• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Just to annoy Zane and assert dominance over everyone elses opinion I shall bring back the Sonic vs Mario argument.

Lets access their abilities shall we:
Normally mario's only true ability is to jump high. With the aid of items he can throw fireballs, fly, turn into statues, swim fast in a frog suit, have a slow shell spin attack, grow REALLY huge, and shrink really small. Oh yeah, and the star.

Sonic normally has the ability to jump high, spin dash, he has this crazy slingshot thing in the air in Sonic Adventure (i hate the SA titles, but it's a nifty ability), has the ability to NOT die as long as he has at least one ring, and has a top speed of 500 mph. With powerups he can have an electric sheild that is magnetic, allows him to double jump, and negates electric attacks, he has a fire shield that allows him to become a fireball himself with a double jump AND negates fire attacks, and lastly, he has a water shield that allows him to bounce crazily, breathe under water, and negate water attacks. He also can go invincible similar to a star.

But wait, with the chaos emeralds Sonic can become Super Sonic, in which he is pretty much invincible and faster. That's not all though, with the super emeralds Sonic can become Hyper Sonic, in which he is even faster, has an INSANE jump height, can fly, can survive without aid in outer space, can take direct hits by METEORITES and it only just slows him down.

Ok, now lets debate. Who would ultimately win?

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Shadow would win. Because as i already said hes black!!! Darkness FTW!!! But if you want to see them fight now you can always go to newgrounds.com and there are a bunch a crappy flash animations of them fighting.

Nite

Smash Champion
Mookie- You gotta think about Brawl here. Sonic isn't going to have all of his nifty tricks and tools that he does in the game. He's not going to be insanely fast, Fox will probably still be faster. I think that Mario would win, personally. Nobody knows who would be better yet, so everybody has their opinions. Most of the time they aren't going to change anybody else's point of view about it though.

In conclusion, Falco > Sonic. So lets take off the dresses and end this little tea party. (Stained, :: moves hand up and down::)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Just to annoy Zane and assert dominance over everyone elses opinion I shall bring back the Sonic vs Mario argument.

has the ability to NOT die as long as he has at least one ring
Unless he falls down a cliff

water shield that allows him to bounce crazily, breathe under water, and negate water attacks
I don't know any 'water' attacks in SMB, but Mario has been able to swim underwater w/o drownding without the aid of power up.

Umm, what else. Mario can double jump (SMB 64), drive a car WHILE launching banana peels, turtle shells, <insert crazy random items here>, he can train extinct animals to be his friend, oh, now that I think about it... Mario can jump 50+ times in a row (Mario RPG on SNES).

I'm sleepy, I'll think later :p

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Let's look at the characters with and without the aid of items.

Without Items: Sonic can run in one direction really fast, and he has a rolling attack simlar to Jigglypuff's in Smash Bros. But, without his precious sneakers, Sonic's feet will fall off from the intense friction. He however doesn't have very much agility or control to his speed. Barebones Sonic is just a hegehog that can run really fast... Mario's a lot more stout. Mario starts off with a lot of strength(he lifts a lot of big heavy things in the game), and he's very intellegent(He's got a Medical PHD hidden somewhere). He can jump really high, ground pound, power-slide, and wall jump. In my opinion, Mario wins here.

With items: With the aid of Chaos Emeralds Sonic can be pretty vicious. His rings will allow him to take damage untill he runs out. He can double jump, sometimes fly, he's much tougher(doesn't get damaged by spikes and stuff like that), and if he's Hyper Sonic, he gets a devastating lightning attack. If I can recall, he can never be truly invincible, unless he can get it temporarily out of one of the boxes. If Mario were able have all his power-ups, he'd be freaking awesome. With just one super mushroom, he might be able to take Sonic(in any form). But, if not he can fly(in more than one way...), use pyrokenesis(fire flower), have temporary invincibility(starman), use a hammer(Mario RPG, Donkey, and swim with ease in the water(frog suit). He has other abilities, but these are some of the best. Mario has a few more tricks up his sleeve, and more overall strength/invulnerablility through the super mushroom.

