• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly (Putting A Smile On Your Face) Tournament #15 1/09/10

lain

Smash Master
1: Ally- :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight:

2: Lain- go me

3: Domo- I'm glad you didn't quit Dom. Good **** man, can't wait to team witchu at Hot Dickings! We'll definitely party hardy @_@

4: Clel- Your marth is ****ing sick.

5: Joker- Nice snake, good **** @ stepping it up!

5: Zeton- Way to win a gay matchup @_@ haha

7: Nicole- ... biggest copout ever. you shoulda beaten me ;_; sowwy. you are so freakin good! next milktea. see ya next tourney though!

7: Affinity- Sowwy man :[ Don't worry about it, you're still sexy!

9: Steeler- Your squirtle was way more annoying then your wario lol. **** that ****!

9: Amaterasu- *nightmares* Good seeing you again Fino :] I'll see you at Hot Dickings!

9: Cook- Your Oli is solid. Place better!

9: Razor- :[ Don't worry bout it, just had a bad day.

13: Zozefup- Dude thank you SO much. Talking with you was quite interesting, you're a really cool guy. Think about all the **** and get better! You're starting to see it. Thanks again man, I really appreciate it.

13: Mr. Doom- Nice matches versus Ally, you have a great ike. Your MK sucks though XDDD

17: Legan- You need to turn off sandbag mode and do something about becoming PRO. You can be good with Link, why not with other characters?! Anyways, good seeing you man I'll see you at HD.

25: Schism- Peach dsmash ***** my life

25: Jlo- It's ok, you can shake that rust off. I think you're friends were impressed with some crazy brawl ****, so you can get them to be **** too!

33: Rauleen- Good seeing you Rauleen. I saw a lot of people make comebacks on you which made me :[. I'll see you at HD! It shall be hype!

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Don't hate on my boy people

If people are getting hellas annoyed when fighting Toon Link, I think it means I am doing it right-ish.

Where the hell were you btw? Need to get some more pointers and such

Also...whats with the switch to MK?

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Joker - Great tourney man, always a great time. Also happy that for once I wasn't in your pool lol
Razor - Thanks for housing us man. Greatly appreciated it. Double Link teams ftw. If there is ever a low tier team tourney we need to try that out
Bored Peanut - Great games man. I had a lot of fun playing them.
Steeler - Thanks for the encouragement and the advice. Epic Pokemon Trainer you have.
Kit - Eh.
Cook - Eh.
Nicole - Eh.
Corey - Eh.
Rauleen - Eh.
I'm playing. You guys rock. I had a great time riding up to Iowa and back to K-Ville. Thanks for the ride Rauleen! Thanks for the encouragement on TL Corey. Black Panthers ftw. Nicole and Cook, always a pleasure. Great team matches at Razors and friendlies at Jokers. Kit, well I see you all the **** time so talking to you on here seems a little overkill, but great times as always :-)
MJG - Happy?
Fino - Yeah TL is hellas annoying. And tha'ts why I play him, lol
Mduo - Great team friendlies at the beginning of the tourney.

If I forgot you, I am sorry!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
1: Ally - Good stuff as always man. Congrats. Hope you can make it to NKv3.
2: Lain - Your ICs still impress me to this day. See ya at HD!
3: Domo - Way to rep ICT. Good stuff.
4: Clel - Dang, you've improved a lot. I don't see you placing outside Top 8 in the MW ever again
5: Joker - Campy Snake is Campy :p jk. Way to rep IA. Great stuff.
5: Zeton - Holy ****. You've amazed all of us again. Who the **** is Rookie?? Keep it up bro.
7: Nicole - You've improved the most out of all the people I played against by far. You almost beat me and Lain. God **** lol. Keep it up!
7: Affinity - Step it up scrub.
9: Steeler - ****. You did good. You have amazing potential. I know you'll consistently constantly place high from now on.
9: Amaterasu - You did pretty good for your first tournament :)
9: Cook - Those were some fun team matches. Wish we would've gotten some friendlies in.
9: Razor - GGs sir. You've def improved. Keep it up.
13: Zozefup - I'm glad my tips helped you out dude. We'll have to play more at HD.
13: Mr. Doom - You almost beat Ally's MK with Ike. What. The. ****. You are by far the best Ike in the Midwest by far. Keep improving and you'll be the best Ike in the world soon enough. I know it.
13: TWINK - Good Ness! It was fun talking to you and playing friendlies. More friendlies at HD?
13: Kit - Wario too good!!! We gotta team sometime bro.
17: Legan - You're Legan. Do I need to say more?
17: Mduo - Your MK's improved a lot since KMYM. See ya at HD.
17: Trent - Looking forward to our MM at NKv3.
17: Bolt - Fun team friendlies, those were.
25: Afrayal - Nice Olimar. Keep it up!
33: Peeks - GG's in pools. You're G&W almost got me.
33: Rauleen - It was fun playing and talking with you as well. Sorry for keeping you up lol

