• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia III - May 6th - Memphis, TN (Live Results Online! See Post #1 for details)

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
@Zane- I think we should do bi-weekly fests. These are ****ing cool by themselves and if you ask me they count as tournament experience because of the variety of people you get to play. Tournaments could be done if there is enough interest but they don't have to be expensive (maybe 5 bucks, enough to where even cheap *** McCloud won't complain) and they can be like 75/25 split for 1st and 2nd...just suggestions.
Hey how bout you back the **** up off me there buddy. :) I don't possess a job and I have more important obligations (track, prom, school, etc) that suck money away from my funds.

But if you want to help pay my 500 dollar bill for my stress fracture bone scan, then we're talking on a different level.

Hell if you want to pay for the 75 for my x-rays that'd be good too.

BTW I need 60 for prom tickets and around 100 for my tux.

Preciate the help bud.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
BTW I need 60 for prom tickets and around 100 for my tux.
Proms are gay :(.

Also, Mike is like, an honorary Tupeloopa. You guys might pick him up and take him here, but we picked him up, out of the way, and took him to Maryland O_o. We got dibs.

Screw the state thing though. Home and Away teams. MikeG would be on Home team though, since GA has attended this tourney a few times before.

Nite

Smash Champion
LivingLegend- I'm not sure how my brother would play you now. I thought that you were going to be coming to Lance's house before the pre-fest on Friday, so then he would have been able to play you. He won't be going to INN 3 because he doesn't play smash, so I don't know how you are going to mm him now.

Mookie- The Home and Away teams would be cool. How would a doubles crew battle work? Seems interesting and I think it could be fun.

Chamberlin- I think that the people on the Home team are the people that have been to a previous INNsomnia and everybody else are on the Away team.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
MookieRah said:
MikeG would be on Home team though, since GA has attended this tourney a few times before.
I dunno... GA still seems pretty **** "away" to me.

If the away team is limited to only those who've never been to Innsomnia before, who would that leave? Like mine and Exrach's crew vs. everyone else there? Sounds fair... :ohwell:

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yang- You need to hop down to my area, Im not that far from Germantown. I need someone to play besides McC. He is convinced my Fox>Falco, I must prove his theory wrong!

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
@McCloud- how's bout you mm me for $735, that will solve all your financial problems. Even though i don't think you personally pay for any of that stuff.
No I don't pay for it. I already told you I don't have a job. My *parents* pay for it. I don't know about your parents, but mine already have a ton of **** to deal with without having to fund my entrance into tournaments.

Like you know, getting out of debt.

edit ----- I totally missed the smiley. Sorry. That kind of pissed me off. :p

Hand - your Fox >>> your Falco. drop the falco.

Yang - I go to HHS, we needta hook up sometime, IM me or somethin.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
McCloud said:
No I don't pay for it. I already told you I don't have a job. My *parents* pay for it. I don't know about your parents, but mine already have a ton of **** to deal with without having to fund my entrance into tournaments.

Like you know, getting out of debt.
I've been working for two years since i turned 16 and can't remember the last thing that either one of my parents bought for me. You know all about that though. :ohwell: You're totally helping them get out of debt, btw.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Mankosuki said:
Florida Groups Comming:

Panhandle Manhandlers: Mankosuki, Boom Stick, Momo, Fumin, RAM, ROOK (maybe 1 more)

CFL: Exarch, Derf, LivingLedgend, and [unknown]

SFL: Doodah by himself?
No, he's not with me...

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Whee... I get to post now! (stupid busy day *grumbles*)

@Manko/FL guys...
Hmm, I have "John" and "Steve" from FL on the pre-reg list, I can change them to the right alias if someone confirms. I'm going to guess umm...

John - Momo
Steve - Fumin

Jiano - gonna go ahead and put you on the prereg list... whee!

ROFL @jc's "mm"

Doodah - wtf you coming alone?! get some SFL guys off their *** and ride w/ ya!

@the lance/mcc situation - Umm.. I'm 22 and I worked at the Inn for 9 years (date of hire 12/14/96) "legally".

@mcc Yes, Smash fest IS a social event. Unless you consider 50+ people gathered together because of a common hobby being unsocial :p Plus, prom ticket + date stuff (dinner, etc) + tux + misc = > than entry to INN III.

@exarch and whoever - what is double crew? I might've missed a post about this...

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
PrinceZane said:
@Manko/FL guys...
Hmm, I have "John" and "Steve" from FL on the pre-reg list, I can change them to the right alias if someone confirms. I'm going to guess umm...

John - Momo
Steve - Fumin

@exarch and whoever - what is double crew? I might've missed a post about this...
Yep, you guess correctly. :)

I assume it's a crew battle using 2-on-2. That's an interesting concept.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I think it was Manko who brought up the thing with the home and away, and how home would be considered those who have attended an INN before and away everyone else. Anyways, it's not just FL, it's also KS, Drephen and his peepz, Darkrain and his peepz, and all the stragglers from all over the place. There are MORE than enough GOOD players in those groups to make a solid crew of 10 peepz.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@ McC and Handorin -
Guys, I would love to get together with you two and my friend Fufu, and just play melee for hours. We dont need to wager money, just to play and have fun. ^^" But if you want to rob me of my money, thats fine too... T.T

Um, guys, just curious... where is all the pre-fest stuff going to be, and when? I would really love to show up.

Nite

Smash Champion
@Zane- Yea, I would guess that it would be just like a regular crew battle, but instead of it being 1v1, it would be 2v2.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Yang said:
@ McC and Handorin -
Guys, I would love to get together with you two and my friend Fufu, and just play melee for hours. We dont need to wager money, just to play and have fun. ^^" But if you want to rob me of my money, thats fine too... T.T

Um, guys, just curious... where is all the pre-fest stuff going to be, and when? I would really love to show up.
Pre-Fest is May 5th (the night before the tourney) from midnight - 4am, with the tourney being May 6th...

--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
Oh, doubles crew... gotcha... I couldn't decide if it would be like teams in a crew format or crews of 2 people, lol.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
PrinceZane said:
Pre-Fest is May 5th (the night before the tourney) from midnight - 4am, with the tourney being May 6th...
But where? Somebody's house, or where INN is? Either way, I would love to come, but I need to know where ^^.

Nite

Smash Champion
@Yang- The prefest on May 5th will be at the INN. I'm sure Zane will be able to tell you the address.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Yang said:
But where? Somebody's house, or where INN is? Either way, I would love to come, but I need to know where ^^.
Where? West Memphis, AR (about 10 minutes from downtown Memphis, TN) - At the Pizza Inn - 190 Shoppingway Blvd, West Memphis, AR 72301 (for mapquest, etc)

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
okay so, is this going to be home v away? i need to know because it'll determine who i play with.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'd rather we use our own crews so it's not just 2 big 10 man crews fighting eachother. but whatever...

Kurosaki Ichigo

Smash Apprentice
PrinceZane said:
@mcc Yes, Smash fest IS a social event. Unless you consider 50+ people gathered together because of a common hobby being unsocial :p Plus, prom ticket + date stuff (dinner, etc) + tux + misc = > than entry to INN III.
He has one hell of a point. Zane, you should take Mac under your tutelage. He could learn so much about financial stability from you. :D

Kurosaki Ichigo

Smash Apprentice
Dudes, we can just have crew tourny battles. They just have to be divided into even numbers and be in the simple bracket system like the one on the tournament mode on SSBM. o_O

The brackets should be just like that with the crew names underneathe. There should be seperate sheets of paper with the list of crew members on it. Sound like a simple enough system? There will have to be a nice minimum number for crews and not some outrageous nuber like 8 or 10. Something reasonable like 5 or even 6. There shouldn't really be any crews larger than that, right? And even if there are, I'm sure there are enough small groups that could just join each other.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
State crew is one thing, but the various Away people know nothing about eachother while all the home people do. How would we stratagize?!

My level of preference concerning crews:
Our own > State > Random > Home vs. Away

yeah, I'd rather do random than home vs away. At least that way it's actually crews instead of just some big 10 vs. 10 thing.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
What strategy do you need with Darkrain and Drephen on your team?

I don't mind normal crews, with just people in a crew already. We have the Tupeloopas, Run7, Bloodline, Darkrain's crew, KS dudes, and 2 sets of FL dudes.

The problem with the state crews is that not every state has enough people for a team, and if they don't have enough they will have to band with another group which defeats the purpose of state crews. Also, those who don't have enough members have the right to merge with any group possibly creating a power crew of top players.

Handorin

Smash Hero
*idea*
How bout we just have a normal crew battle? If Run7 and FL want to fight, let them; if Tupelo and FL want to fight, let them.
Normal stuff, no complicated crap.

Yang- Dont worry, I'm not out for money unless we are on a somewhat equal skill level and you want a MM.

Top Bottom