• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite on Diddy Kong

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Bringing this back cause I think it might actually be practical after seeing that Diddy vs ZSS vid. We just need to figure out how to start the footstool lock.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Maybe we could get it after a fleedle deedle. We don't have any BS ZSS does like stun...maybe fair to footstool? I honestly don't know.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
The only thing I've tried that works is FH down toss > catch > footstool lock.

QA > footstool works, but we can't infinite because of RCO lag. It does give us a free fsmash or uair>footstool though.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
But as there is time to hit them before they can do anything (With thunder or F-smash) we should be able to footstool them...no?

Life

Smash Hero
Crouch+cstick down seems to do the trick

EDIT: Nvm, doesn't work with throwing items
EDIT2: Yes it does, if you do it while crawling. crouch-tilt forward slightly-A

Life

Smash Hero
Ahh ok, thanks :D
Not a problem. Benefited me too, I didn't know it was possible until I saw it in the vid and I figured I'd go check it out in training mode...

Also, C-stick in any direction except down will do a dtilt as well. Cstick down throws the item down.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I think spot dodging a grab > footstool is a reliable set-up. If you didn't know, grab is the only attack you can footstool without it being a phantom footstool. So what you're doing is dodging the grab then footstooling them during their lag. You may need to buffer a dash after the spot dodge.

Edit: This is not in the vid, but another possible set-up is footstooling during Diddy's fair landing lag. Diddy's fair has 30 frames of landing lag which gives you just enough time to footstool after a dodge/shield.

Captain L

Smash Champion
How do you do the instant throw right before the fsmash? I've gotten the lock down pretty consistently, if only there were diddies in my region...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
it is just an instant throw. Pretend you want to perfect shield an attack and shield grab immediately. You press R and then INSTANTLY press A and you will throw it. You don't need to finish like that though, you can just fast fall the 2nd throw and F-smash him.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Flashy<efficient. If you can get it then good, it is technically better because you get extra %, but you don't wanna get the infinite and then mess up the kill do you?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Prime, you are the best. Without you I couldn't be as good as I am.

Thanks *bows*
<3
How do you do the instant throw right before the fsmash? I've gotten the lock down pretty consistently, if only there were diddies in my region...
Catch the banana with L or R then c-stick down (or down A) immediately after. This doesn't work with Z.

When you practice the lock, make sure you do it in training mode with the CPU set to "Walk." This way the CPU will always roll away as soon as possible after the trip.

Edit: The instant throw finisher is easier for me than the other way. Diddy always rolls away before I can hit him with the banana if I land first. :/

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You don't land first.

You do the first footstool throw, then instead of footstool throwing a second time you just FF with a down throw.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Prime, you are the best. Without you I couldn't be as good as I am.

Thanks *bows*
Omfg I love reading these posts.

btw: this is disgusting guys, good ****.

Top Bottom