• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite dribbling lock

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Diddy has one. I've recently found it and tested against a lot of characters. It's a bit situational, but not bad. I'll make a video soon!

How to do:
1) Oponent between two nanas
2)Dribling downwards hitting him
3)Pick up the nana which is under yourself, face the enemy and repeat.

The timing is similar to all chars, except, for exemple, olimar. I haven't tested all characters yet.

This afternoon i'll try to upload the video.

EDIT: Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnSS9eMZQoA

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'm going to need to see that video, because until then I can only see Diddy's body pushing the foe too far away (beside the fact that they bounce away when hit by a Banana in the first place).

Also, if you're that close and the opponent isn't already tripped... Well, that's just not a safe spot. I'll refrain from further comment until the video is posted.

This sounds cool, though; I hope you're right about it working.

nvm

Smash Apprentice
Can't really say "infinite" since the bananas will disapear but I'll wait for the vid

tibs7

Smash Champion
I've already tried this, the bananas have to be like perfect position to do this if I remeber correctly. Otherwise it's like what ingulit said.

solecalibur

Smash Master
This seems extremely situational but with all these Diddy AT's its gonna be hard to keep track of where to place yourself with out getting infinite lock but I guess the same can be said with all these new Infinities other characters can preform

TreK

Is "that guy"
Luigi for S tier ?

Yet another infinite ô_o
You guys progress too fast T_T

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Thinking, maybe single banana lock into the infinite? but then again if you are doing a single it's not worth just not going for the spike. maybe simplicity?

or maybe a double lock into a single on the other side after you've glide tossed close enough. so you use the single to bring the character back a little bit, and then go into the infinite into fsmash or whatever

i figured the second method would be good because the double lock is fairly simple to set up, and if you are close enough, then jumping to the other side for a single shouldn't be too hard, and you would only have to be able to repeat the single lock once or twice before doing the easier/more simple infinite.

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
Thinking, maybe single banana lock into the infinite? but then again if you are doing a single it's not worth just not going for the spike. maybe simplicity?

or maybe a double lock into a single on the other side after you've glide tossed close enough. so you use the single to bring the character back a little bit, and then go into the infinite into fsmash or whatever

i figured the second method would be good because the double lock is fairly simple to set up, and if you are close enough, then jumping to the other side for a single shouldn't be too hard, and you would only have to be able to repeat the single lock once or twice before doing the easier/more simple infinite.
You can use single banana lock if the other banana is away to approach and start the Infinite. Just play with the 2 methods when you get your foe.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I think that setting these things up aren't as hard as people make them out to be. I've managed to start the single several times, you just have to be ready to start it when you see the opportunity. This infinite is AWESOME.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I miss the time when whenever an infinite was discovered it went into a 50 pages long thread with flamewars and all that fun stuff =/

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Interesting.
But do you have to turn around when you dribble the other way?
yea otherwise the opponent trips towards that direction i noticed. ****s good son. needs setups now! easiest infinite ever LOL

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
what do i do wrong when i buffer a pivot dash attack instead of a turn around pickup?
i cant seem to get it consistent

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
People, on page 2 i posted a set up. it's technically difficult but its not actually hard to set up. I've been practicing on fd training cpu set to walk, i manage to get from the DNL into the SNL, and I can get from the SNL into the infinite, but I can't yet get through all three at once.

Look, DNL is EASY to set up, all you had to do is make sure you are within 2 or 3 glide tosses so they don't go off stage before you're ready for the SNL.

Someone try testing this with me, I can't complete it myself but I know some of you are WAY more technically proficient then me. I may not be the best diddy ever heard of but I think this will work and give us access to a 0-death.

Top Bottom