• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Invinci-Bombing technique with video!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Invinci-Bombing video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e71yBIVaq1w&feature=channel_page

Last night I figured I try some new tricks in training mode with Toon Link, and I came up with 2 really useful strategies. This also works with Link too.

Invincibombing- Short hop and airdodge at the opponent, but don't drop the bomb directly on him, instead drop the bomb near you both, so the bomb will explode and you'll hit your opponent while you will be safe from the bomb's explosion, because of the invincibilty frames from your air dodge. Press L or R to airdodge and immediately press "A", if you don't do this fast enough you will Z-air instead. The Uses are that Link and Toon Link will approach the opponent safely, it is good for approaches, good for defense, out of shield, and a good combo starter. It also helps that Toon Link has good aerial momentum. I tested it out in the training room, and if you time it perfectly you'll be able to pull of some dropped bombs combos and it will actually count as a consecutive hit in training mode.

NEW! Invincibombing to Z-air, to N-air!

Airdodge and press attack button at the same time to "Invincibomb." As soon as you drop your bomb, cancel your airdodge with a Z-air. The bomb explosion and the Z-air will count as a consecutive 2 hit combo, and will do 8% damage, compared to 4% damage just from a normal Z-air. That's twice as much damage! Often, it is very easy to hit with N-air after Z-air hits.

Bomb drop 4% damage.
Z-air 4% damage.
N-air 12% damage I estimate. <.<
= 18 damage easily.

I stood up til 3am testing these combos out. They are all true combos if you get the timing down perfectly. It also helps if your opponent is a big character and if you slow down the timing to get used to it.
This also works for Link, but not as effectively, since Link's bombs have greater knockback and less blast radius.

... Yup, I'm pretty sure the Link's are going to be higher on the next tier list. ;)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
The application is new. I know people know of dropping your items when you dodge. The difference is that the Link's could Z-air after this, and combo out of this.

It's pretty much likened to Ganon's Tipman Up-air. People knew about the effects of the Up-air, but nobody really put it into effect like Thomas Tipman did. That guy was too good, I wondered what happened to him. *_*

Legan

Smash Lord
YEA THIS **** IS OLD, FACK THIS TECH AND READ THE STICKIES NOOB.

*Secretly facepalms because hes never thought to apply this tech like this. Good **** Calibur, no ones thought to use it like this and I havent seen a single useful application until now.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
The application is new. I know people know of dropping your items when you dodge. The difference is that the Link's could Z-air after this, and combo out of this.

It's pretty much likened to Ganon's Tipman Up-air. People knew about the effects of the Up-air, but nobody really put it into effect like Thomas Tipman did. That guy was too good, I wondered what happened to him. *_*
I've seen it applied like this.

I'm just saying.

1 :mewtwo: 342 Created using PokeScript - by Havokk

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504

sasook

Smash Champion
We have a thread for this kind of stuff, it's called the Official Metagame Discussion. I'm not bashing the credibility of this thread, I'm just saying please use that thread in the future.

As for the actual technique, I think I've done it by accident a few times. When I get home from vacation, I'll watch the video to make sure.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
D

Deleted member

This isn't about mid-air bomb dropping. -_-

That video shows you to drop bombs in mid air, other than that, nothing else was similiar.
quick question, are you ********?

if you actually watch the video you'll see that its the exact same fcking technique

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
lol...I definitely see what calibur is saying here. He agrees that dropping a bomb using dodge has already been discovered, he's just saying that we should follow this up with a zair.

I'm sure people have done this before, but the thing is it's just not as useful as calibur says it is for tlink. As he mentioned Links bombs have a larger blast radius so it's more likely that he will get hit. Also, the whole zair to nair thing is definitely just for tlink.

One use I do see as being useful could be when you SHAD behind opponents while dropping a bomb. That way the bomb will hit them you zair now that you are behind them and now you can follow that up with a grab or fsmash. It might look fancy, but i'd personally rather go with something safer.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
lmao Santi

hmm... I'll see if I can actually get any good use out of this in battle. If not, I won't use it, if so, I will; it's that simple.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
lol...I definitely see what calibur is saying here. He agrees that dropping a bomb using dodge has already been discovered, he's just saying that we should follow this up with a zair.

I'm sure people have done this before, but the thing is it's just not as useful as calibur says it is for tlink. As he mentioned Links bombs have a larger blast radius so it's more likely that he will get hit. Also, the whole zair to nair thing is definitely just for tlink.

One use I do see as being useful could be when you SHAD behind opponents while dropping a bomb. That way the bomb will hit them you zair now that you are behind them and now you can follow that up with a grab or fsmash. It might look fancy, but i'd personally rather go with something safer.
Not only Z-air, other moves too. Such as jabs, jab cancel's, up-smash, up-tilt, grounded spin attack, F-tilt And yes Toon Link can perform this more "safely" because he has enough aerial momentum to carry himself further in the air and his bombs are better for this strategy. Link can't abuse this as much as Toon Link can, but it's still useful for you Link's to know.

hmm... I'll see if I can actually get any good use out of this in battle. If not, I won't use it, if so, I will; it's that simple.
Yes, that's the idea. Try it out and use it in battle, if it doesn't work, don't do it. I'm sure it will help though. That's why I told the Link's about it, and not just the Toon Link's. I'd like to see Link at his full potential with this.

D

Deleted member

doesnt matter if the application is different, its the same technique

in melee when you wavelanded torward your opponent it wasn't named differently than if you did a retreating waveland

its useful as a cross up and as a way to stop people from trying to edge guard you, other than that theres no real use for it

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
i suppose this could be applied for mindgames or just to mix it up but i cant see this being too useful. Ill have to try it out before i make assumptions tho

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
This is KNOWN for so looong

OP what u dont understand is that everyone knew about dropping a bomb into someone after an air-dodge.... what u do after that is up to u

what you are saying in this post is pretty much the same as saying "look, in melee u can wavedash.... INTO A F-SMASH"

we all know u can combo out of the bomb drop no one said it cuz its a given... now ur parading it around like a new technique

ALSO..... the term invincibombing sounds seriously ********. its also really long and cant be shortened into a contraction of any kind

if u wanna pass something off as a tech make it more appealing!

Legan

Smash Lord

OP what u dont understand is that everyone knew about dropping a bomb into someone after an air-dodge.... what u do after that is up to u

what you are saying in this post is pretty much the same as saying "look, in melee u can wavedash.... INTO A F-SMASH"

we all know u can combo out of the bomb drop no one said it cuz its a given... now ur parading it around like a new technique

ALSO..... the term invincibombing sounds seriously ********. its also really long and cant be shortened into a contraction of any kind

Pampous Pampous Link boards, Dont you see that he already knew the airdodge z drop was already a known tech. Hes just giving you a few new applications and scenarios where it may prove useful. These boards have been dead as far as advancing links meta so why not be a little more lenient and not knock **** before you try it. Do you know how many people said that pivot boosting was a useless tech? Now dont they feel silly...I know I do when Im spinning across the stage.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Pampous Pampous Link boards, Dont you see that he already knew the airdodge z drop was already a known tech. Hes just giving you a few new applications and scenarios where it may prove useful. These boards have been dead as far as advancing links meta so why not be a little more lenient and not knock **** before you try it. Do you know how many people said that pivot boosting was a useless tech? Now dont they feel silly...I know I do when Im spinning across the stage.
Long as you're not preachin' this to me. :p

Legan is right. All you ****ers should stop to try to be the next aurashade. Try the things instead of saying its worthless(you probably do that cause you cant perform it). Think of possible applications and try them. sometimes it dont work, sometimes it does. But most of you are trying to be tough way to hard.

sasook

Smash Champion
I agree with Legan, I remember back when everyone thought bombsliding was useless - now look where its gotten thanks to Fear, Monkey, Lootic, and myself. Now most of these boards have the 'I need to learn reverse bombsliding' spark. Give techniques a chance before shooting them down.

And this could have gone in the Metagame discussion.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504

WTF... that's ridiculous.

With that kind of attitude, your not going to learn things in life. I wouldn't be surprised if you failed some classes in school with your way of thinking. You get a big fat "F" for not understanding something so simple and with visual aid. Your teachers must of hated you in school. lol.

Geno Whirl

Smash Rookie
Eh. Instead of doing such close range bombing that requires a dodge that could leave me helpless, I'd rather just jab the guy away and boomerang his arse. I don't see a real usefulness for this move... although it can be the beginning of something interesting.

However, I won't be one to use it too often. Lawlz.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
It is a pretty fun thing to do, my brother started shield grabbing me through. Like when you land you are bound to get grabbed etc.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
It is a pretty fun thing to do, my brother started shield grabbing me through. Like when you land you are bound to get grabbed etc.
Since you're landing with a Zair, you should be able to spotdodge or something as long as you doesn't get you grabbed in like, your 2 frames of landing lag.

