• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Incredibly small WW Link hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
Ok, just for warning, I'm not really taking this that seriously, but if you look on Link's Character Update on Smash Bros Dojo, Sakurai says that "this particular link is from Twilight Princess". He's probably just comparing the design to OoT Link, but it could also be a hint at two different Links in Brawl (like WW Link).

Once again, I'm not taking myself that seriously here, and this topic is probably going to be flamed to no end, but I thought I'd just share my little find, regardless of how unlikely it is that it's an actual find :).

chibifibi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it could mean that, or it could mean: This particular Link from SSBB is blah blah blah.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so. I think that "this particular Link" is to differentiate it from the OOT design that's followed Link all the way through Melee so far.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
I knew I would get flamed in some way or another...lol. If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all, ****in *******.

And to ClarkJables, I think it being a hint to Wolf Link or Fierce Diety Link is unlikely. Wolf Link was in TP, so I don't think Sakurai would say "this particular Link is from TP" if it was Wolf Link he was hinting at. As for Fierce Diety Link, I just don't he's gonna be in brawl. WW Link or Wolf Link will come way before FD Link IMO.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Hey it's all in fun.

I think if FD Link was going to be in, he would have been Link's Final Smash. The only other hope for him is if Young Link returns - then he is YL's Final. And they're not going to include WW Link. It's the same character in a different graphical style. It would be like including an 8-bit Mario.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Hey it's all in fun.

I think if FD Link was going to be in, he would have been Link's Final Smash. The only other hope for him is if Young Link returns - then he is YL's Final. And they're not going to include WW Link. It's the same character in a different graphical style. It would be like including an 8-bit Mario.
Actually, you're wrong. Usually I don't like being blunt, but WW Link, or more precisely, the cartoonish style that degenerates from the cel-shaded in WW to the cartoony version in Minish Cap and Four Swords, is the official look of Young Link. If you were to pull up a picture of "modern generic young link" you would get the WW Cartoon version. The OoT young link is just that, just OoT young link, same with Majora's Mask young link.

And it's already been established that Adult Link and Young Link are seperate characters, with their own series of games. Brawl Link does NOT represent the entirety of the Legend of Zelda franchise.

Today's update {Bridge of Eldin} does help a little bit to prove that Brawl Link is entirely seperate from any other Link, and Sakurai agree's, proving that he accepts that TP Link is not the same character as WW Link. Always good to hear.

Glory to WW(Young) Link!

SIDE NOTE: That is also why my sig says "Young Link" and not "WW Link" or "Cartoony Link" for aforementioned reasons.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
^ Eh, all of that stuff about different Links was thrown in as a fan service to the obsessed fanboys who demand a Zelda timeline. They're really all the same character. It just gets stupid if they're all different.

For the purposes of Smash Bros, there is only one Link, unless you count Young and Old Link (and even they were just clones of each other in Melee)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
^ Eh, all of that stuff about different Links was thrown in as a fan service to the obsessed fanboys who demand a Zelda timeline. They're really all the same character. It just gets stupid if they're all different.

For the purposes of Smash Bros, there is only one Link, unless you count Young and Old Link (and even they were just clones of each other in Melee)
You just contradicted yourself, saying Young and Old Link are different. Which is what I'm saying, only a little more in depth.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I figured it out. It means you have too much time on your hands.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
I figured it out. It means you have too much time on your hands.
How about I switch that up on you. I figured it out, YOU have too much time on YOUR hands to start flaming me for no logical reason. I'm sure everybody around these forums goes back to the website every once and a while to just look at things besides updates. I just was happening to look at Link's page because I'm going to most likely main him, and I saw a small thing that I decided to post on the boards. It's not like I was hunting for hints or anything.

Also, I already said I wasn't taking myself to seriously here in the opening post. You make it seem like I was saying "OMGLolzaCKS!!!1!!1!, WW LINK HINT ON SMASHBROS WEBITEZZ!!!!!>!!.1 I wUz hUNTIng 4 WW LiNk HINTZ, anD I SawZ abVious HINTZZZ!!!!!1!!!11!!"

EDIT: I'd also like to add that this flame is coming from someone who spelled "roll" wrong in his signature.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai doesn't say that this particular Link comes from TP. He says:

"The design of this particular Link comes from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess."

He's talking about the design, not the Link. Because really, there are only two links: Adult Link and Young Link. Young Link has adopted the cartoony style as his official look lately, but Adult Link has yet to settle on a single official design, and may never officialy settle into one single look. So Sakurai was just admitting that he used Link's most recent look in Brawl, as opposed to sticking to an older look. I wouldn't search for any more significance than that.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice

"The design of this particular Link comes from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess."

He's talking about the design, not the Link. Because really, there are only two links: Adult Link and Young Link. Young Link has adopted the cartoony style as his official look lately, but Adult Link has yet to settle on a single official design, and may never officialy settle into one single look. So Sakurai was just admitting that he used Link's most recent look in Brawl, as opposed to sticking to an older look. I wouldn't search for any more significance than that.
That's exactly why I said I wasn't taking myself too seriously with this find, and thank you for bringing up the fact that the word "design" was thrown in there. Now there's definetely no significance here.:dizzy:

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

you do realize that each zelda games has a different Link (except few games), right..?

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Silver is right Oyster. It is a different link in each game. People, stop flaming foggy for making assumptions. He knows it probably means nothing. It does imply multiple links, though. "The design of this particular link" means as opposed to some other link. Whether that's opposed to OoT, or another link in Brawl, is yet to be determined.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
you do realize that each zelda games has a different Link (except few games), right..?
If you're refering to that whole 'timeline' thing, then yeah, sure, each game has a different Link.
But the whole Zelda timeline is so full of holes you could use it as a whiffle bat. Or possibly spread it over crackers, whichever is funnier.
Where did the Zora and Gorons go in LttP? Why do the Zora sometimes become monsters and other times are elfin fish-people? How did Hyrule, a basicaly flat land, suddenly become a chain of islands when submerged under whater?
More likely each Zelda game is a re-telling of what is very loosley the same story: Namely, a Hero (Link) must save a Princess (Zelda) and defeat a great evil (Ganon) to save the world.
The different stories are held in a loose and sloppy sort of order by the timeline, but really it's all the same story, and all the same characters. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I haven't read this topic, so someone has probably pointed this out, but keep in mind that translating from Japanese into English will lose small bits and pieces of information, and it won't mean EXACTLY what it means in Japanese. Sakurai doesn't really go for little hints, he's more of a "Check THIS out!" big surprise kind of guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom