• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indiana Social Thread - Composer is back and hosting on January 12th!

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Indiana Social!

"Lincoln's Boyhood Home"

Yooooo New Management #takeovers

This is the Indiana Social yo!
Come chat and such. Check the OP for updates on upcoming tournaments (either local or in the area, which will probably include Ohio).

Local Monthlies!
Something2Do - Louisville, KY - Hosted by Joey
December 22nd, 2012

CSRBT [Cincinatti State Random Battles Tournament] - Cincinatti, OH - Hosted by Clowsui
NEXT DATE -- TBA

[Melee/PM] SSBO [Super Smash Battle Opera] Midwest Legends Series II - West Lafayette, IN - Hosted by CunningKitsune & 'fro
NEXT DATEª -- January 19th

ª - Event is Bi-Weekly; Schedule is in the thread!

Upcoming "Local" Tournaments

[Brawl]Midwest P-Town Throwdown - January 5th, 2013 - Paducah, Kentucky

[Melee/PM]Pleanty of Corn! - February 2nd, 2013 - Decatur, Indiana

Tournaments of Interest

[Brawl/Melee/PM]Rain - January 26th, 2013 - Columbus, Ohio

[Melee]SWEET IX: Winter Opener (OoS Pot Bonus) - January 19th, 2013 - Ann Arbor, Michigan

[Melee/PM]Sakurai Can't Save You Now 5! - February 15th-16th, 2013 - Oak Lawn, Illinois

[Brawl]Clowsui and Hilt Present: ARAMGEDDON (Both MK Legal & MK Banned Tournaments//See Thread for Info) - March 23rd-24th, 2013 - Cincinnati, Ohio

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
the vamp why the hell are you awake

Alright something i wanted to bring up X:

So OS was talking to me about it and stuff and I kinda wanna go to The Airship in North Carolina in July. It's about as far as Pound is but this tournament looks AMAZING. Brawl, Melee, 64, Pokemon HGSS, Mafia, it looks amazing. I kinda... can't miss this XD So who's in? And how are we gonna get there? OS how are you getting there? I checked for plane tickets and they're about $250~ which isn't too bad. I'm sure we can get them cheaper though, most likely. Carpooling would be nice, but I know Crash won't want to take the mothership there.

But yeah, I'm going.

Alright so this weekend we're going to Athens. Car group leaving from louisville looks like:

Crash
Hilt
Tac
Joey
Jake (meeting us in louisville)
LoZ (coming with jake)
Day (picking her up in cincy)

Seats (other than driver and shotgun) will be decided on the spot :p

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I also... kind've can't miss that tournament...

I want in on whatever anybody around IN/KY plans on doing to get there, money should NOT be an issue. (I'm almost guaranteed to get a job soon, and they don't often work on weekends.)

Count

Smash Champion
I should be free to do whatever this summer, I'm just taking classes. Need to find a job though!

Yay for this thread. I'm going to nope's along with ren and staying the night. I think caleb is planning on staying too, so lets organize rides and get a large IN group there!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Well I know I was gonna ride with Caleb, so whatever days he's going to Nope's I'll be there as well.

Placing higher than yo' Diddy Kong.

EDIT: I also kinda wanted to go to Apex 2 this summer as well, because every other Mario main is gonna be there and I'm going to beat them all in MMs.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
OMG It's that #1 scrub again I hear so much about him.

Great thread Hilt.
Airship looks tight... plus they said something about us being able to host side tourneys in the Freegame room *cough BRAWL MINUS cough*

Seriously though Reneblade is a dreamboat.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
EDIT: I also kinda wanted to go to Apex 2 this summer as well, because every other Mario main is gonna be there and I'm going to beat them all in MMs.

Fixed. And yes. Boss is considered best mario but mains luigi. eh, i might as well Main rob and second Mario. Lol, Mario sucks.
Yo Xero, Im in yo' Brawls, stealin yo' mario mains!

....................__________________
........_⎾⏋_.| GOOD DAY TO YOU! |
.........[p_o]..|/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
[ll-____|¦|____-ll]
...........|¦|...........
...........|¦|...........
....__‚—|¦|—‚__....
..|——l¯l-l¯l——|..
....¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯....

but really im looking forward to seeing all of you at OUGA and Nopes.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Raleigh is what... about 8 hours away from Lexington?

Also I like the idea of a ride organizing thread because getting rides is often really difficult for me

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah Eric was wanting to go to Apex and so was I, we were gonna carpool to it. But if I'll have to choose between it and Airship, there's no way I'm going to Apex. Especially since it, Apex, and the Showdown are all a month apart from each other :/

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Count, I outplaced you next weekend. =D

And lol Sil, go ahead and take all the Mario mains! It just means less money for me.

And I'd also rather go to the Airship than to Apex 2, but I'd prefer to go to both. (Provided I have the $$$)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Airship looks cool, but someone like me ain't spending money like that. Anyone have any idea how Lexington is (or not is) getting to Smashing through the Stones. That's the next event I actually wanna go to.

Also I'm gonna need a ride to EWWFG.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
This sounds really melee***gy, but is this for Melee and Brawl? If it is, I'm in. If not, I'm still but probably gonna be lazy and go to no tourneys unless they are 1hour or less away from me(Aka, eville)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Shonic, do you mean the social thread in general? Or the tournament listings? We'd love to have you all, I don't have anything at all against melee players (starting to get back into though game myself, actually). And most of the melee players around here I've met are cool (loved hangin out with Reneblade and Buzzby at pound).

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Shonic, do you mean the social thread in general? Or the tournament listings? We'd love to have you all, I don't have anything at all against melee players (starting to get back into though game myself, actually). And most of the melee players around here I've met are cool (loved hangin out with Reneblade and Buzzby at pound).
I pretty much just mean the tourneys, because, hey, we're all smashers, right?.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
You called him Buzzby~ It's stuck~!

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
So OS was talking to me about it and stuff and I kinda wanna go to The Airship in North Carolina in July. It's about as far as Pound is but this tournament looks AMAZING. Brawl, Melee, 64, Pokemon HGSS, Mafia, it looks amazing. I kinda... can't miss this XD So who's in? And how are we gonna get there? OS how are you getting there? I checked for plane tickets and they're about $250~ which isn't too bad. I'm sure we can get them cheaper though, most likely. Carpooling would be nice, but I know Crash won't want to take the mothership there.
MAFIA?!?!??!?!?!??!

On a serious note, I may be able to get you guys housing for the Airship.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Airship looks like a blast! I'd like to go, but it depends on what my summer looks like...

Since it will be my first as a working adult! D:

Icyo

Smash Ace
What I think I'll do is, I'll talk my family into going to Charleston again but have them drop me off in Raleigh. lolol

Calebyte

Smash Lord
But LoZ, every Mario main in the nation will be there. (Seriously, Vato is flying up from SoCal). That's free **** for you! :p

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
i cant beat xero, so how am i supposed to beat anyone and everyone better than xero. WHICH IS NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Finally found this thread lol

Hilt, add the March 27th MSC event to the OP plz! Sounds like 2 cars will be going.

Icyo

Smash Ace
If you swab the Airship's decks there is a large possibility it will allow you to stay on board and go with it to Ape necks.

Top Bottom