• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
yeah its pretty messed up, i mean they r tryin to get people to actually buy their games now. what kind of blasphemy is that?!? anyways, i was just watchin Dead Fantasy 1-5 and its pretty legit. montyoum is really good at 3D Animation programing and stuff. from what i've read Dead Fantasy is still pretty incomplete but i think he's finishing it for AX 09. now i have more of a reason to go to AX now. i must see for myself the greatness of Dead Fantasy. i just love the audience's reaction whenever Tifa got hit, its priceless

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Watching School Days. This main dude is so ****ed up.
Okay, finally finished School Days and I must say it's easily the worst anime I have ever watched ever. Not because I hated the characters but the story was completely stupid and the whole thing in general was so unrealistic I couldnt believe it. The only good parts of the anime was 0:01-5:00 in episode 1. Everything else was FUCKING TERRIBLE!
I'm with Uli I liked the anime cause the ending was just too good, however I couldn't stop but feel sorry for Kotonoha T.T but what really pissed me off is that everything that happen was Sekai's fault imo

So, has anyone kept up with Bayonetta? Joker, it seems like your kind of game, made by the same guys behind DMC, God Hand and Okami. Just found some recent new trailers a while ago.

Oh and I just finished watching the new Dead Fantasy previews.

Tifa is rapesauce.
I have never heard anything about that game but since is made by the guys who did DMC then you know is going to be good.
As for the Dead Fantasy that $hit was too epic I like the fight with Yuna and the Kasumis(plural) cause of the summons but Bahamut when down too fast but Sheva was ******,

The only thing I have seen from e3 that i found interesting was the new metal gear game for the 360

I was expecting for someone in this trailer to say "I fight for my friends"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jpzCAHDCGE
Dude I lol when the 360 ppl where all like "We're happy to have Snake in the 360" then Kojima is all like "Who ever said anything about Snake" I was like owned, so now 360 gets Raiden Kojima is too good ^.^

The TMNT games looks pretty good but they're using the new turtles T.T

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I wont be making it to this tourney unfortunately :(

Dead Fantasy is still blowing my mind with awesomeness. Kasumi still got hit too many times imo :(

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Blake Cambell has seriously gone up in my book. He repped Iowa and got 4th in a Melee tournament. I just cant get the thought of this out of my head so Im going to keep bringing it up for the next week.

EDIT: Just watched videos, and BC's lack of tech skill and mindgames ended up being a super duper mindgame lol. He ran from one side of the level to the other side of the level and didnt JC grab and grabbed the person almost all the time. ****in incredible.
Rofl... Yea im not gonna deny im pretty bad... I dont play as much as everyone else so that may explain my lack of... everything.. lmao

Got major pooped on by Dekline.. Hes just too fast and too good for me. I was happy i got one game off of him tho hah...

-BC-

Uli

Smash Champion
GOLDEN SUN FOR THE DS!!!!!
also that kingdomhearts game for the wii i think it was?
*stoked*

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I have never heard anything about that game but since is made by the guys who did DMC then you know is going to be good.
As for the Dead Fantasy that $hit was too epic I like the fight with Yuna and the Kasumis(plural) cause of the summons but Bahamut when down too fast but Sheva was ******,
Yeah Bayonetta looks sick. I've kept up with it since the first trailer last year. It was like, British accent, emo glasses, pistol-platform heels? =O I didn't know if you'd like the main character but the 2nd trailer got me hyped, the music is also too good.

Dead Fantasy is awesome. If you haven't seen the first two already you probably should, they're way longer and apparently these new ones are going to have more length to them too.

Oh and my mom told me not only can I fly back for midwest championships, but after 1 year in GA I can come live with my grandma here for my senior year. =D

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
The new Kingdom Hearts game is Birth by Sleep and will be released for the PSP. Unless there is new info that was released at E3, I think this is the most up to date info there is. And I've been pumped for it for years.

PortCity

Smash Ace
I'm finally done with all my tests, so I'm gonna be free. I'm thinking about either coming to Joker's house tomorrow, or possibly getting you guys to come here....but i'll find out for sure latter today. I need to contact Sluys.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I will have practice tomorrow but that will only be like 2 hours probably in the morning so I am up for either option.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
ok just to clear things up about kingdom hearts at e3. the one that nintendo was talkin about at e3 was Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Day for the NDS which is to be released in the US on 09/29/09, japan got it on 05/30/09. the one that Zash is talkin about is Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep which is for the psp and japan gets it sometime late this year. both games r totally unrelated to each other. from what i've seen Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Day for the NDS plays more on the organizational 13 side and the psp hasnt had much info released

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I have baseball practice from about 3-5 tomorrow. So I can be at either place after that. I will go ahead and say that most likely Des Moines will work better because then no one has to get Joker over to Ames.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
The PSP one you get to play as those three people you see at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2 Hidden Movie. Its suppose to be the Prequel to all the games.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Correct ^

I've been looking forward to Birth by Sleep for sooooo long. How in god's name have I not heard of this DS version? What the hell is wrong with me? And I call myself a KH fan... T.T

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
wow square enix is full of freakin losers. their press conference wont allow cameras and suchs, so there is no live stream of it. only a live blog by ppl postin about it online who r actually there. this makes me a sad panda that i cant watch square enix press conference. ;_;

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
ok so i'm trying to get these songs from youtube that i want kudo, uli told me that you are my man for telling me how i imgith be able to get them.

plz and thanks.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
ok this is what ur gonna what to use.

youtube to mp3-converter

with this all u have to do is put in the youtube url and then put in the properties like title, artist, album, etc. i use this alot with the audios i want from youtube. just be sure to put the output quality to high quality. its very easy to use so u'll get the jist of it the first time u use it

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
no problem at all, its what i like to do \(^o^)/. anyways, so it looks like the next one is on the 27th huh. i should have money to finally enter melee and brawl (took me long enough). would Blanky still be be here in iowa to go to this one?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Earliest I might leave is August, but I might not even go until after the first semester of school is over. =P

Also, US TvC is going to have online play and is removing one character and adding 5 new ones.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Thats awesome blank, i was scared that i wouldnt ever see you again lol. Im also pumped that the next tourny is on the 27th cause i can make that one right when i get back almost, plus i will have a way down there lol.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
man ff7 is so good *playing it on ps3*
i assume that u bought it on the playstation store? casue i watched sony's press confernece at e3 and im pretty sure that they said that final fantasy 7 is available for the ps3 and psp at the playstation store. thats good for ps3 users but for psp people its not that big of a deal i beat. decent game all in all

Will someone pwease tell me how to get Brawl+ I would like it very much.
well hackz ur wii with homebrew, then get gecko os app for homebrew in ur sd, then download the brawl+ code set in the workshop here on the boards, put it all together then boot it up with gecko. i just gave pretty much the jist of it there

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Will someone pwease tell me how to get Brawl+ I would like it very much.
It really depends on which version your wii is. I can point you to a few guides on AiB probably. Bannerbomb/homebrew will work on any version, but Brawl+ on 4.0 requires a different way to boot it up.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Looks like I have some meetings to goto today in Ames. So we will have to try and play at Sluys or Vos's house today (Thursday). I'm free pretty much all day, so text me for further details.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Well if it is gonna be in Ames then someone from Des Moines needs to come and get Joker. I have baseball practice from 3-5 so the earliest I could make Ames is 6.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Ally posted on gigabrawl about potentially going to that tournament. Joker that would be your chance!

Top Bottom