D

Deleted member

Legan is right. All you ****ers should stop to try to be the next aurashade. Try the things instead of saying its worthless(you probably do that cause you cant perform it). Think of possible applications and try them. sometimes it dont work, sometimes it does. But most of you are trying to be tough way to hard.
how about you shut your ƒucking mouth. i've already experimented with this technique and i use it every match, you need to learn who the ƒuck you're talking to kid.

I agree with Legan, I remember back when everyone thought bombsliding was useless - now look where its gotten thanks to Fear, Monkey, Lootic, and myself. Now most of these boards have the 'I need to learn reverse bombsliding' spark. Give techniques a chance before shooting them down.
i've given this AT more than enough time, and i'm probably the only person who uses this too. i've already listed the real uses for this technique, every other situation has a better tactic that you could use.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
its useful as a cross up and as a way to stop people from trying to edge guard you, other than that theres no real use for it
Whhaaa! This is actually an important part of my game, but I don't use it like most people mention here. So as long as we're talking about it's application.....

I use this often as a trap and I think more Links need to include this in their game. Whenever I'm in the air and have a bomb (or have time to take one out) I sometimes fast fall then dodge bomb release right before I hit the ground - hold the dodge to land with a shield and the bomb will explode without hurting you. When opponents try to punish this with an attack they'll hit your shield and get hit by the bomb instead. Also, (if you have the SA frames from your controller slot) this serves as perfect bait for a grab and they'll get hit by the bomb after they grab you(leaving you unharmed).

This kinda has the same use that nades have when snakes hold on to them so that you hit their shield just as it blows up. It sets up great mind games too. Opponents think twice about attacking/grabbing you when you land after you've trained their response enough. It also works well if they try to hit you in the air--at best you'll dodge through them and they'll crash into the bomb instead or at worst they'll catch the bomb.

This is useful.

how about you shut your ƒucking mouth. i've already experimented with this technique and i use it every match, you need to learn who the ƒuck you're talking to kid.

i've given this AT more than enough time, and i'm probably the only person who uses this too. i've already listed the real uses for this technique, every other situation has a better tactic that you could use.
sorry Arkive no offense meant against you, I know you experimented and tried the technique, My post was directed towards all the other ****ers that tries to act like they already know everything and dont give any argument why the AT is useless and just says "OLD, not usefull, close the thread now"

P.S.
how did you make those f?

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
regardless I've known about this for a looong time... it's just kind of a given to players who know their character.

Dunno I just found this to be a rudementary tactic...

Also, the problem with this thread is the presentation. This is nothing more than an approach! Please say new Link approach instead of making people believe its new and different/unknown by dubbing it with ur own name (which is not very good btw), and then saying its a new technique. Again, it's an approach.

and for any haters... i say what i believe and i hide nothing.... now all u need to do is consider it then move on. i have no time for posts marking my negative attitude... i KNOW its negative, and besides, its nothing more than my opinion, flawed as it may be

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
regardless I've known about this for a looong time... it's just kind of a given to players who know their character.

Dunno I just found this to be a rudementary tactic...

Also, the problem with this thread is the presentation. This is nothing more than an approach! Please say new Link approach instead of making people believe its new and different/unknown by dubbing it with ur own name (which is not very good btw), and then saying its a new technique. Again, it's an approach.

and for any haters... i say what i believe and i hide nothing.... now all u need to do is consider it then move on. i have no time for posts marking my negative attitude... i KNOW its negative, and besides, its nothing more than my opinion, flawed as it may be
Try it.... NOW! Seriously, don't doubt it's uses. You can hate all you want, it's not going to help you with that kind of attitude.

Thanks for posting. But the application has been used before.
I never seen it used before. I know dropping bombs has been known before, but this is the advancement of that technique. Try it.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
*bump*
So had anyone been using this in matches? It's great against fighting Olimar's since their main game is shield grabbing. Also this can be used to counter MK's shuttle loop and tornado, this move pretty much acts like a counter move because you get invincible frames from air dodge while attacking with a bomb drop, and from then you can follow up with a certain attack while your opponent is stunned from the explosion. Link will be more annoying to fight because of this. lol.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I've given it a try. I think it would be best as a defensive maneuver against an oncoming aggressive fighter rather than as an offensive approach for comboing purposes. It's another good defensive tactic, it might help with certain matchups like Falco or Dedede.

Top Bottom