• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia III - May 6th - Memphis, TN (Live Results Online! See Post #1 for details)

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Nitemare said:
Aww, thanks guys. I'm loving those Bombsoldier references. Keep it up! :chuckle:
HAHAHA Everyone knows Link is the true Bombsoldier!!!! ^____~

Yeah. Only a few days left. This is going to be one pimp a$$ tournament. I cant freakin wait to play everyone. I have been playing and playing. ::unsheathes Master Sword::

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Nitemare is happy to be equal to BS, yay :p

Yes I did Mookie - but I took them down when the room stuff got crazy due I didn't want people going to the wrong place if we ended up moving it and such, I'm going to repost them today/tomorrow

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Full Update

This double post was intentional.... more information as to what's going on with the room.

Basically I talked to the GM and after conversation and such, he agreed to allow us to use the room we were originally in. It's supposed to hold 50'ish people. He also agreed to let us use the room they moved us to which holds about 30'ish. I think between those 2 rooms and the atrium/lobby, we should have plenty of space.

The 2 rooms are not connected. They are side by side, but not connected. I'm working on a plan to utilize this. I'm pretty sure I've got something worked out that should be able to flow smoothly.

I did find out we have a limit of Midnight for this. So probably around 11:00 we'll have to wrap things up. I'm going to talk to the Pizza Inn guy to see if we can move there if we're not finished with the tourney. I suspect if we're not finished by 11, it should be pretty close and us not need the building for a terribly long time. I don't see this being a problem with him, the biggest hassle would be relocating everyone.

As far as food and drink go - I've got 210 cans of various sodas, so if there's about 70 people, that would be good for about 3 cans each. For food, I've got about 24 coming. 24 pizzas * 12 slices per pizza / 4 slices per person = 72 people.

Pizzas will be simple - mostly just the most popular etc. If anyone is a vegetarian or something let me know so I can get something (due most of it will be various types of meat and plain cheese). Yes there will be choco-chip. ;)

Umm... I think that's it. If anyone has questions let me know

OH YEAH....

Since we now have a limit on when we have to be out... the tourney will be kicked off around 2:30, whether we're done setting up or not. JC has always been my right hand man with this since INN 1. Here's how things will work.

Here's the beginning of the schedule. I've got 2 plans going:

Plan 1 -
2:00 - Please start showing up that way we can get started with the setups.

2:30 - If setups are complete, I'll start taking cash for tourney. If they are not complete, I'll start taking cash for the tourney, and one of the organizers will take care of finishing the setup process. Organizers for this tourney, btw, are Aidite, JC, and myself.

3:00 - Kick off crews/mms/etc. When crews are finished we will immediately get the brackets for doubles posted and the RR pools for singles and start taking these out.

etc...

Plan 2 -

Plan 2 -
2:00 - I start taking money while setups are being taken care of.

2:30 - Registration will hopefully be done and we can have the brackets for doubles and pools for singles drawn and ready, while people are warming up.

3:00 - If doubles haven't started, they will take place now. (Basically the difference between this plan and the 1st is: start doubles/singles sooner to get them done since they are the meat of the tourney and do crews last - or - do crews to get them done (and also any mms etc while the crew battles are going) and then kick off doubles.

I'll go over everything in more detail at the tourney.

Woot INN 3... Woot...

Nite

Smash Champion
Good to hear Zane. I like Plan 2 better to be honest. For me, crew battles have always been a "If we have time thing", so I think that we should get doubles out of the way first, then RR and the brackets for singles. Crews would be fun, but I think doubles and singles would have more priority over that because we have a time limit.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
I say we get singles/doubles out of the way before we do crews. That's just my opinion though. :p

Also, I can eat about 3x the amount of those "normal" servings of pop and pizza...>_> I'll talk to you and see whats up about food/drink :D

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ill probally eat at least an entire pizza alone through out the tourny (Keyword is at least.) ;)

I agree with Nite, singles/doubles are god tier and must be finished first. Crews are fun afterward activities.

@Zane- For the room that holds 30ish you could do this. Hold all the food in there and put TVs more geared for friendlies/MMs. The room that holds 50ish can be where most if not all the serious stuff can be held. That way when semis and finals come around, a lot of people can watch.

