• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Peeks living with Joker? Madness.

Can I come live with Joker too? I need a harddrive to house my new Omnisphere.
Not till you're 18 Blank.
This is kinda true but maybe you could be an exception since you haven't fallen of the stairs yet(Jason >.<)

lol... But yeah, im super pumped about it, it is seriously going to be the best thing ever, Zash is super envious.
Is like you won't miss any tourneys you will get to go to OoS tourneys and you get to play with the Joker <(^.^<)

oh and as for saturday could you guys wait untill like 9:30 to do the side tournys cuz i wana enter TMNT...how about it?
Errrrrr maybe mainly cause I'm on a tight schedule this time around and need to finish the tourney before 1-2, but I'm pretty sure the TMNT tourney shouldn't take long cause I want to record it also XP

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Jin is already good. You dont want this game to be as unbalanced as it already is do you? I mean, cmon. We dont want another Brawl on our hands.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Errrrrr maybe mainly cause I'm on a tight schedule this time around and need to finish the tourney before 1-2, but I'm pretty sure the TMNT tourney shouldn't take long cause I want to record it also XP
Sweet! That means we'll have the videos so everyone will think we're the best!

I am thinking about tagging Raphael/Nightwatcher. That way I'm still only playing one character!

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Joker make sure to update your stage list before the tournament. No Green Greens, Pipes, Port Town Aero Drive, or Hanenbow. I think that was all of them....

We should plan a tentative outline for tournament start times. I was thinking:

Brawl Doubles ($10)/ Melee Doubles ($1): 2:00PM - 4:00PM

Brawl Singles ($10) / Melee Singles ($5/$10?): 3:30PM - Finish.

Blazblue ($5): 7:00/8:00PM - Finish

TMNT: ($1): 8:00/9:00PM - Finish

Obviously it won't work out that smoothly but at least we would have something to aim at.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
So you do want the game to be broken lol.

EDIT: Take Green Greens off of Melee Counter list also. Whoever brought that up for Melee is an idiot.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Jin is THE most annoying character in the game.

Get rid of that stupid wiggle mechanic or remove him from the game. Also make him look like less...bad.

Arakune gets even more curses.
Nu gets new directions to spam D with.
Rachel gets a giant frog that takes up the entire screen.
The rest of the cast gets their legs broken.

Uli

Smash Champion
that would be neat if all this new crap was downloadable but i doubt it -_-

also yay for brawl taking out those stupid counter picks, im starting to like brawl lil more (not really)

Dekline42

Smash Ace
Noel is THE most annoying character in the game.
fixed
Get rid of that stupid wiggle mechanic or remove him from the game.
It's easy to get out of, less qq
Arakune gets even more curses.
At least there's gonna be some variety to his gayness
Nu gets new directions to spam D with.
Sweet
Rachel gets a giant frog that takes up the entire screen.
Weird
The rest of the cast gets their legs broken.
Sweet

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Do you need any set ups Joker? I can bring a Wii/Brawl if you need it.
Yes please do cause of right now I have 3 TVs but no Wii/Brawl ^.^

Sweet! That means we'll have the videos so everyone will think we're the best!

I am thinking about tagging Raphael/Nightwatcher. That way I'm still only playing one character!
Exactly plus I should be the first one to have a TMNT tourney >w<
And Raphael/Nightwatcher wouldn't that cause a time paradox XP
Also I'm using Karai for sure and either Donatello or April, hell I'll have use Venus if she was in the game <3

Joker make sure to update your stage list before the tournament. No Green Greens, Pipes, Port Town Aero Drive, or Hanenbow. I think that was all of them....

We should plan a tentative outline for tournament start times. I was thinking:

Brawl Doubles ($10)/ Melee Doubles ($1): 2:00PM - 4:00PM

Brawl Singles ($10) / Melee Singles ($5/$10?): 3:30PM - Finish.

Blazblue ($5): 7:00/8:00PM - Finish

TMNT: ($1): 8:00/9:00PM - Finish

Obviously it won't work out that smoothly but at least we would have something to aim at.
Those times are like the ones I use except for 1hr early point being it always ends up taking forever which is why I'm doing both Singles/Doubles sign ups at the same time, this way if people go out to eat we won't have to wait for them to sign up and just start the brackets then have them play when they get here.

Also the stage list is edited >.0
I'm keeping Hanenbow for the mean time mainly cause is only for Doubles plus no one picks it(Jlo, Blank) XP

EDIT: Take Green Greens off of Melee Counter list also. Whoever brought that up for Melee is an idiot.
But I like that stage is where I CP if they banned Dream Land T.T
Seriously though if you guys wanted banned that's fine, however Great Bay(Doubles Only) is staying no matter what ^.^;

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this was really hard to decide, but the last 2 times I have done it we end up with barely 4 teams and in a way is not fair to the people who drive 2-4hrs to come to this tourney only to have 4 teams.
who has to leave early if we have doubles later? if there are 2 or more teams then i completely understand.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
New moves look cool, but feel like they should've been there in the first place. Look's like Jin is going to have some annoying new freeze reversal, and I like the new stage and the other NOL lady's design.

