• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Damn, good showing QRS, wish I would have came so things would have been more interesting, but I almost set the world record in MM1 tonight, 1st night of actual practice :)

Auras monthlies are looking more and more legit, you IC and CR people should come use it as a warm up for Jokers on the 26th.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Cyberdyne Systems (BPOW/PCITY) - BPOW there is this nasty rumor floating around that some old guy in Ames has been teaching you how to play. Are you going to address these rumors? Also, can he teach me? Good stuff winning 1st and 3rd. Are you going to make a Skynet Guide on the Wario Boards? It would be cool to see what you write about it!

MOTHER Gear Solid (Joker/Yink) - Hehehe, my favorite brawl married couple :) - (Sorry Cook & Nicole you guys get second :-D) As much as I don't support you going Wolf Joker, it was a smart choice. You knew we were gonna run "Skynet" so what better way to stop it than choose 2 characters that could force Bpx out the sky :). Yink it was fun playing with and against you. You got quite a few spikes on me :-\ ... that's why I'm mad :-D

Can't Let You Do That (Zephyros/QRS) : You guys are getting better. You guys just need to work on your teamwork and coordinating attacks. Zephyros, you got to learn how to boost pivot grab if you don't know already. I saw a situation in the tourney during loser's finals where had you boosted, you would have probably taken a stock off joker's wolf at the very beginning of the match. Here are 2 quick videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP3CvxBzqE0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbW1zOvrnIs&feature=related

Overall congrats and keep up the good work.

Twink/Mook: We didn't fight you guys this time, I don't think. But i saw one of you guys matches. You guys are running Snake and MK so we all better watch out now cause it looks like you guys were getting the hang of it. Nice 2 on 1, I don't know which one of you played snake but you had a nice comeback against Zeph and Qrs.

Scarlet Phoenix(Saros/Musrooming): I didn't play you guys, but I saw you so that is good enough :)

BDJOE/Zeal: I didn't play you guys or meet you I don't think (maybe I just don't know your nicknames). I'll try to introduce myself next time.

Team Gimp(ed) (Wang/NoM): Hahaha, I'm going to chew you two out when I see ya'll next time hahahaha :-D

Team Sandbag (Dr. Slash/Nick): GG in brackets guys. Keep practicing and playing!

@Iowa: This was a nice little event. Looks like Iowa is getting a little better. We have an astronomical long way to go before we can even remotely think about challenging any other state in a crew battle. However, all isn't lost keep practicing and keep playing. At least till MVC3 comes out hahaha.

Kuares

Pizza
BPx: You weren't predictable enough for our last games to not go into Tiebreaker. Last match was pretty easy compared to the first one though. Good games, other than the two instances of Splashwomen playing -_-

Colin(username?): Hope you learn how to go against Falco for the next tournament. Next time I see you, I want to see improvement.

Joker: Thanks for showing, and for the advice on match-ups and tournament'ing.

Ngamer: There really should have been more Streetfighter players. Thanks for running the side tournaments, I really enjoyed Blazblue. Thanks for driving to get the Ps3.

PortCity: Thanks for coming for doubles. We need to practice more teams at Joker's at work on our coordination(first real time entering a doubles tournament). I'll wait for you to get that picture up.

Saros: Great job winning Blazblue and thanks for teaming with Mushrooming. It's always good seeing you show up.

Soran: Thanks for bringing your friends along and for letting us use your Ps3.

Twink: Really close matches were had. I should've had you on Battlefield that second match. Third match was stupidly close. Now, go practice Yoshi's Island.

Yink: Thanks for making everybody sick...jk. Mario Party next time.

Zephyros: Wish the other two Cornellians had gone. Good games in doubles, let's practice more when we get to Joker's.

Opinions on the Stage Select system were pretty good overall. It worked well for a Best of 3. It made people think about their counter picks and had a different momentum than normal matches. I have to think of a better way to do best of 5 though because it didn't feel right. I dunno.

Whoever had the set-up in the kitchen, the last round of me and Twink saved on that Wii. If that match could get put on youtube that'd be sweet.

Hope in another month or so I could have another one of these. Thanks for everyone who made this a successful tournament. :)

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
Joker: You whooped me pretty hard...with like every character in the game; those were fun matches though and I learned quite a bit. I've got a long way to go still, and I hope to meet up with you again in doubles after I get more practice.

Yink: More matches on JJ for the lolz

Portcity: I really respect your diddy. Having a monkey jump on my face and throw a banana on me five times in a row (or something like that) was something to behold. You gave me tons of great advise, and I'll work on learning the boost pivot grab.

QRS: Great tourney man, kudos on your placing, and we will work more on doubles.

Ngamer: GG man, our matches were really close and quite enjoyable.

