aka king of doo doo - funny match vs goggles. ggs. you looked so composed most of the day. still don't know how you were being whiny, but i forgive.
ManaLord - hope you pull through the nonsense you gotta put up with. ggs, always fun.
Spamus43 (Samus) - hold down much?
NightroGlycerine - robot rock. get that ganon good. camp harder, get less scurred.
ZOMGRob (Jpuff) - didn't really talk/play that much but it was good.
Bok - smash more plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Beta - wtf you're so quiet i almost forgot. didn't play you at all either.
spamber: good ****. keep learning.
artery clogger: you and your marios! ggs as usual. anytime i see people that look like you i curse doc's uair.
pyro: get womped on. upgrade characters plz.
dave: super cool. enjoy the music.

other good things:
pokemon/yoshi's story circle
massive Korean rice cakes and crazy melon bottle
getting asked to leave wegmans
chillin at jesse's
cheesecake tournament
10χEchi / champions
fox in sox
random fake FFXIII spoilers that weren't even presented as spoilers. i wasn't even trying to troll and you guys troll yourselves T_T
katamari
sam's pokemon answers

Minh's smashbroads name means "little" in turkish.

haha.
AWWW MY LITTLE MINKA!!!

Remember that time foy trolled to and from massive2****s?

:dizzy:
VOODOO

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
full melee results please so i can do shoutouts, i thought goggles was getting the **** bracket? people fess up with your meleebracket or placement please

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
SHOUT OUTS

1. Jesiah TEG (Everyone)
A shame we didn't get to play, because watching you work is fascinating. I'm glad you don't like the Ganon matchup, this gives me at least a 0.1% chance of beating you someday

2. Vicious aka bad boy (Fox, Falco)
Your van is awesome. Thanks for telling me more about Ganon too, because of you I left the tournament a stronger Ganon than when I got there

3. Dudutsai aka king of doo doo (Jpuff)
lol Brawl... your Snake is good for someone just starting out and effin Final D messed us both up. Grats.

4. ManaLord (Falcon fox more?)
I only got to play you once but since our matches were awesome it made up for it. I took THREE STOCKS OFF OF YOU, this made my entire day, lol

5. Pikapika! (Sheik marth)
Pikachu needs to be banned for Champions.

5. K.I.D Goggles (gannon)
Your Ganon is SO GOOD... always just a split-second faster than mine too... good money match.

7. Minh (Link)
Ok. Link. I got this. He's like, D-tier, it's not problem. God**** it, stop throwing so many projectiles. Ok, zoned him, got inside range-- what? His hookshot can't possibly-- oh no, ok, I can eat a bair to bair combo... another bair? WTF.... HOW DOES DAIR LAST THAT LONG .... ok, I'm at like 160, I can still live OH CRAP WHERE DID THAT UAIR COME FROM FFFFFFFFF

Link's broken.

7. Spamus43 (Samus)
Keep placing better than me, I DARE YOU.

Rob - "my face feels all tingly!"

Amber - Finally got to play! Not just friendlies, but tournament! Your Sheik is so fast. Also, thanks for the disappearing rice cakes (it's like I'm eating nothing at all!... nothing at all!.... nothing at all!) and P.S. you're welcome

Pyro - Ok, got him, no wait, stop moving! Gonna grab him and-- quit moving around so god**** much! Gotta just... hit him ... ok got him... no wait STOP GOD**** MOVING

Seriously though, matches were so much fun, thanks so much for recording them so I can examine my Ganon in agonizingly specific detail.

Eevee - Nice to meet you, we should play sometime

Foy - OMG FOY. You're so insane. Good matches-- you don't remember prolly but we went even on money matches since you beat me with Fox. Also, way to burp up smoke during those doubles lol

TheGeneral - Thanks for the kind words, but you're SO GOOD ... if it hadn't been for SDing our matches would have been one-sided entirely since you basically figured out my Ganon by the end... I'll get you next time

GREAT TOURNAMENT. Whensthenextonewhensthenextonewhensthenextone!

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Sheth? (DK, Luigi?!?!) - you may be on a tier list soon.
Matches with out-of-city people have made me more confident lately. People in rochester see my game too often cuz I practice exclusively in person, and thus catch the sum of all my game advances as individual small changes, it feels like. This is the inverse of how it used to be, where I'm better at playing people I know.

GETTIN PUMPED FOR NEXT MONTH, THEN.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
bry i had you on my list but i don't see full melee results and i wasn't going to start till then

you know i loved chillin in that corner standin on broken glass lol. **** was tight! will happen every time im over at curas

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
First Off....DaKID, man you hold smooth tournies. wish I could have played more but theres always places to go and things to do....

San- I never really had the chance to play you. oh well

XXX- it wasent you knowing the matchups to well, it was me being bad at the game in general

ZOMGrob- I had fun in our matches. and quite the unexpected outcome at the end =)

Snakeee + Cura- You guys have crazy team chemistry. I enjoyed the one time I actually ledguarded snakeee and flew away thinking he was gone. then cura hopped out and I witnessed what seemed an impossible recovery. Our matches were an example of a massive skill gap....

Sharky- You would have beaten me if I didnt read that roll... great Yoshi none the less =)

and lastly to AMIELS ORIGINAL SUBMARINES!!! <3

hubble

Smash Ace
Next tournament, everyone that is down for it: we should get a big circle of us and get like 10 pieces in rotation speed puffing that schtufff.

Foy

Smash Champion
Nah this community cant become potheads.

Circle of pokemon chants and yoshis song is 100% better then that ****.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i'll just roll a blunt are you guys kidding me

i'll roll a blunt, and then ARE YOU SERIOUS? i'll roll another blunt

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Next tournament is RIT campus, April 10th, for those who were wondering. Pyro's doing it. Standard ruleset, but expect some scrubs since it's on-campus. Maybe brackets won't get so stacked with early HOLY CRAP matches, as a result.

Snowmanthatknows

Smash Journeyman
Nah this community cant become potheads.

Circle of pokemon chants and yoshis song is 100% better then that ****.
Totally, fcuking, agree.

Or get a ****ton of people gathered around that 6" TV, play in black and white and play that whatever game on Hyrul.

Top Bottom