• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INDIANA/KENTUCKY Official PR (Brawl) (as of 7/18/10)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
That doesn't change the fact that I'm as active as I can be when I'm a kid in their high school marching band. I go with the limits I have and try to go to smash tournaments whenever it's possible. Just like you're limited in tournaments because of your college status. Sorry if mentioning your name as inactive put you in a argumentative/defensive/lolno/whatever mood. I can replace that with like 5 other smashers from indiana I'm assuming. I could change the reason and have several more. The point of that post up there doesn't change. I just chose the name of the best smasher in the IN/KY area that's not as active as the usual active people based on the knowledge I have. Happy now?

It's not just like high school marching band. I practiced with trombone in middle school. College is like a full time job, period, and I still go out of state, which is why I took offense to your mentioning my name dude.

Don't take offense to my taking offense, it's not like "I" called you out or anything :/ We cool? Just trying to state my point. That you really don't know just how active I really am, and if you have some standard that smashers in IN (not even KY) should meet, let's hear it.

Don't take this as being backlashing, just trying to have an intelligent conversation since you seemed inclined to.

and this whole "please take it somewhere else" business. Um. I'm just responding in a topic that directly relates to attendance. Kay? Thanks.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Did you do marching band? You have to realize that Marching band is almost exactly like a full-time job. Every weekday (fridays are longer) between those two months, we're at school for 8 hours, then band for 3 and a half or 6 and a half. Saturday, we're at school by 7-10 am, don't get back until 12 am. It takes up more time than people think. A lot more. Unless you've been in it of course. I'm not saying college doesn't take up more time, but band does take up a lot of time. It really really does. I'm not trying to complain either; I love band, but what I AM trying to say is that if I had the time to go to tournaments, I'd use it if possible.

I'm really sorry about that. I assumed wrong, when I thought at the time I was right. I really am sorry about that. I don't know anything about the smashers in Indiana besides like two-three because I don't get to talk to them often. I was mainly trying to talk about how kentucky was lacking in activity, then Sov brought up Indiana too, so I was just trying to meet with that fact based on the information I had from a few indiana smashers that you and count were in college, which led me to assume from count not being at every tournament that you were in that same category. It was wrong of me for assume something like that and for that I really am sorry. I just want as many people as possible to be at our tournaments whenever IN/KY hosts one. I know I couldn't attend the last one, and I know several others couldn't either. It's just one of the things I hope for, ya know. I myself specifically don't have any standards that people should meet to be considered active. I just tend to group people based on what others say, because I get lost with the whole active v inactive thing myself.

Intellegent conversation is something I can say I was aiming for instead of being argumentative like suggested above. I really don't mind this. I don't mind this type of stuff. As long as no one gets really offended. That's when it gets aggervating. Which is why I'm sorry if I offended you.

We're talking IN/KY. Taking it elsewhere would be offtopic to the other area we take it to. Would you perfer for this to be in the other IN/KY thread too? K.

Krys, Ignore all of the above. You're right. I'm wrong. I'm dumb. Moving on. Happy now?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
They're going to Mansion Mansions Pool Pools in NEOH.

Show 'em what's up Sov and Hades.
Also play a match in the hottub. >.>
You know I'm gonna play a match in the hottub.

Whoop some *** for me ;O! Also worst comes to worst play that Aids card son, garunteed winner. REMEMBER AIDS >Anne Frank
Denzel Washington.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Ya'll lazy-***** need to update this, now!
No, seriously... I would like to see th update before I leave.

I got 9th at Pool Pools.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
big long explanation post that makes perfectly fine sense

Krys, Ignore all of the above. You're right. I'm wrong. I'm dumb. Moving on. Happy now?

Don't take it so harshly, man. I was just stating facts and I felt a little offended, but not so much that I don't take you seriously or anything, I still respect you.

Anywho, glad you're sympathetic and all with those of us who have lives outside of smash just like you do. I didn't mean to look all high-and-mighty because I've "been there, done that", and I'm sorry for rubbing you the wrong way with my post. I hope you're cool with that.
------------------

in other news, I just made it back from MLG and it was rockin', too bad I didn't take the money for MW, sorry guys... I think I made top 24 give or take if you count champ brackets, top 16 if you count just open bracket alone. Not sure until results are given... I feel like **** because honestly I think if I hadn't lost to Trelo in winners I would have EASILY had a chance to win this whole **** thing. God **** sonics running game on everyone ****, they wouldn't have me it through first round paired with me. (no offense to X/Espy, I just know sonic like I know the back of my hand)

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Is it too much to ask to at least get the figures up, for where everyone is currently placed? I really want to see, before I end up leaving.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
So if I'm allowed to get rides with Crash and his group still, then I guess I should start being able to go to tournaments again~ :) Yay! :D Pretty excited! :)

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
I was looking at the NJ PR's and it looks like they list who they have wins against I'm not sure what they do with those stats but it sounds like maybe we could do the same and it could help you guys out some so you don't have to do as much searching and investigating.

IDK look at their thread and tell me what you guys think

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
We actually have a thread(topic? I'm not sure what those are called exactly) in the social group where we go through and collect all the relevant tournament results and then list out each player and who they beat/lost to.

Although it would probably really helpful if you came in and posted any major OoS tournaments if they didn't see a lot of other INKY people there, because I tend to feel like I overlook some of those.

Also I apologize on behalf of the panelists because I know I've been really busy lately and I can safely say that's been the case for the rest of us the last couple of weeks too. I plan on getting my own list up tonight though so hopefully the delay won't last too much longer.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
We actually have a thread(topic? I'm not sure what those are called exactly) in the social group where we go through and collect all the relevant tournament results and then list out each player and who they beat/lost to.

Although it would probably really helpful if you came in and posted any major OoS tournaments if they didn't see a lot of other INKY people there, because I tend to feel like I overlook some of those.

Also I apologize on behalf of the panelists because I know I've been really busy lately and I can safely say that's been the case for the rest of us the last couple of weeks too. I plan on getting my own list up tonight though so hopefully the delay won't last too much longer.
Yea I wasn't sure how you guys got your info. I just suggest the "listing your W's" idea because it looked like it could be pretty useful

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
What LoZ said, we already have most of (if not all) the artwork required for this one, there's no need to change it. It just puts unnecessary work on an unlucky person.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I like DBZ, I just like this theme more. And maybe one of you guys who wants the Dragonball theme should make it for yourselves if you're really that interested (after getting approval from one of the guys of course), because I highly doubt that (Caleb or another person) would want to do it. :/

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
An overall theme is nice, however adding a background song is a little much. It's kinda annoying really. (Besides background songs on web pages is so 90's.)

Top Bottom