Very fun tournament overall. See most of you at HD/NKv3!

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
you play that thing then see if you feel the same way. Shoutouts later today prolly.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Zozefup = Super Top Tier Driver?

Total miles driven: 1523
Total hours awake: 60
Total hours of sleep: 6

Previous trip to Iowa:
miles driven: 1700
hours awake: 46
hours of sleep: 0!!

Why did I sleep this trip you ask?
I was sandbagging.

So I was debating whether or not to bring this up. I'm not mad or anything. I had a blast at this tournament!! I agreed to pick you guys up from Chicago because I thought it would be a good opportunity to improve at brawl and I would save money by doing so. I ended up adding 14 hours of driving to my trip and I ended up paying most of the gas money lol. I paid 60, Lain paid 30, Alley paid 50. Plus I have 1500 miles of wear and tare on my car.... and my car now smells like pot! hehe. But it's fine :). I don't want paided back or anything. Just letting you guys know that this was a huge burden on my time, energy, and wallet. But really, having the choice I would do it all again. It was awesome getting to hang out/smash with you guys.

(shout outs after I get my homework done lol)

edit: It wasn't really Ally or Lain's fault. Lain is broke lol. And I think the original plan was for Judge to cover the rest of the bill, but he ended up backing out.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
1: Ally - GGs in Pools man.
2: Lain - Good seeing you again.
3: Domo - Someone pointed you out for me at the Tourney cuz I haven't seen you before. You seem like a cool dude.
4: Clel
5: Joker - Nice job representing IA man. Continue to be good.
5: Zeton - Best Fox alive in Brawl.
7: Nicole - Good seeing you again. I'll make sure to watch out for you real life slaps next time. :laugh:
7: Affinity - GGs in Pools man. Sewer Surfin' FTW.
9: Steeler - Best Pokemon Trainer alive. Continue the greatest man.
9: Amaterasu - Good Job for your first Tourney.
9: Cook - That TV was possessed by a ghost man. That's why it was white.
9: Razor - Good job organizing man.
13: Zozefup - More B please. Its pretty to watch.
13: Mr. Doom - Best Ike alive. You need to stage spike more with Up-B so I can yell out KOBE! I forgot about our Pokemon Battle. Maybe next time.
13: TWINK - GGs man. You had the ditto this time. If I'm still around, I'll get you next time. ;)
13: Kit - My Burger Shots.........
17: Ngamer - More Youtube vids man.
17: Bored Peanut - Sweet Zero Suit man.
17: Andy - F-Smash more.
17: Legan - GGs in Melee man. You are a funny man.
17: Mduo - We're friends on Facebook now.
17: Trent - IHOP was pretty funny.
17: Greg Dang - This is suppose to be Kudou. Good job man.
17: Bolt - Melee?
25: Mysterious Silver - More arrows.
25: CTX
25: Connor - Blue Moon?
25: Schism - D-Smash more.
25: Jlo - We'll get you a dream bracket again.
25: Blank - Sweet hanging ut with you again man.
25: Afrayal - Thanks for more Sun Chips!
25: Chloe - Good seeing you again. It was cool to meet your friends.
33: Peeks - Des Moines?
33: BCRF
33: Yulai - MK?
33: NEB - Sorry it wasn't warmer upstairs. I'll prepare next time.
33: Bead - You are Pat? Thanks for bring Chloe back to Des Moines. Hope to see you guys more.
33: Sherman the Tank - Thanks for the ride home and to IHOP. I would have helped you the first time when the car was stuck, but I couldn't get out. :laugh:
33: Rauleen - That Kirby is something. Thanks for bringing cookies! I told you they weren't bad. Everyone ate them all. See you at Hot Dickings!
33: Kudoukun - This is my real placing. You suck man. Get better or quit.
33: Neon
33: Zeal
33: Mook

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Zozefup = Super Top Tier Driver?

