• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introduce yourself unknown players thread.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
I am ERayz, from Lachute, Québec, Canada

I main Falco and I use Fox as secondary

I played this game seriously since 2006, but foudn good players to play with only since Januray 2010, so I improved more in 5 months than I did in the last 3 years :laugh: I kept looking at Smashboards for my first two years, until I knew all the Advanced Techniques. Now I come here only sporadically.

I also played Perfect Dark and Goldeneye competitively on N64, which consisted mainly on speedrunning every level, on each difficulty. I was ranked 37th (worldwide) on Perfect Dark
when I retired.

My goal is to become at least the best player from EC Canada. I know it is going to be hard, since Kage, PKMvodka, Bam and Vwins are from there too :ohwell: . I'll do my best to be known worldwide ASAP, even if this is next to impossible.

But I keep believing in my goals, and in myself, even if I sometimes tend to be emo when I get 4 stocked by those I mentionned, and I often lack confidence in myself, which kind of keep me from improving faster .I still improve very quickly IMO. I personally think that I am a very technical player, sometimes I feel like there's nothing I cannot do, when it's about tech skills, of course there are still many things I can't do.

I never attended to a tournament yet, but I plan on getting to the next tournament in Quebec province. I went to 1 smashfest, and it was like the best thing ever! I loved playing many new players, so I guess a tournament is just pure awesomeness.

strawhats

Smash Master
hehehehe...my tag name is Strawhats (not Strawhats Dahean)

I main marth. I also use Sheik, fox (mediocre *** fox lol), falcon, and mario.
you all probably know my name on the boards( de to me being associated or confused with Euro pro Strawhat Dahean) or have seen me post somewhere the last year and change (going on 2 yrs. woohoo).

I've actually been playing melee since '05 but never learned about the competitve aspect of melee until early '06. I learned about smashbords through a friend of mine who no longer plays smash. I've recently played 2 guys who r active Nintendo World goers (these guys played with Bum and Cort (4 the lyfe of me I cant remeber their names) anywho thats as much high level competiton i've gotten in yrs.

My aspirations (goals) is to **** everyone in sight lol (**** you mango 4 saying **** too much). I'm a free spirit at times but I believe i can do anything once i set my mind to something. My inspiration came from the Three Sages of Marth (Ken, M2K, and Azen). However my greatest inspiration came from the Robot Jason Zimmerman from Cinnamonson. M2K's marth how could I describe it (So clean, graceful, smooth, efficient, near technically perfect in its prime). Even now I delude myself that I culd play like that or even better.

I know I;ve got a long ways to go but I wanna be one of the best even if it sounds near improbable verging on ridiculous (Im delusional just like my favorite anime character LUFFY). Hopefully my skills set will continue to uincrease as I continue my journey to being a great player. I'll get ****ed up by DJN, Jman, Hax and Vanz if I have to get better (Bronx pros FTW). I hope to play them soon actually. Although I wont be attending Apex 2 due to college expenses owever I do hope to go to Cataclysm V in Oct due to it being the closest tourney for me to attend (I'll be attending University in Fairfield, CT) starting in Sept.

I guess it smashfests for me for now...the first melee vids I watched were those of Forward vs. Taj ( Falco vs. M2)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Im Mango and i **** at super smash brothers melee

add me on facebook and i probably wont accept it

because ima jerk

RATED

Smash Lord
I'm Rated, I picked melee in 2007 but I started to play it at tourneys like 8 months ago I main Jigglypuff and 2nd Marth. I am from Puerto Rico, I am more of a brawl player and I been playing it competitively since its release.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I'm VGmastah. I started off maining Mario because the instruction manual says he's "well-rounded", but found it easier to land kills as Doc. Initally, I was inspired by CaptainJack for showing me how to land some kill moves, then Bobmoney for edgeguarding/chaingrabbing spacies, then SmashMac for all the crazy speed and mindgames. Plus Doc's a fun character for me to use. Turning people around out of their UpBs with the cape is hilarious for me. And I really just like skating around the stages with his wavedashes/wavelandings.

I also second Ganondorf; he's got all this magnificent power and attack range. Highly inspired by RockCrock and Renth.

My goal is to progress as far as possible with Dr. Mario, especially in singles. I'll even go as far as saying I want to go all Doc in Tournament 1v1s no matter what matchups I get (No counterpick characters).

Zamerux

Smash Rookie
I'm Zamerux, some random guy with no hopes of challenges (everyone in my area is too easy) and then it's a large leap to those people who are TOO GOOD TO BE PLAYING BRAWL. hahah
Main's Peach, but isn't everyone? :D

YOUNG LINK FOREVER.
Jiggs.

Fossul

Smash Rookie
I'm Dan. I recently got back into Melee and I am currently maining Puff. I consider myself to be a decent player, but I will get better for sure. I live in Macao, and I know for a fact there isn't any Smash tournaments here. I'm also 13 years old, which is pretty impressive considering I am at least decent at this game.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm Dan. I recently got back into Melee and I am currently maining Puff. I consider myself to be a decent player, but I will get better for sure. I live in Macao, and I know for a fact there isn't any Smash tournaments here. I'm also 13 years old, which is pretty impressive considering I am at least decent at this game.
When I red the first part of this I thought you were King:laugh:

MCSR

Smash Apprentice
I'm MCSR
I'm 14
I started out maining Doc, went to Marth, didn't like him, and now I'm learning Falco and seriously diggin' it.
I'm alright, but pretty scrubby.
My tech skill is good but whenever I play with anyone it gets really bad and i get really finicky with my execution.
I've been playing this game since I was six, but just recently started playing at a "competitive" level.