Edit: Lol looks like she'll play like May without dolphins or something.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Wall O text. :laugh:
I may be going to joker's but the only thing I WOULD enter is tmnt smash up. The reason being is that shadbad has "our" copy of blazblue and I can't pratice really, plus if continum shift comes out I might just wait for that AND......TvC is nearing release so i'm gonna play that before TvC:UAS comes out.

I got my wii downgraded to 3.2u and got a cios installed, now usb loader is working. I haven't been reading smashboards until today as i've been busy with wii games. XD

I'm downloading TMNT nao so I will see about joining that if I like it, If I end up not joining anything I'll probably bring a brawl setup and mostly use it for wii games and stuff while tourneys are going, and i'll play casuals in BB and Brawl.

Q: Does anyone here like the Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen games? (a.k.a. clash of ninja)

I'm pretty good and I dled shippuden ex3 foar wii so I'll bring that if I go for lulz and I might bring shadbad and a few others to pleh it and stuffs.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
fixed

It's easy to get out of, less qq

At least there's gonna be some variety to his gayness

Sweet

Weird

Sweet

No.

Noel is not the most annoying. OMGBLOCK a drive and poke her.

It's easy to get out of the first few times. Show me a person who fights Jin's even semi-regularly and hasn't been caught in a gray combo because you don't have the wrist of god and I'll show you...oh what's it matter nobody like that exists. I never said it was hard to get out of. I said get rid of it because it's ****ing ********.

There is some debate about what's going on, people are thinking that bear claw thing is the new C bug. Instead of a new way to curse, because if it's a way to curse and he's standing in a neutral position that's an insanely short recovery time.

Now instead of just 1-9 you also get 10 11 and 12. Altering Space.

It's a REALLY big frog. And all you do is press D and it wins. It's cool.

From what I hear, some members like Haku and Tager also lose their limbs entirely.

Now for real news :

Q&A with Producer Mori Toshimichi

Q: What kind of character is Tsubaki?
A: She should be easy for new players to pick up. She has a lot of multi hit moves. Also there is another new character.

Q: How will the current characters abilities be adjusted?
A: We are heavily looking over the system mechanics. There will be character adjustments based on that. Keep a look out for "beginner mode" which will make it easier to do specials and supers.

Q: Give us one final comment please.
A: We're trying to not balance it for beginners or high level players, we're trying to figure out what makes the game "FUN", we appreciate your support. The story will be closer to the core. Of course fully voiced.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
personally i dont really think that noel is that hard to play against. i've played some good noels online before that doesnt d-spam but actually does combos and i didnt think that it she was that difficult but thats just me

Dekline42

Smash Ace
Yes. Noel is the most annoying char, because she makes annoying noises and does nothing but jab for shield pressure.
Glad you agree.

And ya know all u gotta do is press back and forward 6 times within like a second to break freeze...

If thats ******** then they should probably make teching grabs automatic too, since u should never have to react to a problem in competitive play

If you haven't figured it out yet I'm trolling to get my post count up

Uli

Smash Champion
ya'll worryn to much about dis shiiiiit

GG has a lot of wiggling like you do against jin iirc

§chizm

Smash Lord
Well I don't counterpick either of those stages so I agree (well I guess I counterpicked Japes that one time I tried to time out Majik. lolz).

Also I like how all my counterpicks in Brawl have been taken away from me. Damnit.
Wait why is Green Greens banned in Brawl?

If Europe is supposed to get new char(s) when BB comes out over there, are those the same chars that are going to be in the sequel?

Broken chars are fun.
You make it wayyyy to easy for us to give you shit.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
WOW i wana enter TMNT smash up...=( could you guys wait till i get there to do it??? PLOX!!!! ill be there around 9:30ish....also i wish i could make the brawl tourny but i have to work 8 hours that day..-_-

oh yea games for tomorrow could you guys wait till i get to jokers to go?? cuz ill get there around 7:30 the latest???

§chizm

Smash Lord
WOW i wana enter TMNT smash up...=( could you guys wait till i get there to do it??? PLOX!!!! ill be there around 9:30ish....also i wish i could make the brawl tourny but i have to work 8 hours that day..-_-

oh yea games for tomorrow could you guys wait till i get to jokers to go?? cuz ill get there around 7:30 the latest???
I don't even know where games are happening tomorrow. It might just be at Joker's but I haven't heard from anyone.

Top Bottom