Nom: if you're lurking, falco loves you; watch a few videos of the match up and things will probably go better next time around.

@everybody else: casual matches (singles and doubles) were tons of fun, there are a few of you I didn't get to play, but hopefully I'll see you soon.

@gamegenie I go to the school Cornell, hence cornellians. not to be confused with cornerians who i guess would be fox/falco/wolf players

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Joker: You whooped me pretty hard...with like every character in the game; those were fun matches though and I learned quite a bit. I've got a long way to go still, and I hope to meet up with you again in doubles after I get more practice.

Yink: More matches on JJ for the lolz

Portcity: I really respect your diddy. Having a monkey jump on my face and throw a banana on me five times in a row (or something like that) was something to behold. You gave me tons of great advise, and I'll work on learning the boost pivot grab.

QRS: Great tourney man, kudos on your placing, and we will work more on doubles.

Ngamer: GG man, our matches were really close and quite enjoyable.

Nom: if you're lurking, falco loves you; watch a few videos of the match up and things will probably go better next time around.

@everybody else: casual matches (singles and doubles) were tons of fun, there are a few of you I didn't get to play, but hopefully I'll see you soon.

@gamegenie I go to the school Cornell, hence cornellians. not to be confused with cornerians who i guess would be fox/falco/wolf players
Yea I haven't done much with that match up so next time we play i hope it will go better lol.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Damn, good showing QRS, wish I would have came so things would have been more interesting, but I almost set the world record in MM1 tonight, 1st night of actual practice :)

Auras monthlies are looking more and more legit, you IC and CR people should come use it as a warm up for Jokers on the 26th.
Team gimp(ed) will **** you at JJ don't worry we counter pick that all day. :p

PortCity

Smash Ace
Can someone post the picture for me? I don't have an imageshack account or anything like that. If someone PMs me their email i can send the pic to them and they can post it.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Seems like nothing is going on in here so let me liven it up a bit. I found an old rap I wrote one day screwing around with my little brother. The beat and the flow match:

Drake - Man of the Year (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yofUF43CJ9U)

Enjoy the lolz :) This will be especially funny for people who know or play with me a lot :-D

Diddy of the Year - PortCity (DMI Records: Greg Dang CEO)

Dang, I done walked in here ,
looking like the mothertouchin’ Diddy of the Year,
You’d Think I had the mothertoucin’ plan of the year,
Which was simply To make my enemies sliiiiip on my peeeeeeeels,
and my barrels explode with fire,
… if Andy’s around I’ll hit you with a tire,
I’m too faaaaast, the timer won’t expire,
The matches seem close but I always come out higher,
Dang ..that punch line was predictable,
I’m still cancelling popguns …………..looking cool,
And the spike will leave you smelling like barrel fueeeeeel,
So I D-air you to get close Spiked….. like a fool,
Believe or not, I win a lot,
it don’t even matter if my slot is … last or not,
and I got more combos than ryu got,
and a dash attack to get me out a tight spot
what’s that flyin' pop?
hear that cough man?
They got sick! Went straight into orbit, man!
Did you get it? my barrels went into orbit,
Or was it way over your head,
You should forfeit,
Yeah... I charge a peanut in your face quick,
I hope your up b got…a lot of lift,
Yeah… It is an issue I only play Brawl,
But I still got enough tech skill to get passed ya’ll
My diddy is creative, he always stands tall,
You never see me stuck in freefall,
Always get suspicious when you see me craaaaawl,
If my partner need help they know who to call,
DiDDY!

[Chorus]

Dang, I done walked in here,
looking like the mothertouchin’ Diddy of the Year,
my fur’s do dark,
and my hat’s on right,
my buddy in my hands wants to end this fight,
like, round one, round two, round three,
I told you never ever spot dodge round me,
Cause ain’t diddy like a sibe+b diddy,
No ain’t no diddy like me,
Ya dig!?!

[Verse 2]

I said I know you see me chilling, ready to press Z,
If I see I got the timing I might press… up B,
All the girls that play Brawl… I call them sweetie!
Cutie Pie, Sweetheart, or just plain Baaabyyyyyy!
I start up when the boy says GO! Just…
Let your controller hit the flo’!
Soon as I finish winning we can play some mo’
Check the stats …3 kills ,no falls…. your emotions get LOW!
Diddy’s all around!
I see the coooode!
I predict your roll!
You don’t d-tilt?
I can highly recommend it.
Everyone gets 'nana locked, so don't even get offended,
Just, keep, getting hit, it's the obvious decision.
You're gonna roll away ...that's.... a given,
plus the smash is fresh
and I know its hitting
now i'm thinkin moves ahead, my combo, ain't no defendin'
My mind games are strong
I'm getting in the zone,
and if my partner can use bananas you'll scream OH NO!
When I z-drop , im gonna hit you in the dome!
You'll think I'm gonna die, but I'll just land on Krome
Run away when you see me,
your offense got blown,
I predict what your gonna do, then call it out to make it known
your partner understands,
you gonna have to switch,
cause you looking like a fooool and i ain't runnin out of tricks, silly Witch!
Whoa...and Diddy's driving Crazy!
Are you the type of person that Diddys Driving Crazy?!
I did it on the fly ...it was so amaaaaaaaaaaazin'
and when you got bananas,
you ain't gotta learn spacin'!

[Chorus]

Dang, I done walked in here,
looking like the mothertouchin’ Player of the Year,
my fur’s do dark,
and my hat’s on right,
my buddy in my hands wants to end this fight,
like, round one, round two, round three,
I told you never ever spot dodge round me,
Cause ain’t diddy like a sibe+b diddy,
No ain’t no diddy like me,
Ya dig!?!

PortCity

Smash Ace
Pcity finally put that rap out :)

Yeah, slow news day :). The first verse is "aight". But I like the second one a lot. I'm still doing most of the stuff I rapped about what...1.5 years ago:"I predict what your gonna do, then call it out to make it known", I'm still hitting people with tires :-D, and I am still blaming bananas as the reason I still haven't learned spacing.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
CBK, if I come to Joker's tournament on the 26th, want to team again? =)
it depends if u want a partner like me again..>_< but im not sure yet it depends if joker does his singles or doubles first since i work and wont be able to make it untill like last time...so not sure yet.>_<

PortCity

Smash Ace
@CBK: It is highly likely ala 99% that doubles will be second and singles will be first. Joker is teaming with me again and I won't be there till I think 6 pm.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
It's MARVEL BABY!!!

So yeah awesome games last Saturdays tourneys was really fun it was nice talking to everyone GG all around and hope to see you guys again at the next one ^.^

Hey, for all those that care i still have yet to die, yay.

Also got a new computer comming in a week or so, which means i can actually get on the boards moar than once a lifetime.
I care. It's always nice hearing from you <3

Joker, what is that song medley you have on pictochat o.O?
I think you may be talking about the Nico Nico Douga Medley which is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHXmlvq0i5I&feature=related

Now I have two starting points for that song you may have notice, one is the whole 10mins the other starts halfway or so, so on the link above skip to around 3:55 and that's the other.

Can someone post the picture for me? I don't have an imageshack account or anything like that. If someone PMs me their email i can send the pic to them and they can post it.
Well if you just want to upload it you don't have to have an account at Imageshack, it's free unless you thinking of Photobucket o.0

I like I'm the CEO of DMI Records. :laugh:
lol it only makes sense >.<

Splashwoman is hotter
^This <3

Also guys I thnk next tourney should be Feb. 26th since I haven't heard anyone having a problem with it besides maybe Cook since his birthday is that day I believe but all the other days are taken so sorry mang >.0

gantrain05

Smash Master
i'd take splashwoman out for a nice seafood dinner.

on another note, my uncles funeral was yesterday which sucks big time, but it also means that i will actually have free time again since now i wont be so busy.

BPx

Smash Lord
So, I was thinking that it would be cool to have a bi-weekly or something on the 12th perhaps? A good warm-up for the actual monthly for some people and just another small iowa event for people to come to. Just an idea, thought it would be fun >_>

BOLT08

Smash Lord
So, I was thinking that it would be cool to have a bi-weekly or something on the 12th perhaps? A good warm-up for the actual monthly for some people and just another small iowa event for people to come to. Just an idea, thought it would be fun >_>
This should happen. And if it does, I will bring my N64, SSB, and controllers. and I will MM people. Sets of 5

Soran

Smash Ace
shitty

I can't make games thursday. I have at least one interview already on Friday.

f*ck.
It would be cool to see you at the monthly at least >_>

sounds fun. Not sure if I'd be able to make them though.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So this is the same day as THE NERDTRON SLUMBER PARTY: AN 8-BIT DREAM(ALL AGES)

I think the entire state of Nebraska is going to John if it's the 26th :/ Some people are even helping run it. So idk what that means, but if you guys have a bi-weekly the 12th-13th or whatever maybe we could have a NE/IA thing at ur place Joker since Auras is gonna be the next week and you'll be up for that

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Update: rained for the first time here.

Christian, you still using my computer? Just curious.

I so cant wait to get out of here and back home. It sucks so bad not being able to just go out and chill. Lock yourself in a cage for a few days and you will get it lol. Watching air gear again doesnt help that feeling at all either lol.

Top Bottom