• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Put down a vote for the Inklings a while back. They're a part of my new school trinity with Impa and Wonder Red. I love everything about them and Splatoon and feel as though they would have an impressive play style if brought into the Smash collective. Can I be listed as a supporter too?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm wondering how the Inkling would be implemented. I they can leave ink around the place it would either be limited so only a certain amount of the stage is covered or make it so it disappears after a while.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
add me to the list. Ever since the game got released, I wanted it and i wanted to see inkling meet with and compete against all the other fighters!

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Put down a vote for the Inklings a while back. They're a part of my new school trinity with Impa and Wonder Red.
Right on. Inkling/Wonder Red/Dixie Kong here.

Of all the characters that we could vote for, I feel like Inkling has the most potential when it comes to creating a unique moveset. I'd absolutely love to see them make it in as DLC.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I have a Elders and Newbies top 3 myself:

Elders: Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle), Mike Jones (StarTropics), Lip (Panel de Pon)
Newbies: Inklings (Splatoon), Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101), Impa (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword/Hyrule Warriors)

Inklings and Takamaru being my most wanted characters overall.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I have a Elders and Newbies top 3 myself:

Elders: Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle), Mike Jones (StarTropics), Lip (Panel de Pon)
Newbies: Inklings (Splatoon), Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101), Impa (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword/Hyrule Warriors)

Inklings and Takamaru being my most wanted characters overall.
A bit off topic, but you do know that Impa has been around since the beginning of the Zelda series, right? She's definitely more old school as a character unless you are specifically talking about her younger character design in particular, but she still is a recurring Zelda character.

Back on topic- I wonder if votes for inklings will spike after Splatoon's release.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Yeah the younger character design is the reasoning behind my calling her one of my "newbie" picks.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Maybe because he doesn't want Fat Impa or Old Woman Impa in the game. I wouldn't mind the former since we need more heavyweight females. :troll:
i was referring to young impa which first appeared in ocarina of time in 1996

anyway this getting off topic

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So who here is hoping that the Final Boss of Splatoon's Single Player Mode is something truly unique and powerful?

Come on, we all know that Nintendo is obsessed with using the same head and hands boss or the usual "giant eyeball or cyclops enemy".

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Geez guys, I know the history behind the character. I was just highlighting the most recent Impa design (the one used primarily in Skyward Sword and improvised in Hyrule Warriors) with that comment... :p

On topic, Inklings would have the best color alts and alt costumes easily.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I threw in a vote for Inkling to day the polls came out. I really hope we see this character as DLC.

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
So who here is hoping that the Final Boss of Splatoon's Single Player Mode is something truly unique and powerful?

Come on, we all know that Nintendo is obsessed with using the same head and hands boss or the usual "giant eyeball or cyclops enemy".
Trust me, I'm hoping

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Put my vote through, I really think they have a good chance.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
Back on topic- I wonder if votes for inklings will spike after Splatoon's release.
I wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure we've seen a good amount of what Inklings can do and what they're all about, but I don't think we know everything. Actually I'm almost sure we don't. But after the game's launch when everyone has a better feel for the character and they're weapons and movement, more people may be more comfortable getting behind the idea of the Inklings in Smash. I mean, sure they look cool and are unique, but they've got to prove themselves worthy just like everyone else.

D

Deleted member

I really don't know about this character. From a game that focuses on getting the whole arena covered in colored ink, it's just hard to imagine what she/he can do, and i'm surprised OP came up with one that can work out. Just my opinion of course.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
I really don't know about this character. From a game that focuses on getting the whole arena covered in colored ink, it's just hard to imagine what she/he can do, and i'm surprised OP came up with one that can work out. Just my opinion of course.
Like I've said before, I think once the game is out and in people's hands, it should be easier to imagine them in Smash. And covering the stage in ink might be an interesting concept to use in Smash. I'd imagine a stage control character covering stages in ink to influence what other characters do similar to Pac Man's fire hydrant but used differently. I also imagine Inklings being similar to Megaman as well using a good assortment or projectiles too.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm really liking the new charger weapon. I heard it describe as a "shotgun" and that sounds really cool.

So my main picks so far seem to be the Paintbrush and Classic Sqiuiffer.

Anyway, who else was able to get the Splatoon 3pack? It should still be up, (strangely), but I was able to get it. I'm so happy! :happysheep:

Last edited:

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
I only pre ordered the Inkling Girl, but I've decided that if when Splatoon launches, that if one of my local shops has the 3 pack, I'd pick it up then.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My priorities right now are to get female Inkling, but if I can find the full set, I'll definitely get that.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I was able to snag the 3-pack. I'm happy the squid was green since that's my favorite color.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Its one of the Nintendo properties that focuses on weapons so I am sure it isn't too hard to imagine what an inkling can do.