Total miles driven: 1523
Total hours awake: 60
Total hours of sleep: 6

Previous trip to Iowa:
miles driven: 1700
hours awake: 46
hours of sleep: 0!!

Why did I sleep this trip you ask?
I was sandbagging.

So I was debating whether or not to bring this up. I'm not mad or anything. I had a blast at this tournament!! I agreed to pick you guys up from Chicago because I thought it would be a good opportunity to improve at brawl and I would save money by doing so. I ended up adding 14 hours of driving to my trip and I ended up paying most of the gas money lol. I paid 60, Lain paid 30, Alley paid 50. Plus I have 1500 miles of wear and tare on my car.... and my car now smells like pot! hehe. But it's fine :). I don't want paided back or anything. Just letting you guys know that this was a huge burden on my time, energy, and wallet. But really, having the choice I would do it all again. It was awesome getting to hang out/smash with you guys.

(shout outs after I get my homework done lol)

edit: It wasn't really Ally or Lain's fault. Lain is broke lol. And I think the original plan was for Judge to cover the rest of the bill, but he ended up backing out.
I dont give money until I'm asked. Sorry though I felt still bad

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
^oops wrong account

Ally: I still can't believe you came to Iowa >.< Anyways games where fun and you're also a fun guy to hang out with ^.^
Lain: Same thing OMGZ but yeah man always a pleasure seeing and talking to you.
Domo: We didn't got to play this time around but you looked really tired and can't blame you next time for sure ^.^
Clel: That Marth is soooo sexy I enjoy watching your match with Zeton.
Zeton: GOD those Falcon matches where too epic also next time I need to play your Fox for sure this time XP
Nicole: That Peach is becoming scary I need to play Jlo more >.<
Affinity: GGs man sadly neither of us where on Grand Finals T.T
Steeler: Ganon/Falcon matches are the way too go.
Amaterasu: lol at the trash talk I thought I was playing Sekku XD
Cook: Why did you leave me T.T but it's all good man I still enjoy hanging with you.
Razor: I can't thank you enough for the venue it was perfect.
Zozefup: GGs man and hopefully I can see you in some tourneys up there
Mr. Doom: Your Ike is just amazing I enjoy watching you play everytime.
13: TWINK
Kit: We didn't got to play around this time but maybe next time by the way where's Jordan at o.0
Ngamer: GGs man and thanks for doing doubles with Yink and I
Bored Peanut: We didn't play but thanks for coming down and see you this Saturday.
Andy: Nice seeing you like always
Legan: Those Melee matches where fun and noob combos can work sometimes XP
Mduo: Same man nice seeing you too.
Trent: GGs in teams I was actually surprise to see you enter it 0.0
C.Love: You get bad luck with pools man but maybe next time will be different.
Bolt: DAYUM just a couple of weeks of playing Brawl and you got this far keep it up man.
Mysterious Silver: GGs man.
CTX: Ggs man and awesome seeing you again
Connor: I saw you pass out on a chair then I turn and you where gone T.T
Schism: OMGZ you are right next to me playing games >.<
Jlo: You need to play more games with us.
Blank: It was nice seeing you again my son.
Afrayal: Your Olimar is getting there keep at it.
Chloe: Teams where so fun we should team next time for a tourney >.0
Peeks: You're now in Iowa so you'll do better next time.
Yulai: I'm sorry I couldn't take the money for Melee but had to much going at the time.
NEB: We didn't play but maybe this weekend.
Bead: Nice meeting you and a fun guy to hang out with.
Sherman the Tank: I'm pretty sure I'll see you this weekend too.
Rauleen: GGs also I enjoy talking to you plus those cookies where awesome I want more.
Kudou-kun: Man I wanted to go to IHOP with you guys but couldn't also I failed you T.T
Grinnell: You guys are awesome glad you guys can make it to my tourneys.

Also working on vids and should have them up soon it took longer cause I had to record some replay since they weren't recorded but saved instead anyways they will be uploaded here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Joker490Frozen

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Oh **** I forgot to shoutout to bone.

Bone - your sleeping skills are f*cking pro. To be able to sleep through that sh*t all night Friday. You sir, are my hero.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
1: Ally - watching you was crazy awesome.. that match against Joker that I saw was intense. Sad I didn't get to see more of your Snake, but your MK was nice :) I didn't wanna bother asking for friendlies since I figured you'd be busy enough.
2: Lain - Thanks for coming? ^^; Never gotta play you either, but I saw part of one of your matches...beastly. My friend says "He scares me" XD
3: Domo - I heard good things about you.. didn't really getta check y'out though.
4: Clel - You!! you slaughtered me in pools.. now I don't feel quite so bad. wicked marth, dude!!
5: Joker - Hey! You! I did decentish against you :3 maybe sometime I'll take a match off you.. maybe ^_^; GGs (both pools AND bracket.. harsh!)
5: Zeton - fox wut?! My friend is trying to main Fox, it was neat watching your style
7: Nicole - You're totally awesome, congrats for placing so high!
7: Affinity - So I felt like a nub when I didn't recognize you at first.. you're pretty awesome. Glad (surprised??) you heard of me.... rofl. Maybe someday I'll be good enough to rightfully be talked about, and I'll friendly/MM your smexy MK
9: Steeler - Saw some of your doubles, wicked stuff
9: Amaterasu - You are so homosexual.
9: Cook - Thanks for the Marth tips.. sorry I didn't have a chance to fully take advantage of them, I'm slow and have to practice to comprehend stuff.. lulz. But your patience and tips are always appreciated. Love watching your Olimar.
9: Razor - You were amazing with setting everything up, thanks for the encouragement.
13: Zozefup - aggh!! you seem like a really cool guy... but I couldn't stand watching you brawl >_<
13: Mr. Doom - Were you the one that helped with the tourney set up? o.o If so, your help was appreciated, too. :)
13: TWINK - actually I can't think of who you are off the top of my head >.>;
13: Kit - You're a cool dude.
17: Ngamer - I saw you at Anime Iowa! Right? :D
17: Bored Peanut - You're awesome to hang out with XD Teach Connor to SF4 so he stops QQing :)
17: Andy - LOL. You're awesome, and always bring the lulz ^^;
17: Legan - Saw a couple matches.. that's some crazy ****, there!
17: Mduo - I didn't really getta watch much of you.. but gj ^_^;
17: Trent - lrn2sawnik? Your match with Cook was crazy close... sooo intense! It was awesome having you there, too bad Mindy wasn't there to mock your werehoggery.
17: Greg Dang - That match was kinda surprising. That **** was too hard against Oli, you definitely improved. I need to step it up, and I hope you stick with it.
17: Bolt - You did well! Np for the wii help, I definitely owe it to you for the ride home :) It was a nice convo too XD
25: Mysterious SilverB - **** MOVE pulling out Luigi randomly @___@ I got so lucky. GGs though, keep working at it! (feel free to skip on the Luigi work though :p I wouldn't mind, haha)
25: CTX - watching you was fun :p
25: Connor - You're a noob, stop sucking, etcetc. Also, who works? What a loser. I'd give you a nicer shout out, but you forgot me, so screw you.
25: Schism - It was good seeing you again! Hopefully we can take you to the next couple tourneys in our awesome party van. I hear good things about your ICs.
25: Jlo - It was nice seeing you too!! You and Nicole's double Peach was too beast -__-; Hopefully we can sit down and play some friendlies sometime, though.
25: Blank - It was nice seeing you. Hope you enjoyed the sun chips. ;)
25: Afrayal learn to spell your name, jeez. It's AFRAYAIL, what a noob! and your olimar? pfft... I guess you made progress and didn't cop out and switch to your other chars too much. GGs.
25: Chloe - I'll miss having you around, but it was nice having you at the tourney!
33: Peeks - Your hat. Was win.
33: BCRF - I don't think I know who you are, but thanks for coming ^^;
33: Yulai - You're so awesome, and you make me lol out loud :) hope to see ya this weekend!
33: NEB - pulling a blank on your face @__@ sounds soo familiar... anyway, thanks for comin!
33: Bead - You the one that brought Chloe? if so, super awesome points to you
33: Sherman the Tank - Keep working on Pit (and MK I guess, haha) Hope to make it out this weekend! GGs in friendlies.
33: Rauleen - You're so amazing, it was nice meeting you! I'm sorry that the Olimar-Kirby match up is so cheap.. I felt I got off easy. Blame Fino for giving me the advice, I suppose.. but don't give up and keep ****** with those awesome combos!
33: Kudoukun - good seeing you! way to melee! lol. :) we went to school together >.>
33: Neon - AHHH that was the longest match of my liiiiife... and the other one was so long too! super good games, lucky I know ROB pretty decently or that woulda been hell ^_^; Keep working on him, it's really great to see ROBs out there!
33: Zeal - Can't think of who you are ATM, it's totally slipping my mind... but I remember your name positively lol XD?
33: Mook - GGs in pools. Your MK reminds me of mine when I started out... keep working on him, just gotta work out some of the match ups to get a feel for different characters.
Super 1st: Tyser - Don't worry, connor and I got that covered like... at this moment, hahaha. ;)

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Just a note...if anyone has any replays of me. (probably the only falco if that helps) I would appreciate a link to it.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Is there anyway my match with Joker could get posted on youtube before Jan. 30th? It would be awesome to see Nicole's matches too!

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
So at this point I'm prolly not going to get around to giving out a giant list of individual shout-outs so this is my mass shout-out.

Thank you everyone for coming, and the positive feedback on the venue. I really appreciate everyone driving out to this tournament despite unfortunate weather and the relative nowhereness surrounding the venue. I also want to especially thank Trent and Silver for really helping me clean up. A lot of people helped out, but those two basically were amazing. :)

Mr. Doom a special thank you to you as well for helping me run the bracket, and helping set it all up.

St. Louis/Columbia/Kirksville = My favorite <3

I might say more later.....

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
SHOUT OUTS!!!

Ally- It was great to finally meet you let alone play some Falcon dittos and team matches with you, we really need to get a serious friendly in next time though. XD

Lain- Great job coming from losers and getting 2nd. I'd like to get some friendlies with you in the future. :D

Radium- Your Kirby is getting really good, that hammer beat the the crap out of me. (and you destroyed my Link) See you again in future tournaments?

Yink/Chloe- PK Thunder mind games! You really have a good handle controlling Ness. I can't wait to see how much more you improve in future tournaments.

Legan- Inspiring, cool, and fearless, you keep showing people the true power of the Triforce of Courage. I'll be ready for our Link ditto MM next time though!

Trent- Fastest Sonic I've faced so far, you are hard to catch and your combos are insane, I didn't think the combos you did on me even existed! See you in future events :D

Nicole- You should of seriously beat Lain too! Lol oh well, your Peach is beast. I want to see you place just as high if not higher in the future :D

Mduo- I taught you a lot, and you learned it all so quickly. You definitely have potential as a Fox main, just keep practicing and...oh yeah "Never give up, trust your instincts."

Cook- Olimar is hard to get to, especially yours. Good stuff. We need to get some friendlies the future.

Joker- Knees and punches, Knees and punches. We need to get more friendlies in future tournaments, they were fun as hell.

Clel- Next time we fight in tournament (and believe me we will face off again), I'll be making your Marth do pushups for the failure in the matches. lol Great tournament set either way though. X3

Kit- I told ya man, I'm an honest person! If I say the next G&W's Hammer will be a 9, I mean it! lol Your Wario has gotten so good as well, we need to get some friendlies next time!

If I miss anyone I'm sorry I suck at shout outs.

Top Bottom