• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indirect Lucario Buff?

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Many people (myself included) who played the Smash demo realized that, at higher percentages, it seems a bit too hard to K.O. fighters. Could this be good news for Lucario since his whole "gimmick" is becoming stronger at higher % and he will now be able to stay alive while at his max power. Obviously this only applies if no changes are made to stage boundaries, knockback range, etc. I really wish he was playable in the demo so I could have tried him out and see for myself if he really was buffed by the knockback changes.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Actually I've been seeeing people die around 100 ish and that depends on the character or move.

Bowser can kill at 60 for example though other characters might struggle a bit or some just combo into one like ZSS does.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
The fact that Kirby U-throw in the demo was killing ppl like ZSS at around 90% un-staled and Red Ryu's comment about Bowser killing at 60% then yeah, I'm pretty sure we got some hidden advantageous buffs, FCAS never felt so scary~

Edit: So far with how early stocks can be taken, Lucario's aura attacks may not get a drastically huge buff in Aura but will most likely buff the utility in his moves (Ex: ExtremeSpeed range!)

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Pretty sure they said he will scale pretty hard with Aura, but then again we don't know outside of his UpB going farther.

But his Final Smash is MegaLucario with full Aura so we know that at least.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Yeah, some of the throws look like they do kill really early.

I just hope he's a decent KO'er around the 70-100% mark

bomono3

Smash Cadet
I foresee his recovery being almost guaranteed considering that at larger percents he can go farther distances and be more likely to achieve the ledge, more than that he is likely going to be more aggressive than his brawl counterpart because of this, i see him being a larger offensive threat, rather than his highly defense based brawl version.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
But his Final Smash is MegaLucario with full Aura so we know that at least.
I kinda figured MegaLucario would be his FS but I don't think I heard Sakurai saying it was his FS confirmed but It most likely will be.

Oh yes angry Mega Lucario, I'd love me some of that. I also wonder exactly how much buffing he got depending on how many of his attacks are aura-based as well/

Gune

Smash Lord
We have seen how far force palm goes when he's Max aura this could give him better camping options than using mini AS if the ending lag isn't horribly long like in brawl also extreme speeds hit box is going to make him a pretty good gap closer not to mention hell most likely to hit the stage with out having to go to the ledge if he's high aura, and I'm still waiting to see if there is more to Lucarios mega evolution before I can call it a FS.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
^ True. I don't wanna make brawl an example otherwise, but sky turns darker (like Legendary SS Broly is here or something) when Smash Ball is grabbed and used. Sky was perfectly clear there on the Skyloft stage so I'm still holding back my words until it's confirmed to the max.

Top Bottom