D

Deleted member

It's a smash game and Inkling hops right in to smash... with a ink gun! To be honest, i don't hate Inkling. I just don't share a similar view with the millions that support her, but i am interested to see how it will all end up.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So Inklings are looking to be potentially common amiibos. Thats good to know even if I did pre-order them regardless.

Speaking of amiibos. Man, the amiibo reddit was probably the most negative I have ever heard people be of Splatoon.

I mean, when the Splatoon 3 pack came up in discussions, there was a lot of mocking towards people buying it for "wasting their money on a game that isn't going to be good."

I honestly like the amiibo designs whether the game ends up sucking or not. Not to mention the extra missions look like they can be pretty fun. (Also potentially very evil depending on what the missions are and what weapons you are assign). Can't wait to have School girl inkling. :happysheep:

So either way, I think it is 35 dollars well spent. On to Splatoon! :kirby:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Splatoon Wii U bundle announced!

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/21/splatoon-wii-u-bundle-announced-coming-to-best-buy

Nintendo is really pushing this IP. Inkling being in Smash seems more and more likely every day.
Good news! I expect the Inkling Amiibo to be fairly common, since it seems like Nintendo is pushing the IP hard. I'm going to be pissed if I can't walk into the store on May 29th and buy what I want. None of this "pre-order two months in advance" shenanigans.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Splatoon Wii U bundle announced!

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/21/splatoon-wii-u-bundle-announced-coming-to-best-buy

Nintendo is really pushing this IP. Inkling being in Smash seems more and more likely every day.
Splatoon as the next big Nintendo IP since Animal Crossing and Pikmin confirmed!

We might as well call the Inklngs shoo-ins at this point whether they manage to top the Smash Ballot or not. I can't wait to main the blue make Inkling the day he is actually revealed.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I totally have full support for the Inkling. In fact their one of my top DLC newcomers. I can see them being another possible pre DLC announcement in E3 with Wolf, Ryu and Roy, especially, with the game being released in May. It'll help hype up the game even more and not to mention it would be another franchise to have representation in Smash for cross promotion. I hope this is another pre DLC character that won't have anything to do with the ballot.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think Inklings are at the point where if they don't get in via DLC, they're the strongest candidate going into the next game bar none. Their situation is basically like Olimar and Villager's was with Melee. The game came out too late for the characters of the first party published IP to make it into Smash.

I'm throwing every ounce of support I have into these guys. The moveset potential is incredible and I really think they can stand out as one of the most unique guys in the crowd.

Seriously can't wait for May 29th. The more I see from this game, the more I want it. I've got the boy and girl amiibos pre-ordered (the only amiibos I've bought) and I'd really like to get the squid down the road. Hope to find some of you online!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
RH character is the strongest candidate going into the next game.

Inkling is after that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
RH character is the strongest candidate going into the next game.

Inkling is after that.
That is completely true, even if Inkling is the one getting more votes than any Rhythm Heaven character in the Ballot. Not like it really matters since it's a win-win situation for both franchises either way. :p

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
So Inklings are looking to be potentially common amiibos. Thats good to know even if I did pre-order them regardless.

Speaking of amiibos. Man, the amiibo reddit was probably the most negative I have ever heard people be of Splatoon.

I mean, when the Splatoon 3 pack came up in discussions, there was a lot of mocking towards people buying it for "wasting their money on a game that isn't going to be good."

I honestly like the amiibo designs whether the game ends up sucking or not. Not to mention the extra missions look like they can be pretty fun. (Also potentially very evil depending on what the missions are and what weapons you are assign). Can't wait to have School girl inkling. :happysheep:

So either way, I think it is 35 dollars well spent. On to Splatoon! :kirby:
The people who hate splatoon have probably been playing too much call of duty, which imo gets boring even if there are new mechanics in the CoD game (CoD advanced warfare) that comes after the game that came out a year ago ( CoD ghosts)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Splatoon will be good if only because it's an EAD game. But it'd be untrue to say more options in certain modes wouldn't make it better.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Do you guys think that Sakurai already knew about Splatoon before we even knew about it and already sees potential for the Inkling? The Inkling just seems like the kind of character that would attract Sakurai's attention.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So like K Rool, i expect the Inkling to become playable. I'm in full support of a Splatoon rep but i probably wont show it much because of my thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom