• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

§chizm

Smash Lord
Haku-men is Jin from the past.
Therefore, he is a ***got.
He's also the 3rd worst char in the game.

Also, I played an hour of Tager dittos online. It was one of the best things ever.
I've been playing Arakune more.

I'm probably going to buy a stick tomorrow, and then replace the cover with a picture of Guile nailing C. Viper. Or Vega vomiting.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I haven't even been playing BB ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

School sucks and im staying up late to pretend its still Summer.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Trying to learn Bang. Is FRKZ the way to play? I don't like it much except that it's super flashy

Not exactly, I actually don't use it in fights except against Tager because I'm not that comfortable with it yet

I would strongly advise you wait until you've got a better feel for Bang. The biggest turnoff for FRKZ is how difficult it is to control, since you have to buffer every move with pretty good timing, and it's pretty easy to mess up a dash.

I think the best way to go about learning him is to get his BnB's down, then some of his more advanced ground stuff like the 4 seal combos and get his mix-up game down, then try and work in some bumper usage and then you should be good to learn FRKZ stuff. It's pretty safe to do against Tager and Hakumen though, if you wanna fool around with it right away I'd say only do it on those two. They had a little list somewhere that was like

"Very Useful: Tager, Hakumen
Pretty Useful: Carl
Can be useful: Rest of the cast
Situational: Arakune, Rachel
Barely: Nu-13."

§chizm

Smash Lord
So I got my stick yesterday and I can do everything fine except for 623/421 motions, which I can't do AT ALL.

FRKZ only seems useful if you're actually good enough to use the ability to dash cancel his normals.
Steel Rain is the WORST though.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
So I got my stick yesterday and I can do everything fine except for 623/421 motions, which I can't do AT ALL.

FRKZ only seems useful if you're actually good enough to use the ability to dash cancel his normals.
Steel Rain is the WORST though.

It took me like two or three days to get used to doing 623623 /421421 without ****ing up a ton. What helped me was to push it until it caught on the corner notch and then just push it up a tiny bit.

FRKZ actually has a lot of loops, not to mention if people are afraid of your pressure normally they tend to get even more so when you go Super Saiyain.

Steel Rain has a couple of uses, it's good against Nu as a way to close in, last set of nails for hitconfirm > Steel Rain can kill or at least let you get in close.

Also, if you have 100% heat and your burst still intact [unlikely] wait for them to move back against the screen and do Steel Rain -> Run up and offensive burst to break their guard and do his running super. Steel Rain will hit them for a ton, and they'll actually block the running super, but it'll still go off. But the last hit of his super is a throw and that is unblockable so it still connects and slams for unprorated like 4k damage or so. If you land it, the whole combo can 100% kill someone with Ragna's health or lower. The circumstances of it's use are really rare, but it looks awesome if you do it :p

PortCity

Smash Ace
SOOoooo...I'm over here making this combo video for myself and I feel like I'm making one for Joker. Every clip I do something cool, if i wait 5 seconds, Joker does something cool right after me :-P. I am also convinced Joker needs to go to college and be a physics / chemistry major specializing in explosives. The stuff he does with them and the angles he sends people make NO sense.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I haven't been playing anything but hisoutensoku/SWR lately. Its pretty fun. >:

Its okay though. All loli's play the same, so I'm essentially readying myself for Rachel when I get back to BB eventually.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I haven't been playing anything but hisoutensoku/SWR lately. Its pretty fun. >:

Its okay though. All loli's play the same, so I'm essentially readying myself for Rachel when I get back to BB eventually.
You can't steal my char. Kudou gave me the title to play Rachel.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
just curious

i don't play brawl anymore, but i was wondering if i could enter for say 5 dollars?

its money in the pot, and if i do happen to win you can take away half the winnings, as i won't win considering i play falcon only.

too legit to quit?

BOLT08

Smash Lord
You quit brawl? I was unaware.

All I've been playing lately is Arkham Asylum. That game is ****ing amazing.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Wtf? Whats all this BB talk on Smash boards? Am I in the right place?
Yeah it's what people are talking right now kinda when we where talking about pokemon for a while >.<

SOOoooo...I'm over here making this combo video for myself and I feel like I'm making one for Joker. Every clip I do something cool, if i wait 5 seconds, Joker does something cool right after me :-P. I am also convinced Joker needs to go to college and be a physics / chemistry major specializing in explosives. The stuff he does with them and the angles he sends people make NO sense.
Lol I should, but yeah I know what you mean however you could use some of those clips for the credits, by the way I should finish mine I'm pretty much done with it I just need to a couple of scenes and clean it up a little and should be done ^.^

We should have a pokemon tournament here also! It'll be fun :D
Actually I was thinking of having KOF12 and TMNT Smash-Up this time around o.0

just curious

i don't play brawl anymore, but i was wondering if i could enter for say 5 dollars?

its money in the pot, and if i do happen to win you can take away half the winnings, as i won't win considering i play falcon only.

too legit to quit?
You sound just like Tacoom

All I've been playing lately is Arkham Asylum. That game is ****ing amazing.
I needz to get that, what I really like about that game is that they are using the voice overs from Batman The Animated Series, you can play as the Joker on the PS3 and Harley Quinn is in it <3
I want to rev up my Harley broom broom ^.^

PortCity

Smash Ace
Check out a fellow Diddy Kong player put the hurting on Ally's Snake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOIej...e=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mONr6...eature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Pqv...eature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp-Ez...eature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sHAa...eature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKFgy...eature=channel

I see a few differences between ADHD and me. I predict, have better mind games, and make better decisions than he does, but he is faster, has better control and has a better banana game. I actually learned something watching this set, which normally doesn't happen when looking at most other Diddy players :-\...

Top Bottom