• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite-A

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I just found this out today, on my own...don't know if it's already been posted, but here goes:

characters who have infinite attacks will normally keep repeating the first part of their infinite attack if you just hold A down...this is pretty much common knowledge. However, in order to get to the section of the move that repeats forever, you have to normally hit something.

I found that if you hold A for a second, then let go, quickly slide down and tap B, then slide back up to A and continue holding it down, it will cause your character to instantly move into the infinite sequence.

I've only tried this with Fox; dunno if it works with anyone else.

keeper

Smash Champion
Yeah, you can kind of just do it the same as it was done in melee then hold it down to do the infinite part.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Just mash until you get to the infinite part then hold. It's much simpler than you think.
No, you can't just mash it - sliding down to B and then back to A saves a few frames, because it actually cancels the inital jab into a B move, then immediately cancels that back into the second part of the A combo. Better yet, if you do it on the ledge, you can save a third frame because the 'teetering on the edge' animation gets cancelled in there as well.

Damax

Smash Lord
No, you can't just mash it - sliding down to B and then back to A saves a few frames, because it actually cancels the inital jab into a B move, then immediately cancels that back into the second part of the A combo. Better yet, if you do it on the ledge, you can save a third frame because the 'teetering on the edge' animation gets cancelled in there as well.
Okay I won't read back the post it is dumb. if you'd cancel the jab, and the b special you'd be back to jab one and not the infinite, try things before posting

Mash a and hold its the same thing. A combos seems to have an ideal timing to make it faster.

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Okay I won't read back the post it is dumb. if you'd cancel the jab, and the b special you'd be back to jab one and not the infinite, try things before posting

Mash a and hold its the same thing. A combos seems to have an ideal timing to make it faster.

actually, the b-special never initiates for whatever reason, thus allowing you to slide back up to A and start the infinite-loop.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
But how does this work, you ask?

Simple. You're sliding your thumb to B before the jab animation ends. The B attack never registers, then you slide your thumb over to A, which registers as a second press of A. This starts the second jab. Now you're holding down A. Since you're holding down A and it's no longer the first jab, it goes straight into the rapid jabs.

Not a technique, really. Just press A twice and hold on the second press for the same results.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
But how does this work, you ask?

Simple. You're sliding your thumb to B before the jab animation ends. The B attack never registers, then you slide your thumb over to A, which registers as a second press of A. This starts the second jab. Now you're holding down A. Since you're holding down A and it's no longer the first jab, it goes straight into the rapid jabs.

Not a technique, really. Just press A twice and hold on the second press for the same results.
/t h r e a d

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Holding left on the control stick makes you walk left.
I'm not sure if this works when holding right. Can somebody test this?

Flayl

Smash Hero
awwww man, i thought you found a way to infinite loop the first jab while just holding A (which would be ridiculous)

Top Bottom