• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Insane King of the Twilight Realm-- Zant! Usurps a slot in SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
The below video has some screenshots of Zant in Hyrule Warriors. I know for a fact Agitha (the insect girl) and this Lana woman are playable, but do not know about Zant. Judging by the screenshots, though, he is definitely at least a boss at some point. I like how they incorporated the powers and tools he used in his boss fight in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I must say, I think he would make a very interesting main character; I was hoping he would appear in Hyrule Warriors in some form.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm not a Musou fan, but villains tends to be playable, right?

His blades, his gigantic form, this can be incorporated in a moveset well, I think.

Edit: Here is Zant's artwork.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
If he's playable I might have to get that game, and just so I know hyrule warriors is not canon right?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Just curious because I couldn't find it myself- but which part makes you think that?
This part:
"Dual-wielding scimitars is Zant’s style, allowing him to swing wildly about or dash with intent toward his enemies."

It sounds "playable" to me.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt he's playable but keep I still hope he was one of the coolest villains, until you know when you got to fight him and saw he's crazy. Maybe he will show up in the next zelda game.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Zant's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Confirmed playable in hyrule warriors :) oh and I support, he looks so cool!

andimidna

Smash Master
Man his attacks looked great! So hyped for Zant, Ghirahim, AND Ganondorf!

Hey guys, according to this list, how would Zant's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Well, in Twilight Princess he had multiple phases, and in these phases he switched from a Puppeteer to a Speedster by being a Trickster... so it's a combination.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Yay for Zant!
He's kind of a not very influential pick for Smash, but I want him (He's one of my favorite villains ever) so if you have a supporters list anywhere add me to it.
Anyway, regardless of his position in Smash him being playable in Hyrule Warriors is fantastic

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
When I saw Zant playable in Hyrule Warriors, I was a bit too happy.

Playable villains are really a great new for Zelda fans.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I actually think that sounds a lot cooler.
I do, too.

In fact, his name is technically pronounced Zanto in japanese. But for some reason, the English version got rid of the O and the French version replaced the Z with a X.

This doesn't change the fact that Xanto is cool, by the way.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Man, it seems like Hyrule Warriors is just trying to give Sakurai movesets for all of these amazing LoZ characters. I'm still rooting for Agitha over anyone else, but Zant is a close second. Darunia, Princess Zora (IDR the exact name), Ghirahim, Ganondorf, Fi and Lana look like they could just be fantastic additions to the Smash Bros. franchise.

...I'm not forgetting anyone there, am I?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I definitely support. He'd be awesome in Smash.
Man, it seems like Hyrule Warriors is just trying to give Sakurai movesets for all of these amazing LoZ characters. I'm still rooting for Agitha over anyone else, but Zant is a close second. Darunia, Princess Zora (IDR the exact name), Ghirahim, Ganondorf, Fi and Lana look like they could just be fantastic additions to the Smash Bros. franchise.

The Zora Princess is named Ruto.

andimidna

Smash Master
When is the website going to update? I want to upload all dat HD Zant here.

Fi is deconfirmed
And I'm pretty sure the ones you're forgetting about are Cia and her crew :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom