• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Into The New World :: Generation V Competitive Metagame Discussion

Gates

Banned via Warnings
ALSO KYUREM-B IS CURRENTLY BEING TESTED FOR OU YEP OKAY SMOGON
But that's ok because it only has 2 moves.

Once the next set of pokemon games comes out and they give it Ice Punch through move tutors, then it'll be Uber.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Once the next set of pokemon games comes out and they give it Ice Punch through move tutors, then it'll be Uber.
Ice Punch is already a move tutor.
Kyurem isn't ever getting Ice Punch, apparently.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Just because he didn't get it now doesn't mean he's never going to get it.

Or maybe it does.

idk.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I didnt know what a Kyurem-B was so i had to look it up. It doesnt need multiple moves. You put a choice item on it, and you use Outrage and everything dies because you have 170 base attack. Seems legit, way less broken than Garchomp.
This is what everyone said about Haxorus.

This is hella stronger and can run Mix if it has to though, I guess.

So far it's been underwhelming due to its crippling weakness to priority and SR, though. But maybe someone will find some other set that makes it ****ing stupid (which is what I expect to happen)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Even if it takes people years to figure it out, like with Specs Latias or whatever, I don't think Kyurem is a good fit for OU without bringing down other Ubers as well. If Kyurem doesn't dominate in the suspect testing, it will when people eventually learn how to use him.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It does if it doesn't carry HP Fire.

Also Wave Excadrill, Thundy-I, and Deo-S are all other nice Ubers that would be great to bring down alongside Kyu-B :3

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Remember when Darkrai and Manaphy were OU?

Good times.

And by good times I mean it was why I quit OU for a long time.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Remember when Darkrai and Manaphy were OU?

Good times.

And by good times I mean it was why I quit OU for a long time.
Man, you really couldn't handle the three weeks before they were banned?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Can i talk about nu and ru here?

(Going to assume i can)

Been awhile since i had played, and i was surprised to see some of the pokes in nu like braivery. Shocked he isn't ru.

Also i have an issue that I want to get back into playing po but i have a 6 year old mac and i dont believe the newest version is supported by my old old comp

:phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Use Pokemon Showdown instead. As long as you use not internet explorer, your computer should be able to handle it.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
How popular is pokemon showdown? B/c i like the lower tiers more and unless their r a decent amount of players u mostly only find ou players.

But thank you for the suggestion i will definitely look into it

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
There are 650 users on at its most off-peak hours.

God knows how many at peak times.

They're about even in popularity.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
tried it out my comp cant run it lol. and i was using firefox btw. anyway thanks for the suggestion but it seems i am going to have to wait till i get a new comp

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
You should try running it in Chrome, it's natively designed for that browser. Idk what differences there would be from running the web client vs. the Chrome extension, but it's worth a shot anyway, since there are a lot of lower tier players there too

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I was about to suggest Chrome too, but it appears I've been beaten to it.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Maybe i will try chrome (might just wait till i get a new comp). Anyway when i tried to download and run pokemon showdown it siad my comp can run it. When i tried to just play online i could create a team and see the chat but when i tried to get into a battle it would never get past the click to join screen.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ok well i'm finally trying out the bw2 metagame

lol my ninetales/lilligant/cloyster offensive core still works. able to fight all weathers and support sweepers like volcarona

im using chansey for the first time and damn its freaking good. most reliable thunder wave ever

nothing is really too surprising, just getting used to the therians. i'm happy that tornadus-t is good now, too bad its SO UGLY!!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haven't fought it yet

maybe i'd get whooped tho

my first reaction might be to send out volcarona against it

still not used to seeing technilooms in ou because i stopped playing before a big batch of DW pokemon were released

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
volc is probably THE best offensive switch-in to techniloom. no worries there unless they're being gimmicky and hit you with Rock Tomb on the switch. Burn chance is fantastic, and even the bulky volc set outspeeds adamant loom.

sigh...if rampardos had like 10 more base speed, he'd be the best stallbreaker in the world (cuz he could actually outspeed ttar and all the defensive pokemon that sit around there). IF ONLY

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Can Latias can OHKO without Specs? Honkulator and luungoc calculators' websites aren't working for me.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Can Latias can OHKO without Specs? Honkulator and luungoc calculators' websites aren't working for me.
You're asking if a base 90 power STAB attack off a SpA stat of 318 can OHKO a pokemon with base 60/60 special defenses?

I don't have the algorithms memorized, but I'm pretty sure it can.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
I've been doing some messing around on PS, and made a team completely made up of all 6 brawl pokemon.

And as it turns out, Ivysaur makes a Genuine Eviolite wall.

Imo he should be promoted out of NFE. At least into RU

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Considering RU has stuff like Entei, Moltres, Typhlosion, and Nidoqueen, I think NU is just fine for Ivysaur, he doesn't really need to be moved around.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
...umm, Latias?
I should've said bulkyVolc, but the idea's the same. Offensive Latias has a potential 2hko headed her way with Low Sweep+Bullet Seed, whereas bulkyVolc is never 3hko'ed by any move combination. Bulkier Latias usually rely solely on Dragon Pulse as their attacking move, meaning Loom can 3hko with Low Sweep+Bullet Seed while Dragon Pulse is only a 2hko. The x4 resist to grass is what matters here, as Bullet Seed is by far Breloom's most powerful weapon.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I cant believe kyurem b is legal in ou for po. I was at a friends and we built a team around it, its stupid how good it is

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's actually being tested in Smogon OU right now... from the looks of it it's going to be legal.

It's really not great compared to stuff like Mence/DNite/Chomp, amazingly enough.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Idk about that, i mean yes it has a sr weakness and its speed is only 95 but besides that its kinda crazy. The team we made tries to spread around some para and then we normally save him till the end. Are team isn't even perfect yet but it shows a lot of potential. (I believe we need to replace one of are spc attackers with another pys attacker who resists or can take a hit from certain types) (not going into to much detail to spare u)

Edit: i think it might be to good but its centralises a team, so pretty much u cant just throw him onto a team the team needs to be built around him imo

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The problem is 7 or 8 base speed is worth about 100 base points distributed anywhere else when you're hovering around 100 speed.

That's why 95 speed especially lets him down. Then his lack of a movepool.... and ****ty typing comes next after that.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I dont feel his movepool is a problem at all, he has dragon, electric, shadow claw, and a base 120 spc attack were i put focus blast which takes care of ferro walls. But i do understand why his speed could be his downfall, but thats why i said he needs a team built around him like something to spread para or as an odd thought tornadus using prankster tailwind b4 he dies. Also i would say a spinner would be needed as well. Of course a hail team could also work for him.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Shadow Claw doesn't even hit anything worthwhile.

Focus Blast is a terrible option to have to resort to on a physical sweeper for extremely obvious reasons. Ice Beam is even better to run in the Open slot. Sub Hone Claws even fits the last 2 spots better.

He's by no means subpar, but Garchomp is a hell of a lot scarier because he can actually outspeed things and get +2 attack. DNite has better bulk from Multiscale, and Mence has more speed. All three have much better movepools, and DNite/Mence have better ablities.

Still is a ****ton better than any other Dragon but those three, and it lives quite a good while and hits like a truck. It's good, but not Uber good.

Top Bottom