• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Anyone else just hoping that a Sunshine map will be released for Splatoon?

Like, Delfino Plaza, Ricco Harbor, Pianta Village, and Pinna Park seem like the best fits for battles :)

It'd be super hype!
I'm hoping for a Mario Sunshine map too!

Delfino Plaza and Ricco Harbor seems to be the best fits IMO. Especially Ricco with the metal plateforms you could go through as a squid.

Delfino Plaza obviously would need a rework to be symmetrical, but it's the most iconic place (obviously).

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'm hoping for a Mario Sunshine map too!

Delfino Plaza and Ricco Harbor seems to be the best fits IMO. Especially Ricco with the metal plateforms you could go through as a squid.

Delfino Plaza obviously would need a rework to be symmetrical, but it's the most iconic place (obviously).
I'm feeling Pinna Park a lot! The high ground, the rides, the close quarters and ranged fights

The ships could be a gimmick, an inkable surface that constantly moves! Of course that'd be super hard to code xD

But Ricco Harbor does fit best, it even fits the squid theme already! It's basically perfect!

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm feeling Pinna Park a lot! The high ground, the rides, the close quarters and ranged fights

The ships could be a gimmick, an inkable surface that constantly moves! Of course that'd be super hard to code xD

But Ricco Harbor does fit best, it even fits the squid theme already! It's basically perfect!
Story mode. Constantly rotating inkable objects would not be a stretch from what is in there.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

My main problem with Pinna Park would be the "shape", although I love the place.

I'd prefer Delifno Plaza or Ricco Harbor and a generic theme park instead!

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I think everyone is expecting a Super Mario Sunshine stage at some point I would personally love it. It just makes way too much sense to not have a Super Mario Sunshine related stage hoping it'd be Delfino Plaza of all things makes it in or F.L.U.D.D. as a weapon for DLC. Even though I'm indifferent to FLUDD in fact I'm so indifferent to it that I barely use the damn thing whenever I play as Mario in Smash. But yeah, FLUDD as a weapon or Delfino Plaza as stage has to happen.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I have always wondered how F.L.U.D.D would work in the game as a weapon..

Would it shoot ink, or water, like it is supposed to? I mean I guess it shooting ink would be ironic in a way.. lol XD

Then again, from how we see inklings respond to falling in water (Just up and DISSOLVING..).. it would definitely be a potent weapon. Here is how I think a weapon like that could work:

Use of F.L.U.D.D. would be a double edged sword. It can quickly take out inklings that get wet.. of course it could ALSO be able to do damage to you if you get wet, so the player would have to take care. It could also be used to wash away the other team's ink. Of course, the machine being a cleaning tool, wouldn't discriminate. It would more than likely very well wash away "Your own" team's ink as well as your opponents. The tank would refill like regular ink, but generally slower.

Of course it could also just end up a re-skin...

Which reminds me.. anyone else bothered a bit at how some of the "weapons" seen obtainable from the amiibo are apparently just reskins of the standard stuff? I mean not that that is a bad thing or anything... I just really think it would be cool to see unique weapons, especially in the long run, when a lot of these weapon classes become staples, and we need stuff to freshen things up.

Last edited:
Ill say it again but if we are getting anything weapon related for splatoon from sunshine it should be this
maybe from the bowser Jr. amiibo?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Ill say it again but if we are getting anything weapon related for splatoon from sunshine it should be this
maybe from the bowser Jr. amiibo?
That would be a really cool one... Maybe it could come from a Shadow Mario amiibo? I mean that disguise is what me saw most of the game... seeing Shadow mario running around slashing ink everywhere would just be too awesome XD

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I think everyone is expecting a Super Mario Sunshine stage at some point I would personally love it. It just makes way too much sense to not have a Super Mario Sunshine related stage hoping it'd be Delfino Plaza of all things makes it in or F.L.U.D.D. as a weapon for DLC. Even though I'm indifferent to FLUDD in fact I'm so indifferent to it that I barely use the damn thing whenever I play as Mario in Smash. But yeah, FLUDD as a weapon or Delfino Plaza as stage has to happen.
I'd stick with FLUDD and Ricco Harbor. Y'know with Bloopers being squids and stuff and maybe some graffiti Ms scattered about

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
will probably fill tomorrow then. I wonder if there will be dome reward for being one of the first to hit 10.

Based on the fact nothing is covered in that tweet no one won. . .

Now i wonder what happens in a tie game. In actual splatoon.
Judd lets both teams win, someone tested it but I forgot who. It looks like the other team lost but they won also. Unless that guy I saw messed up his experiment.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'd stick with FLUDD and Ricco Harbor. Y'know with Bloopers being squids and stuff and maybe some graffiti Ms scattered about
I want my mario Amiibo to have dlc challenge maps for Fludd

And my Luigi Amiibo to have dlc challenge maps for the polturgust

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So a list of things I want to see in Smash involving Splatoon:
The Characters: Inklings (Duh).

Colors and Alts: All sets of colors in Splatoon for both genders, (as doubtful as it is). Octoling, and Callie. (Let me dream).

Stages: Octovalley. Yeah, I know things like Inkopolis are more popular choices, but honestly Octovalley's scenery is really beautiful. Especially with the mist in the air. Really breathtaking. The floating platforms also lend itself better to being an actually stage. They can even throw in uses for the zipline and fan.

Music: Now the thing about the music is that it is all pretty short. Each song lasts about a minute. The thing about each song in smash bros is that they last at least 2. So in theory, there are going to need to be a lot of medleys or combined songs. But a list of the 4 songs I want are: 1. Splattack 2. Gusher Gauntlet 3. Final boss (First phases) 4. Final Boss (Final Checkpoint) Honestly you could probably just combine the last 2. So about 3 songs then, hopefully remixed.

Assist Trophy: Judd. Could give the character that is currently winning a boost.

Trophies: Callie&Marie, Judd, The shop keepers, Cap'n Cuttlefish, Final Boss (if smash 5), Octoling

Smashrun, (or whatever future Smash bros adventurey type thing): Octotropper, Octoling (if not alt),

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
A little story from today:
Walks home from a rough day at school
Sees delivery truck in the driveway
Ask if it's going to Apartment J
Delivery Man says no
I go up to apartment
No package is at the porch like packages usually are
Goes in with a sad face
Sees small box in the living room
It has our address and has "Tony's package - Mommy" written on it
Tears open the box and there it is, the Splatoon Amiibo 3-pack.

I'm so happy right now :drflip::happysheep::drshrug:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
A little story from today:
Walks home from a rough day at school
Sees delivery truck in the driveway
Ask if it's going to Apartment J
Delivery Man says no
I go up to apartment
No package is at the porch like packages usually are
Goes in with a sad face
Sees small box in the living room
It has our address and has "Tony's package - Mommy" written on it
Tears open the box and there it is, the Splatoon Amiibo 3-pack.

I'm so happy right now :drflip::happysheep::drshrug:
Congrats man, my mom helped out with my purchase of my Splatoon amiibo three pack.
Moms are great.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
The N-Zap will be like a regular NES Zapper, it will instakill like the blaster but the shot will go to your enemy way faster, the twist is there is no aiming reticle. Just like the original NES Zapper!

Last edited:

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
The N-Zap will be like a regular NES Zapper, it will instakill like the blaster but the shot will go to your enemy way faster, the twist is there is no aiming reticle. Just like the original NES Zapper!

If that was true, I would've laughed

Burruni

Smash Hero
.....So.

When are we going to get....

THE FRIGGIN' PAINT BRUSH WE'VE BEEN SEEING SINCE THE FIRST MAJOR TRAILER AND IS IN THE CURRENT TV COMMERCIALS?!

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Oh man, Splat Zones are so fun to play! I found myself dominating that mode as of today.
NES Zapper is a pretty good gun range and damage wise too!
The new map is super huge and close quarters, really interesting design.

So, in short, this update was awesome!

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Ranked Comebacks.
Can happen.
HARD.
I mean 86 to 16 going down to 15 - 16 because overtime is a thing.
Who do ya thank?
The 18/5 Roller Diety over here.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Is ranked just kills Burruni. Or is it like normal but you know ranked.
It's Splat Zones, which is basically King of the Hill with sizable chunks of the map.
For Urchin Underpass, it's basically the pit between both sides in the middle.
For Saltspray Rig, it's... that first rectangular rig on the high ground on the way up that's enclosed by the two long walls to the south and the sniper platforms to the north.

Edit: I don't know exactly how much of it you need in your ink for the count down to start going or any like true details about it, but it is a LOT more combat focused. 1 Roller, 2 Splattershots, 1 Charger seems like the best team. Bubbler and Inkstrike are the most devastating super weapons for it. Kraken and Bomb Rush are pretty good. The Echolocator and Bomb Rush are pretty poor. Killer Wail and Kraken... are more situational, but very combattive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom