• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting Anti-edge-hang.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Against players that like to use ledge hopped aerials to get back up, or just like to hang there too long, face away from the stage (or RAR) a neutral air at them on the edge, timing it about 1/3 of a second after they grab, and fast fall it. If for any reason they give up their invulnerability you will hit them with the n-air, and if they use their roll up or stand up you can get them with a rising f-air or magnet depending on < or > 100% and your timing. If you mess up a rising f-air will stagespike them unless they move in which case you can usually hunt them down with a magnet.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
i found it easy to understand, but let me reword it some.

If somebody's hanging on the edge and you're still on the stage near the edge, short hop a nair and fast fall it down over the edge, and if they try to attack/jump/roll/getup from the position they get hit by the higher part, and if they stay there, their invincibility frames run out and get hit anyways.
And if they do time it well enough not to get hit, you can use your second jump and get the fair off.

I would say you face backwards when you do it so you can tie the attack into a secondjump-dair and still recover with your rope snake since your midair jump will have been expended.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Okay, I got it down in list form.

Requirements:
-Opponent is hanging onto the ledge

Execution:
-Run towards the ledge
-SH RAR just over the ledge
-Fast Fall Nair
-Jump back up and...
-Hit them with a Fair if they're under 100%*
OR
-Hit them with a Magnet if they're over 100%*

*This is due to ledge recovery times changing depending on if you're above or below 100% damage. The 2 attacks are interchangable though, and mostly are reccomended for ease of timing.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Honestly, I don't recommend RARing it, it makes it super obvious. Just look like you're trying to space their wakeup and back up then hit them up with some ****.

Natch has got it covered pretty well, otherwise. The f-air is obviously not guaranteed on rising but makes your day safer and gives them an interesting gamble.

Fredd

Smash Apprentice

Do you want to fall directly vertical or can we add some horizontal distance as well?

Top Bottom