In my opinion, Mario owns Sonic in just about every way, except for top speed.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I just wanna know what Zane's costume and the contest prize is gonna be... Why do you kill us with suspense Zane! If you show up in a Jigglypuff costume, I'll give you 10 bucks!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Been to 4/ [0 < x < 10] biweeklies.
Oh god, I just took the SAT this weekend, I dont EVER want to see THAT KIND OF WRITING on smashboards. :laugh: :laugh:

Anyways, looking like Milk and Cookies Inc ALPHA SQUAD (aka) Sailor Scouts (aka) Yang and DJ_BoonBuggy (aka) C. Falcon and Ganon/Samus and Falco!!! will be in costume at the halloweekly. McCloud and Handorin, TELL ME IF YOU CAN COME! WE CAN GIVE YOU A RIDE! We need to have like 4/5 peeps so we can get in a crew battle with either run7 or stfu crew.

And yes, I'm debating with myself about wearing sailor fuku to the biweekly. Skirts ftw.

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: IMPORTANT :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

I wanna get in a Jiggly ditto with you Zane at the halloweekly!
I really wanna get the crew battle with run7 that we had to postpone after ST2!! :)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I just realized I haven't pointed this out yet... Unless something mindbogglingly bad happens, I will be attending the Halloweekly. Can't wait to see everybody again, and I hope my short bout with retirement doesn't cause me to embarrass myself ^_^

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Are we still doing crew battle at the Halloweekly??? Run7 vs STFU vs M&C vs DML.

I don't know if we'll have time with the usual singles and doubles, not to mention the costume contest. But It would be really cool to do crew battles. STFU will probobly temporarily accept DML if they don't have enough members.

And hopefully the crew battles wouldn't be for money... Nite has enough as it is lol.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hell yea we're still on for the crew battles!!!
Er, at least Boon and I are. I still need word from Mack Loud and Hando. (btw Mack, you probably need to attend a biweekly sooner or later, might as well be this one :laugh: )

Free is fine with me, but I know that Run7 wanted to do a dollar per person at ST2.

@Chamb!! - Would you wanna MM at the Halloweekly? I know you beat me at a biweekly about a month ago, but this time I wont foolishly pick jigglypuff~! Whaddya say?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, contest at Boonville, MS = 2hr 30min drive from my house, on a bus and to school is probably a bit longer. We might get back around 1-2am. I dont want to hold you guys up waiting for me. ;)

Last contest at Austin Peay University (Nashville) we were supposed to get back at 2, but it ended up being 3 because they couldnt find one kid before we left and then we stopped for gas.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Singles and Doubles will go according to normal.

This Biweekly will be a little different, but still need to remember the goals at hand: Fundraiser and Fun!

So... I propose this:

Somehow we get more setups than last time. We can dedicate 1 tv to crew battles, and rest to tourney stuff...

OR... we can take care of crew battles first, and then just go balls to the walls for singles/doubles (i.e. no dead time, less friendlies).

This is up for discussion.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Dedicated tvs will probably be the solution. The only thing is that you have to be an ******* about getting matches going, people paying their money, and such.
Crew battles and doubles can be run at the same times maybe?

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Singles and Doubles will go according to normal.

This Biweekly will be a little different, but still need to remember the goals at hand: Fundraiser and Fun!

So... I propose this:

Somehow we get more setups than last time. We can dedicate 1 tv to crew battles, and rest to tourney stuff...

OR... we can take care of crew battles first, and then just go balls to the walls for singles/doubles (i.e. no dead time, less friendlies).

This is up for discussion.
Zane- I like the second option, 'cause I wanna be able to have fun and watch all of the crew battles. Crew battles first, then ballz to wallz.

Yang- I'm up for a money match. 5 bucks sound good?

Sandbox

Smash Cadet
McCloud - I dont know.... Now dont get me wrong Leon is a hard ***, but Snake has more experience in rough situations and come on zombies/mutated monsters vs. soldiers/Metal Gear.... tell me who wins that one.

I vote on the 1 TV for crews and the rest for tourny... that is if we bring enough TVs this time......

Handorin

Smash Hero
Holy Crapzorz!!!111oneone excellent news.

Found out boonville will start WAY early, so we will get back to the school at around 1030, which would be kick butt. Ill try asking if I can go now.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
yeah crew battles at same time as doubles i think.

what crews are battling i don't think anyone has challenged stfu.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Leon doesn't do overtime. Therefore he is a wuss.
I think if he would have done overtime he may have been doing some time.

Funny story:
I had a guy call me a *enter female reproductive organ* today because I played with Mario, this is at school. So I four stock him. End of story.(It editted out the real word. Blech.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom