• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Intimikill 2 videos (feat. Iori, Arc, Darkrain, Spaceballs, and more)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We just don't like putting our videos out there lol and even if we do, half the time we're not "technical" or flashy enough for people to pay any attention lol Boomstick was about as technical as we can get in combat <.<

But East and West Coast really need to come here rather than fly over us and to each other...

Handorin

Smash Hero
dunno why people say this, everyone knows it's never gonna happen
FC, E52, SMYM

Crap, all midwest.

At least South had INNsomnia for awhile. >_>

Oh wait, Tipped Off and TGMTSBCO were in GA.

Sounds like we just need more of them now. xD

HugS™

Smash Lord
HUGS what do you thing of IHSB? most entertaining samus i ever watched

and dont worry i have never heard of him either untill i saw his combo video not too long ago
I think he's very impressive and is easily the 2nd best samus out there right now. I also feel that he could give me a run for my money if he cleaned his style up a little bit. But then that would defeat the purpose of his style, which is meant to be one big, beautiful mess.

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
Imho it's hard to be technical in higher pressure situation like finals etc. if there's not a big tourney scene in the area.

Technical characters just get rocked if you stop playing safe. Bring back MOAST yo

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
I think he's very impressive and is easily the 2nd best samus out there right now. I also feel that he could give me a run for my money if he cleaned his style up a little bit. But then that would defeat the purpose of his style, which is meant to be one big, beautiful mess.
quoting epic post

PB&J

Smash Hero
good stuff iori..im happy your getting your shine..wait u always do good..good stuff

and good stuff arc iori's shiek is his best character in my opinion..i remember back in 07 ****** people

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
When can you two ditto each other.

**** Samus dittos are boring but MAD HYPE.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
There's no middle ground with Samus is there?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
Imho it's hard to be technical in higher pressure situation like finals etc. if there's not a big tourney scene in the area.

Technical characters just get rocked if you stop playing safe. Bring back MOAST yo
if anything it's the opposite. tech skill = muscle memory

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
But East and West Coast really need to come here rather than fly over us and to each other...
dunno why people say this, everyone knows it's never gonna happen
all midwest.
At least South had INNsomnia for awhile. >_>
MOAST dallas scene needs to revive it. especially with darkrain there. it would be glorious.

btw, hazy, what hardware/software/settings do you use to record?
gamebridge AVC 1400. it records in whack format, requires some splitters for hardware, and has silly laggy software, but i found it on slickdeals a few years ago for 15 bucks after shipping. can't turn that down.

D

Deleted member

spaceballs is the opposite of hugo in style but both have good reads

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
gamebridge AVC 1400. it records in whack format, requires some splitters for hardware, and has silly laggy software, but i found it on slickdeals a few years ago for 15 bucks after shipping. can't turn that down.
i also use the Gamebridge to record haha. do you use the crappy Intervideo Home Theater to record or some other program?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
oh wow

i just downloaded obtained a copy of Pinnacle Studio and use that to record along with VirtualDub for some random video nonsense

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I also use gamebridge. Its ok, but the picture is a little blurry, not anything that detracts from watching tho.

Also file sizes are huge in MPEG :(

Anybody know another program you can use other than interwin home video garbage to record. I couldnt use it in VLC.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i record in mpeg (no problem, it's a lot of data but it shouldn't be out of the question to record like 10 straight hours. if it is, get an external and clear that shiz out :D) and convert using STOIK. takes a while but gets the job done for free with no lame watermarks

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@tai, thanks. Ill try that shiz out.

@hazygoose - oh yea no doubt, just let that ***** run and clear out the garbage. is that the name of the converter or does it stand for something, cuz I need a video converter.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
this just in:

you CAN record with a Gamebridge using VirtualDub

however, based on what I can tell, you're gonna have to say goodbye to audio. So you better have some sort of music or commentary or something to put over the video.

Open virtualdub, file > capture AVI

COMPRESSION: For some reason, almost no video compressors work for VirtualDub capture with Gamebridge except XviD. Download XviD if you don't have it, and use that to compress. Use either single pass or Two-pass (second pass) and click on the "Target quantizer" button and it'll turn into "Target bitrate" and stick in whatever you want (I recommend about 2,500 - 4,000 kbps) and then do whatever you want for the rest.

Also, to record, you'll have to press "File > Set capture file" in the AVI capture window. Then just hit "Capture > Capture video" to start recording, and Stop capture to stop.

I don't really care for messing around with all the audio settings, cuz I tried a handful and the audio would work for a few seconds and die out later anyway.

Conclusion: I'm still going to use Pinnacle to record just because I'm more used to it and because I can, but VirtualDub is a nice, free alternative. Also, it's nice to be able to have a full-screen preview of the video if you're at a tourney and want to display the match on the computer screen, as well. If I ever end up recording at a tourney again, I might use VirtualDub just because of this

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Lol I also downloaded obtained a copy of Pinnacle Studio. Im thinking about remaking my combo video for practice and to do something cooler with music, and actually sync. It would be shorter and Id prob add a new clip or two.

Does Pinnacle work fine with gamebridge for video/audio?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
uhhh

sorta

it records them just fine

i prefer how the video looks when i record into DivX AVI files, but when I record them this way, the audio is off-sync by about 850 milliseconds, which can be fixed by sticking the video into VirtualDub and offsetting the audio by..... -850 milliseconds.

Top Bottom