• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Insomniac" NYC's first Brawl+ crew!!! ~OFFICIAL crew thread~

GuruKid

Smash Ace
It's really hard to see what the tier list for this game is gonna be like:

Off the top of my head and in my personal experience, top characters would be (in no particular order except MK first):

MK
Fox
Snake
G&W
Squirtle
Luigi
Falcon

Mad characters are viable though and can definitely compete in tournaments; that's what makes this game so appealing IMO.

That aside, when's our next fest? I wanna test out some new stage changes; Skyworld may actually be legit now. :)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
umm...Dude Fox ***** MK up the butt. Snake isn't even top five.

IMO (no order, but mk isn't the best)

Fox
Falco
Squirtle
Luigi
MK

Every build buffs falcon so I wouldn't be surprised if he's top tier eventually.

Cia

das kwl
ok.. i'm just gonna say it. I think Falco blows.

I'm thinking

GaW / MK
Fox / Marth
Squirtle
ZSS
Snake
Jigglypuff
Dedede

High (in no specific order)

Wario
Olimar
Pikachu
Diddy
Luigi
Peach
Falco
Sheik
Ice Climbers
Toon Link

Mid (in no specific order)
Ivysaur
Lucario
R.O.B
Sonic - think he could move really high tho.
Ike
Charizard
Zelda
Lucas
Kirby
Pit
Ness
Bowser
Wolf
Samus

Low
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Mario
Link

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
ok.. i'm just gonna say it. I think Falco blows.

I'm thinking

GaW / MK
Fox / Marth
Squirtle
ZSS
Snake
Jigglypuff
Dedede

Wario
Olimar
Pikachu
Diddy
Luigi
Peach
Falco
Sheik
Ice Climbers
Toon Link

Ivysaur
Lucario
R.O.B
Ike
Charizard
Zelda
Lucas
Kirby
Pit
Ness
Bowser
Wolf
Samus

Low
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Mario
Link

Vanz...is captain falcon not in the game anymore? :(

supposedly ness is top tier.

Squritleknight

everyone else
squirtle's gonna be overrated soon.

Cia

das kwl
oh.. Captain Falcon is high.. lol

and Squirtle may move down a little, but not much. He's a Jigglypuff type character, but with Sheik's learning curve. So ATM, he's ridiculous.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
umm...Dude Fox ***** MK up the butt. Snake isn't even top five.

IMO (no order, but mk isn't the best)

Fox
Falco
Squirtle
Luigi
MK

Every build buffs falcon so I wouldn't be surprised if he's top tier eventually.
ehh... Fox is definitely up there, but not above MK IMO. Snake is also up there, if not top 5 then directly behind them. He plays exactly like regular Brawl... and it still works superbly.

Falco is... high tier, at best.

Squirtle is just a badass ninja turtle. :) But he's also a bit overrated. He's a top contender of course, but by no means the absolute best.

I think I can have a fest this sunday. Tell me who could come.
Party at Glick's. This Sunday. I'm down.

Cia

das kwl
.. god****it

Half-***** Tier list v1.2 (Now Including Falcon and DK!!)

GaW / MK
Fox / Marth
Squirtle
ZSS
Snake
Jigglypuff
Dedede

Wario
Olimar
Pikachu
Diddy
Luigi
Falcon
Peach
Falco
Sheik
Ice Climbers
Toon Link

Donkey Kong
Ivysaur
Lucario
R.O.B
Ike
Charizard
Zelda
Lucas
Kirby
Pit
Ness
Bowser
Wolf
Samus

Low
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Mario
Link

Thoughts?

Glick

Smash Lord
OK so if I have a fest tomorrow. Who could come?

Guru.

Is that all? LOL

Also: DDD isn't top >.>
umad cuz I was being gay with him LOL

Edit:
Ganondorf isn't Bottom >.>

SAMUS ISN'T LOW LOL

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
hi im new to the smash community and I hear there's smashfest every now and then. I also hear that glick guy has a pretty hot sister, so ill be interested in playing you guys sometime!

GuruKid

Smash Ace
lol at Skip. Angry face at Glick. Facepalm at Neko; Flat Zone 2 is beyond help. :-(

On a happier note, I finally got to play Yes at Blackanese's tournament in Gametable. Matches were fuggin awesome. Ref also tried the game for the first time and fell in love with the new Ness. Saved a bunch of replays between many peeps who tried and liked the game (got some legit matches on the new Sexy Skyworld too); should be up within the week).

Cia

das kwl
Also: DDD isn't top >.>
umad cuz I was being gay with him LOL
Dedede is unbelievably lagless, Raaape grab range and grab combos. He's heavy, and Bair's priority is off the charts. He's either the just barely in top tier, or top of high. (IMO)

and Samus is in mid.

also, Mario blows. His priority is amongst the lamest i've ever seen. i would need some serious convincing for me to feel any differently.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Been super busy with school sorry for the mia but **** gets crazy when you're super behind in everything.

Guys LOLOLOL Watch me run around the lunchroom interviewing random people.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=44D9EBE64FA07BE5

LMAO @ Vanz on Mario.

Interesting how you forgot about your mom's bday Glick.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

We need BRAWL + clips for the promo vid for Apex 2. Save those replays!! And don't pull a D1 and save every single match...NOBODY is gonna watch 300 f*cking matches. Save ELITE **** only jesus christ. I'm gonna be the one doing the editing and I don't wanna have to look at boring matches again. I'm almost done with the Brawl vid....woot

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
DDD probably has alot of bad matchups though >.>

edit: also....ny + yes vs anyone in crews at btl2? guru and blacka approve so far :D

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone give me a summary of how much I'll need to save in order to go to BtL2? I really wanna go to a tourney and I have about 30 bucks saved

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Yeah I'd agree with DDD at high. I could see him placing well in tournaments. Mario? He's "meh". Not viable material to me.

Can anyone give me a summary of how much I'll need to save in order to go to BtL2? I really wanna go to a tourney and I have about 30 bucks saved
Tournament: 30 (10 venue, 10 singles, 10 per teammate for doubles)

Bus tickets: about 30 round trip (if we reserve BoltBus tickets in advance, we'll get them considerably cheaper, maybe 20 round trip).

Philly local subway: 2.90 round trip

Food: 10 - 15

so it'll run about 75 - 80 ducks. Get those BBall MMs going, Skip!

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
Tournament: 30 (10 venue, 10 singles, 10 per teammate for doubles)

Bus tickets: about 30 round trip (if we reserve BoltBus tickets in advance, we'll get them considerably cheaper, maybe 20 round trip).

Philly local subway: 2.90 round trip

Food: 10 - 15

so it'll run about 75 - 80 ducks. Get those BBall MMs going, Skip!
I don't play ball in the cold. My hands get all funny feeling and I cant dribble right because I can't feel the ball in my hand. I'll just save up what I can.. It's a month away I should have enough for it by then.

edit: my sig, FML. i want the whole thing to show..
http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/falcon-db1.jpg

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I have some videos from our last smashfest. I have some time right now so i'll upload a few
Edit out the good moments that you feel represent Brawl+ the best if you can...no point in whole vids, just the sections.

BTW that's some pro photoshop Skip. LOL Good sh*t

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Silven Rage Quit on Brinstar ftw.

@VaNz: Just because Mario has low priority doesnt mean he can't **** yo **** up. He's got advantages on a few characters and goes even with a handful imo.

He's got so many different ways to play him, he can adapt to a lot of situations.

Cia

das kwl
He's got advantages on a few characters and goes even with a handful imo.

Please elaborate. I can out range mario with sonic. The only way I could see mario winning is if the player is significantly better than their opponent. But that could be said for the other crap characters =/

Glick

Smash Lord
Silven. I upload sets anyway just for people to watch. If you want good clips that's a whole nother story. as you probably know I have a CRAP load of footage on my computer. IM me and i'll sift through it in your presence and send you parts of them. I don't really feel like sitting here for hours creating a zip of EPICIMO moments. I rather talk to you more about in depth.

Here's the set I uploaded
I only have 4 clips on my wii (You guys fail at saving stuff)
3 of them was a set between me and guru and the other was a video of silven rage quiting on brinstar LOL.

1,2,3 in order (the 3rds ending has silven rage quiting attached LOL)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1K2C_PqN0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuMww0VDPb8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XlQicoeHWs

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
@VaNz: Just because Mario has low priority doesnt mean he can't **** yo **** up. He's got advantages on a few characters and goes even with a handful imo.

He's got so many different ways to play him, he can adapt to a lot of situations.
Unless your name is Boss, Mario is bottom tier.

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
nobody saves it when skip does epic ****. :( only when skip is ***** is it saved. shenaniganzzz

random but.. I think you guys should try making individual combo videos. that'd be real smooth.

also since im black do I have the right to be offended by jceasars picture and kick his *** next tournament?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Haha some of my best friends are black. Don't take it too seriously. Heritage not hate :)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Hey so I don't get how DDD can be high/top tier. Him being fat as hell = combo meat. He's not too fast so fox/falco could camp the crap out of him. His recovery is pretty bad too. Sure he can combo, but so can everyone else (besides the low tiers lol).

Glick

Smash Lord
His recovery is actually pretty good. His up b is punishable but he as like 10000 jumps. and if he does an aerial while jump recovering it's pretty hard to knock his flow.

He's combos can be pretty obscene for a heavy weight. And he may be combo meat but he's heavy and he has a good recovery. He lives till really high percents so the trade off makes him a pretty average character in that department. He can combo into fair. which is a crazy move and it sends people horizontal. which can set up for gimps if it doesn't kill. He moves really fast(his run is decent and his jumps are quick) and his dair is crazy good and is lagless. Most of his moves are lagless. including his fair which is a big killing move.

Also grab range, and he has a projectile that blocks lasers.

Plus his crouch is hilarious.

He's high tier. good character overall.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
His recovery is actually pretty good. His up b is punishable but he as like 10000 jumps. and if he does an aerial while jump recovering it's pretty hard to knock his flow.

He's combos can be pretty obscene for a heavy weight. And he may be combo meat but he's heavy and he has a good recovery. He lives till really high percents so the trade off makes him a pretty average character in that department. He can combo into fair. which is a crazy move and it sends people horizontal. which can set up for gimps if it doesn't kill. He moves really fast(his run is decent and his jumps are quick) and his dair is crazy good and is lagless. Most of his moves are lagless. including his fair which is a big killing move.

Also grab range, and he has a projectile that blocks lasers.

Plus his crouch is hilarious.

He's high tier. good character overall.

That sure adds to his viability as a character Glick lol. Anyway about the footage I'll just pick and choose from what I know are good matches...btw how do you think I feel when I have to look through hours of boring matches that were supposed to be "good". Thanks to people saving every other match. ***cough* D1 :ohwell:

Cia

das kwl
Hey so I don't get how DDD can be high/top tier. Him being fat as hell = combo meat. He's not too fast so fox/falco could camp the crap out of him. His recovery is pretty bad too. Sure he can combo, but so can everyone else (besides the low tiers lol).
Everything you just said can also be said about snake. Is he not high/top tier? Also, play my or Glick's Dedede. All I can say is that I base my dedede off my melee sheik. you can take that anyway you like.

:colorful:

Oh, and I could be wrong, But I think Falco's Short hop single laser camp will do nothing to Dedede. With all those jumps, it's like trying to laser camp puff.

Top Bottom