• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant 4th Hit Dancing Blade. Someone lab this.

Leyvaten

Smash Rookie
NNID
LeyoftheDay
3DS FC
0877-1405-7637
Okay, I was messing around with 20XX today and this happened:

https://gfycat.com/SeriousScentedBrocketdeer

This happened when I used the R + DPad Down command on 20XX version 3.02 (Old, right?) which was originally intended to make Fox do an instant Shine OOS. However, when used with Marth, it makes him perform the 4th hit of Forward Dancing Blade out of shield, completely skipping the first 3 hits.

If this is legit, then Marth has another killing option. If not, then better luck next time.

Here is the info I have and I hope it is put to good use:
I am using the 3.02 version of the 20XX training hack pack.
I am using the In-game code toggle R + DPad Down.
It does not matter what mode (Master or Develop) for the "glitch" to take place.
The computer always performs the forward iteration of Dancing Blade. No clue whether this can be altered or not.
When using develop mode Y + DPad down, here are the values that appear:
1st Forward Dancing Blade (FDB): 349 303
2nd FDB: 351 305
3rd FDB: 353 307
4th FDB: 356 310

When the CPU performs the Instant 4th hit, this sequence of values appears:
GuardOff 0.00
KneeBend 1.00
KneeBend 2.00
KneeBend3.00
356 310 (4th hit of DB) 1.00

When attempting to replicate the action using frame advance, Marth performs the 1st hit of Dancing Blade airborne.

Fox's Shine (Initial Hit): 360 313 (Assuming there is a correlation between them... there probably isn't. :p)

I hope that this is just an error due to 20XX, and it probably is. I would hate for something like this to have some super-complicated input that would ruin this thing's chances of being used in competitive play.

Also, I don't want to be that guy who found some mind-blowing new marth tech, 'cause that'd cause problems.

Last edited:

Leyvaten

Smash Rookie
NNID
LeyoftheDay
3DS FC
0877-1405-7637
No, I did provide that 360 313 is Fox's shine, so the dream is still partially alive. Depending on how Achilles wrote how fox does shine out of shield, it may be that 356 is the closest value to 360 that Marth has, so he uses that. I guess we need to know how the script was written and how the game reads it.

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Regardless, it's a 20XX glitch. It has to do with the fact that instead of the CPU Fox actually "inputting" the shine, he just changes action states. When it's Marth instead of Fox, the code messes up.

Leyvaten

Smash Rookie
NNID
LeyoftheDay
3DS FC
0877-1405-7637
I understand that it is a glitch. But I still have two questions:
1. How is the code function? It couldn't be just telling the game to "Hey, jump and shine out of your shield and wavedash down real fast," it would need to be a certain order of inputs, pressing jump and down and b and jump again and L and down again, rinse and repeat.
2. If the above statement is true, why would the game interpret the Down + B input as the 4th hit of side B?

I'm sorry about pressing for answers, but this really intrigues me and I don't have the resources or knowledge to test it myself.

ridemyboat

Smash Apprentice
I understand that it is a glitch. But I still have two questions:
1. How is the code function? It couldn't be just telling the game to "Hey, jump and shine out of your shield and wavedash down real fast," it would need to be a certain order of inputs, pressing jump and down and b and jump again and L and down again, rinse and repeat.
2. If the above statement is true, why would the game interpret the Down + B input as the 4th hit of side B?

I'm sorry about pressing for answers, but this really intrigues me and I don't have the resources or knowledge to test it myself.
What he's saying is that the code isn't performing inputs, it's directly setting action states on fox, and that when it sets fox action states on Marth, instead of marth doing a shine he does the side b.

Top Bottom