Offtopic: omg @ Evolution

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
crews could go like this:
20 stock divded evenly (or most evenly) among 4-6 members.
set character, no set order.
each crew picks a person to go first (via circling a name on the crew sheet), and the first match is random (fd, ps, dl64). after that, the losing crew chooses which member to send in, and they get to pick the stage.
i'm thinking, either $30 or $50 per crew, or $5 or $10 per crew member, winner takes all.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
1. Does each crew get to see the list of who the other crew members are using?

2. Do you pick the starter person after seeing the list or before hand when making it?

chamberlin

Smash Ace
jcpwn said:
crews could go like this:
20 stock divded evenly (or most evenly) among 4-6 members.
QUOTE]

Say my crew(5 people) gives me 4 stock to play with and I play someone who was given 5 stock(4 member crew), how is that going to work with 2 different stocks at the start of a match? I don't think the game allows it.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
The other crew SDs until they reach the stock number they're supposed to have.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Mankosuki said:

2. Do you pick the starter person after seeing the list or before hand when making it?
1. Yes, but only the players currently fighting.
2. Before.

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
Mankosuki said:
yes.

Mankosuki said:
you pick your starter before you've looked at any other crew's sheet.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
So does that mean you're able to choose characters each time you fight a new crew? Like you could use Sheik against one crew, and Marth against another. Or do you pick your characters and have to use them thoughout the crew tourney?

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
i think i'll go with, you can change your sheet for each crew you fight (still without the knowledge of their players, beforehand)

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
it's not states, it's regular crews, the dudes you play with. we'll possibly allow trading of dudes or additions, details will be given at the tournament.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
@McCloud: If I remember right, aren't you skipping this for Houston's prom? If so, that's just wrong; if it's anything like the one from last year, you're in for a night of bad music, overcrowding, and probably a car wreck or 20 (assuming it's at the same country club as before).
Kind of late buddy, but yeah, I am. Because I'd rather spend time with my good friends rather than a room full of dudes for 8 hours. No offense to anyone.

I'm going to end this now and pm you with the rest of my response because I grow tired of people trying to pick a fight with me about prom.

----------

Yay for chocolate chip pizza. (thought I'd put that out there.)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
ihavespaceballs said:
Do any of you Memphis guys go to CBHS? Because I think having a small CBHS/MUS crew battle would be awesome.
Holy crap, that would be awesome. But uh... I think we would have you outnumbered (fufu, DjBungle, Wayland, and I are all going), so maybe just you vs. me or you and a partner vs. me and fufu.

But yeah, that would be awesome as hell.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Yang said:
Holy crap, that would be awesome. But uh... I think we would have you outnumbered (fufu, DjBungle, Wayland, and I are all going), so maybe just you vs. me or you and a partner vs. me and fufu.

But yeah, that would be awesome as hell.
Yeah, I was just hoping I could find at least two other guys for my side; maybe a 12 or 15 stock one. I have no way of finding out if any other Brother's boys post here, though. I'm going to start asking around with people I know who still go there, but at this late notice I doubt I'll have any luck.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
IMPORTANT UPDATE - EVERYONE READ ALL even though it's kind of long...

This post will be the first of the "Official" schedule for how things will be (The previous post with scheduling should be ignored - i'm about to edit it anyway, but for those that have already read/memorized it... forget it, this is how things are going to be targeted for)

1:00 - we are clear to start arriving. People bringing setups try to hit as close to 1 as possible (We cannot go to the room before 1 as the hotel has some kind of setup thing they have to do or some ****)... so between 1 - 1:30. Sign up for Singles/Doubles start.

1:30 - Setups will be long underway and hopefully basically done. Sign up for Singles/Doubles are still going through. Warm ups should already be going on.

2:00 - Doubles sign up is CLOSED. The Doubles brackets will begin to be drawn out. Singles registration is still open.

2:10'ish - I will begin formalities. I will go over the rules for singles/doubles (format, allowed/not allowed, etc ~ similar to the 1st post of the thread for those that might've forgotten and/or don't have the net and/or didn't read it...)

2:30 (hopefully if not sooner) - Doubles will be kicked off.

That's basically that. After that, things will just flow however they will flow.

NOTE - AND THIS IS IMPORTANT: On tourney day, if you plan on participating in the doubles tourney and are running late (due to traffic or whatever) you must call someone and let Me, Aidite, or JC know. I don't have a cell phone, JC's cell is (662) 213-0179 (Cingular), and Aidite's cell is (870) 219-5086 (Cingular).

Time/Pools/Crew Info:
After pondering, and looking at time constraints, I think this is the best plan. Crews will be done after singles/doubles are complete. The grand finale as they say. Since we have to be out of the hotel by Midnight, I'll be sutting the tourney down temporarily at 11:00 to get setups taken down and things organized. We will then be moving to the Pizza Inn (which is like... 2-3 miles away, very simple to get to) to finish up the tourney/crews. There will not be an additional fee for the Pizza Inn, yay! (Unless you just have too much money and want to leave the building a tip, I dunno...) With all this said, crews can be played out 2 ways (and a "way" won't be chosen until we're done with singles/doubles and verifying how much time we have, no prevoting on this, sorry :p). Option 1: Crews will be played, RR style, with the top 2 crew records battling for the pot. Option 2: Crews will be set up in a single elimination bracket and played out. With both options, crew pot will be winner takes all.

JC is in charge of Crew stuff. Talk to him or me if you have any questions/comments. Anything he knows I'll know, and vise versa.

Also, I mentioned Pools would be in this bit of the essay... Pools have been changed slightly. All rules are the same, except rounds are 3 stock instead of 4. This was changed for time constraints. The bracket will still be 4 stock. With the current number of people registered there will be 10 pools, top 3 advancing leaving a spot for 2 byes or ties.

About Food/Drinks:
Basically, I can't babysit everyone. Everyone will be on the honor system for food. You get 3 sodas, and 4 slices of pizza. There will be 1 train of food coming around 3, another around 7/8. Soda selection includes Coke, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Orange, and Grape (nothing diet, sorry). I'm going to try to arrange for a water kooler to be there as well. Since we are on limited supply of grub/soda, be polite and kosher. Don't be a douchebag and try to get away with grabbing 12 slices of food. That just makes 3 other people not get any. :( If you are caught being a greedy ***, it is possible you will be removed from tournament play and not refunded. I don't suspect this to be a problem, but this covers things "just in case".

Other Information:
Also, I wanted to emphasize that there can be NO ALCOHOL on the property, and NO SMOKING inside the building. There will be an atrium connected to the room that is outdoors that is set up for smokers. SMOKERS - please be curtious and use the trash cans provided for butts.

We want to make a good impression so INNsomnia IV can have a home. I talked to their GM and if all goes well, he is willing to work with us next time if we plan it right (being able to get rooms and a bigger meeting room, etc).

I think that is all for now, I'll post if there is more :)

INNsomnia III - The hottest thing in the world, besides grandmas.

<Edit>
P.S. I also highly suggest marking your equipment. Alot of people are bringing alot of things, so marking it would be good to keep things straight.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
It all sounds good. Zane, JC, etc are good at organizing. Way to go posting cell #s on the internet. It's risky on you guy's part, but it will really help get things going smoothly.

I'm been practicing A LOT. Although; so many of you have been practicing also, thus the bar has been raised. Hopefully I'll be able to give the super players a run for their money. ;)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Schweet. I don't mind 3 stock on the pools. We need to have competant people heading each pool though. There were a few pools that went all sorts of crazy and were less efficient with time than the others, but it was still a step up from the first INN. We need INN 3 to be another step up too :-P.

BTW, how many setups are we looking at? Will and I plan to bring 3 complete setups. Well we hope to. That is Theif brings a cube with him.

Theif, bring your cube with you so we can have 3 cubes.

I think that will get his attention :-P.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
PrinceZane said:
We will then be moving to the Pizza Inn (which is like... 2-3 miles away, very simple to get to) to finish up the tourney/crews.
Yes! I was hoping by the time that i got back to the forums this would catch on!

Hooray!

Don't forget about the bi-weeklies after the tournament!

OOOHHH!!!!! INN FTW

@oos- check your pms :)

Thief

Smash Journeyman
Mookie I was actually planning on seeing if, with me, you had room for a whole set up with me, or if you have 3 tvs but only 2 cubes, I can just bring a Cube.

jcpwn said:
it's not states, it's regular crews, the dudes you play with. we'll possibly allow trading of dudes or additions, details will be given at the tournament.
You should find a way that not only lets me play, but lets me play with people that aren't bad, haha.

Top Bottom