Jim & Watch

Smash Rookie
hey im Jim. I'm a so cal player, that has been playing for a couple of years. I picked up game and watch early on because he was fun as hell and had the weirdest mind games and i loved him. constant pressure from friends to play a high tier character kept me from maining him for a long, long time. until recently, i havent been a self proclaimed G&W main player. my only hope is to bring just a little bit of glory to game and watch, whom i feel is needs a little bit more attention. my inspiration, is looking at other players on youtube playing ****ty G&W's giving him a bad rep. im practicing my tech skill and spacing skill currently so i can be a top G&W player and make G&W's true potential shine.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Im rpgfighter from northern Virginia and I am 14 years old, I am just trying to learn how to wave dash consistently lol. I have been playing this game since it came out and got on a srs level about a year ago. Being 14 its hard for me to drive anywhere unless my parents are willing to do so. I also play 3s and SSF4.

I use Sheik/Peach/Falco as mains then I use Doc/Jiggs/Gdorf/Roy and Ness for fun.

If you live in the VA/MD area and play Melee. I wanna play you whenever a tournament happens! :D

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I'm edgeluca
I use that n00b samus character
I try to be flashy and combo alot instead of being boring
I succeed, but I don't win

BEES

Smash Lord
we are bees
we are a very large swarm of 10,000 bees
most of us like the flaco bird
if in raleigh and you play melee do not be alarmed if bees

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm Zamerux, some random guy with no hopes of challenges (everyone in my area is too easy) and then it's a large leap to those people who are TOO GOOD TO BE PLAYING BRAWL. hahah
Main's Peach, but isn't everyone? :D

YOUNG LINK FOREVER.
Jiggs.
You play Young Link and live in Charlottesville?! How come I have NEVER MET YOU?!?!?

How often do you come to SoVA tourney's?

Snuffles ftl

Smash Rookie
hey guys im snuffles :D...
Ive been playing melee since it came out but only been playing competively for about a year.
I like melee for three reasons:

1) Its not brawl
2) You actually have to think. (instead of goin around shootin whatever moves. *ahem MW2 *ahem)
3) The smash community is awesome possum is it not? :)

I main cpt falcon because knee.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
My Internet identity is Dragoon Fighter.

I played SSB64 for a long time but I am some what new to melee. I read chesseball341's guide when trying to get an edge over my brother and that exposed me to the world of competitive smash and as a result I became a member of the smash boards. Games I play include Yu-gi-oh, Magic the gathering, chess, checkers, Navi-dtrap (monster board game that is a shogi/chess hybrid), Super smash bros melee, Super smash bros 64, Some of the Legend of zelda games, and brave fencer mushashi just to name a few. I am not huge into video games and compared to many people I am a bit technologically back wards.
In the original 64 I main all most exclusively kirby.
In melee I main Kirby and shiek but I have been dabbling in all of the low-tiers and I may possibly try to become a low-tier master. If I ever become a smash professional (that is many many years away) It will be a side job because I wish to be a District Attorney when I get out of collage.

IF YOU ACTUALLY READ THIS THEN I AM IMPRESSED!

GodLi

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm Ted, or GodLi, except that I'm not good. Especially after going to my first tournament and confirming my fears that I would get *****. I main Marth and Falco, and have only been practicing competitively for 3 months or so

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Hi melee players! My name is Mike G or Mikey and I main Peach in melee. I love this game and I used to play it a lot years ago before most of you even knew what smash boards even was. So I guess that makes me unknown to the majority of you in here =D
Most people :)

I'm from Edmonton. I'm alright at this game I guess. I play a good Pikachu, and I have terrible videos of me on YouTube from like... 4 years ago lol. But yes, I've been around here since 2001 and I almost never post anywhere except my regional thread unless I'm attending a tourney somewhere.

Recently I've been playing Falco a lot, but since I live in Marthberta and I hate that match-up I use Pikachu most of the time in tournaments. I've never been to a US tourney, but I've played most everyone in Canada (and by that I mean BC, AB and ON + Kage). Even the legendary Maiko! But most people wouldn't know.

I have been playing less lately. Just busy, that's all. Alberta has a pretty good Melee community. You should all visit? I will host you. I host pretty much every out of towner that comes to Edmonton.

insekt11

Smash Cadet
Hey, im insekt. I have been playing melee off and on for years, mostly for fun. But now, being able to kick lvl 9's *****, i became curious over if anyone actually play this game anymore. So i searched the web and found this forum. Im gonna continue practicing and playing etc.

My fav character is Marth then Falco. I also like Sheik a lot for some strange reason. My playing style is very offensive. I like to kick 'em when they're down! (:

Tairseth

Smash Apprentice
I'm a serious competitive player who wants to make a name for myself as a (hopefully) professional player one day. I pray I get to go to APEX and play many many people there. I live in North GA and you can check out some of me and my smash bros vids on our youtube account (SweetSmashBerries) but keep in mind that none of the vids uploaded are very recent xD. I exclusivly play marth. GET AT ME! :DD

MonkeyD.Sniper

Smash Rookie
I'm MonkeyD.Sniper(just made this account). I live in Northern NJ.
I main Falco. Secondaries are Fox and Marth and then I'm trying to get better with Puff and Peach

First got inspired by Bombsoldier's Falco and Ken's Marth
Mango's Puff and Armada's Peach are friggin amazing so they got me into trying them out and I enjoy messing around with kids who don't know ATs with these two characters although i only recently picked up Peach.

I have never played in a tourney before. Although I have played someone who used to be 9th in NJ. He ***** me with every character and made me realize how crappy I was back then. I basically achieved my goal which was just to **** all my friends. But yea I don't think I'm all that good since I always play bad people so my technique is probably really sloppy. So yea PM if you live in Northern NJ and wanna play me.

Top Bottom