• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ya, I talk to my dad about START. He doesnt have a problem with it, he just says I need to convince my mom I can drive. X_X

Dang Zane, that's a lot. By the time INNV hits, we will have a ton of pot to hand out.

Nite

Smash Champion
They are talking about START smashing, it's a tournament in Muscle Shoals Alabama. Not TOO far away from here, so we are considering going. It's also not too far from Georgia, so some of those cool dudes will be in attendance as well.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Noob question: What's START?
start  Pronunciation Key - [stahrt]

–verb (used without object)
1. to begin or set out, as on a journey or activity.
2. to appear or come suddenly into action, life, view, etc.; rise or issue suddenly forth.
3. to spring, move, or dart suddenly from a position or place: The rabbit started from the bush.
4. to be among the entrants in a race or the initial participants in a game or contest.
5. to give a sudden, involuntary jerk, jump, or twitch, as from a shock of surprise, alarm, or pain: The sudden clap of thunder caused everyone to start.
6. to protrude: eyes seeming to start from their sockets.
7. to spring, slip, or work loose from place or fastenings, as timbers or other structural parts.
–verb (used with object)
8. to set moving, going, or acting; to set in operation: to start an automobile; to start a fire.
9. to establish or found: to start a new business.
10. to begin work on: to start a book.
11. to enable or help (someone) set out on a journey, a career, or the like: The record started the young singer on the road to stardom.
12. to cause or choose to be an entrant in a game or contest: He started his ace pitcher in the crucial game.
13. to cause (an object) to work loose from place or fastenings.
14. to rouse (game) from its lair or covert; flush.
15. to draw or discharge (liquid or other contents) from a vessel or container; empty (a container).
16. Archaic. to cause to twitch, jump, or flinch involuntarily; startle.
–noun
17. a beginning of an action, journey, etc.
18. a signal to move, proceed, or begin, as on a course or in a race.
19. a place or time from which something begins.
20. the first part or beginning segment of anything: The start of the book was good but the last half was dull.
21. an instance of being a participant in a race or an initial participant in a game or contest: The horse won his first two starts.
22. a sudden, springing movement from a position.
23. a sudden, involuntary jerking movement of the body: to awake with a start.
24. a lead or advance of specified amount, as over competitors or pursuers.
25. the position or advantage of one who starts first: The youngest child should have the start over the rest.
26. a chance, opportunity, aid, or encouragement given to one starting on a course or career: The bride's parents gave the couple a start by buying them a house.
27. a spurt of activity.
28. a starting of parts from their place or fastenings in a structure.
29. the resulting break or opening.
30. an outburst or sally, as of emotion, wit, or fancy.
[Origin: bef. 1150; (v.) ME sterten to rush out, leap (c. MHG sterzen); r. OE styrtan (attested once), c. G stürzen; (n.) ME stert(e) sudden jerk, leap, deriv. of the v.]

—Synonyms 9. institute. 10. See begin. 17. commencement, onset. 23. twitch, jump.
—Antonyms 10. end, terminate.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Its not a drunk Link. Its a drunk SmashterLink playing Falco and destroying everyone of our(Run7 attending Akon) characters when he had been playing Falco for the equivalent of three days. Thats whats scary.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Ok, almost everyone ^^ I beat him with one stock left! I felt proud. Vodka shots + S.Link = Falco from hell. I think he could take Nite o.O

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Hey dudes, I didn't get the saturday off that i requested so i might not be able to go to the next bi-weekly anymore.

Somebody come burn down EB...
:( :( :( :( :( :(
I would man. But we have quite a few things that have to do with the Wii reserved there. HAHAHA Sucks though man about your work. It was fun to play you again yesterday though.

And next time I get drunk, i might try playing Link. It just takes too much concentration. HAHAHA Nite, money match...drunk falco vs sober falco. HAHAHA Just kidding!!!!

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Hey Chad, what's the name of the game that has this "King" guy you like so much in it? I need to try it out.

CO Brad- Your sig is scary...
It's called Cave Story, to answer a question not directed at me. It is where my signature is from. And it will stay up until I finish a certain part. Then I have a more light hearted one.

Nite

Smash Champion
Hahaha, SmashterLink beating me? Jk, skoot. Your falco isn't bad. I don't want to see it drunk though. Don't drink and fly!

Chad- Awesome sig, but Myztek is cooler than that gay dog lady. Lol.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Hey man Jenka is too fresh. She was the only one swole enough to...Whoops! Almost spoiled some of the story. Guess you have to beat the game to finish my sentence.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
So if I spill the beans on what the prize is you would drop the biweekly and bring your crew? We are going to post the prize closer to the date, we just want to make sure we can get our hands on one. But yeah, we dont want to get a lot of peoples hopes up and then not be able to hold our end if you know what I mean.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
So if I spill the beans on what the prize is you would drop the biweekly and bring your crew? We are going to post the prize closer to the date, we just want to make sure we can get our hands on one. But yeah, we dont want to get a lot of peoples hopes up and then not be able to hold our end if you know what I mean.
I'm guessing this was directed at me because of my post in the other thread. Well, i'd never miss an INN, and if I had the day off, i might be able to go down there and then drive back for the memphis tourney. But, knowing my schedule lately, i probably could never get a day off on a saturday. Raise the entry fees first of all, you'll get more volume that way anyways if the prize is larger.

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't know about that man, biweeklies rock socks. I couldn't do that to Zane.

Lance- PSU is awesome, I got it for PS2.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Our prize and entry fee is not linked on this one. Prizes are comming from sponcers and the school its self. Now we are planning on holding another one next semester and its seems you know a few things about these so I may have many questions for you. Now whats this about biweekly starting at midnight? Did I read that right? We dont sleep anyway but just wanting to make sure.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
i don't see the beebe tourny conflicting with Inn at all the beebe tourny starts at 1:00pm and will most likely end around 5:00pm or so. STFU doesn't even leave little rock until around 10:00pm so i think going to both is totally doable.

more vids sometime today!

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I bet your giving out a Wii early as a prize. If that's so I would be there...and kill all of my competition.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
all right some new vids are up mostly of my crew but some are chad kyo brad and ihsb so enjoy!

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
all right some new vids are up mostly of my crew but some are chad kyo brad and ihsb so enjoy!
Yay, worst matches I played all night >_< *no johns, I don't mean I was playing badly, I just mean worst results* Oh well, at least I have visible videos of my mistakes to learn from. Thanks BMW.

-Chad- said:
@BMW- The only thing I see recently uploaded is you vs lvl9
Things take a while to upload on Youtube, I give it 20 minutes 'til all are up for everyone.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
BMW-I have never heard of Skye and Tree due to me not noticing new people. But i hear they run with you and that they are brothers is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom