• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting and advanced strategy with Crash Bomb.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Alright, I don't even know if it's worth a mention, but here goes.

I was testing b boosted specials off the ledge, and tested Crash Bomb. It did get a boost forward, so then I did it again but b reversed it too. It sent him a little under the stage, and the crash bomb stuck right on the ledge of Omage battlefield.

At first, I though maybe this would be useful with edge guarding, but not by much.

Then, I got this idea: planting the bomb there to hit yourself. Why would anyone want to do this, you ask? Well, it allows you to chase enemies out a bit farther, and can be useful for a low recovering Villager. How does it play into this? Use your Rush Coil towards the ledge, you won't make it, UNLESS the bomb blows. Then, it renews your Coil, being the basis for this strategy.

So basically, b boosted and reversed Crash Bomb, chase enemy, Coil under the ledge, it blows up and renews your Coil. In combination with Metal Blade's eight directional throwing, this opens up his range a good deal.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
Too much work.

Just basically Down Air when edgeguarding for the Meteor.

if you want to make opponents not go to the ledge, plant a bomb on the ledge and stall a bit in the air until it explodes and hits enemy.

And also the combination Metal Blade > Crash Bomb works wonders as projectile combo. as they need the same amount of time to recharge

F-ric

Smash Cadet
That would be amazing if you can land it consistently but it is fairly risky.

I like using the crash bomb for tech chasing at long range, it can land you an easy stick and you can keep them shielding with metal blades and pellets.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I love the Crash Bomb; I know it's extremely situational if ever used, but so were many other ATs.

Top Bottom