• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

resTy

Smash Champion
We should do amateur crews where we don't use our Top 2 guys.
Iowa doesn't get Joker and Blank and Nebraska can't use Tyser or Trent.
Should make for interesting crews, in all real. I'll be the designated hype man.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I am totally love this idea. With no very good entries it be for lulz and amateurs be encouraged to participate. Please?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Assuming this happens on saturday...is Iowa going to have enough reps to even do a 4-4 crew battle without joker or blank?

resTy

Smash Champion
They will have Greg, Chris, Brandon and Colin.
We'll have Rob, Dark Yosh?, Smeesh?, Mexi?, Uli?, Rob's friends?, Thug?, Aura?, Genie?.

§chizm

Smash Lord
This guy knows Wolf Fang Fist and has his own theme???!!!

Edit: Ok, so we know about this weekend's driving arrangements, who is going to HD: Remix? I want to know in case if I have to drive.
He also has Talbain's colors.
Of course he has his own theme? All the new chars have their own theme.

Assuming this happens on saturday...is Iowa going to have enough reps to even do a 4-4 crew battle without joker or blank?
Ugh. I guess I'll do it. I'm going to be very homosexual about it though.
Draft crews would still probably be better.

I need people with cars to give Zach and Curtis a ride up to Ames on Saturday. Who can do this for me?
We're all going to be in Nebraska.

Jayford

Smash Lord
I was watching apex crews and the commentators were talking about how since there was no time limit no one is forced to approach. So characters like Toon Link could just run away the entire time even if they were losing. I lold pretty hard.

THuGz

Smash Lord
We don't necessarily have to follow those rules exactly. And tbh i'm all for draft crews, that way we can have more smaller crews without regional restrictions

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
We don't necessarily have to follow those rules exactly. And tbh i'm all for draft crews, that way we can have more smaller crews without regional restrictions
I like this idea. If we are going to do crews we need to make sure more of Iowa can compete and get more hype, etc...

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
If anything I can enter with a random char >.<

I need people with cars to give Zach and Curtis a ride up to Ames on Saturday. Who can do this for me?
If I go on Thursday it's probably going to be separate because I'm going to be in Ankeny doing lab work until like 7 most likely.
^This plus I'm not even sure who's driving. . . . . . . . . . Love o.0

CBK do you check this? Did you wanna ride with Me/Colin/Joker?
I talked to him today said he had work.
Jlo come on man I know you still check the boards.

Greg is leaving Saturday morning and I believe you and I are riding with him.
Brandon is taking a separate car with him, Colin, and Christian and whoever else I guess.
Tyser has school stuff to work on so he'd rather not have people over Friday night.
Well I was going to go with them Friday but guess that changed >.<

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Nebraska vs Iowa crews would be legit and I'm in support of it also I hope no one forget to bring their PKMN's and PBR this saturday.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Nebraska vs Iowa crews would be legit and I'm in support of it also I hope no one forget to bring their PKMN's and PBR this saturday.
Why would we bring Pabst Blue Ribbon?

The official Nebraska power rankkkinggs:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287217

Also, I think it'd be cool to do a NE vs IA crew without the top 2s.
We can always do that and then do a draft crew or something. At least that way everyone who wants to participate in this shit can.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Have you seen Texas' PR!!!??? Its insane!

Bonehimer
Bonehimer Jr.
Bonehimer III
Bonehimer IV
Bonehimer Prime

THuGz

Smash Lord
I'm still for draft crews of 4 or 5, that way we can get like 4 teams or so, and that way the mizzou guys can enter as a crew or with friends from OOS or whatever, the point is draft would be easier to get to work

PS: Ideally I would be all for doing regional crews then draft crews but do we have enough time? well if we wanted to start at 5:30 or 6 to give time for guys in lincoln i guess we would. And that way we can have draft crews that have awesome crew names.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Whos going to Ames this thursday and what time?

I've kinda got a sharp immense pain in my throat right now, so I might have to see a doctor tomorrow, since my mom was an idiot about getting an appointment today.

Anyways if its sometime after 3 it probably won't be that big a deal.

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
There is a Smashfest this Sunday, September 26th at Cornell College (600 First Street SW, Mount Vernon, IA 52314).

The Smashfest starts at 4:00 pm and will end approximately at 11pm. It is currently to be held in my suite, but if there is a large interest (where we would need more than 3 systems), I'll reserve a larger space in one of the buildings. We've got two good sized tvs and two wiis (under the assumption that kuares is bringing his wii). Attendance will probably be small, so don't worry too much about coming from far away; not all of us can make it out to Nebraska's wonderful monthly. If you plan on coming, just let me know so I know how many people to expect. We'll probably order pizza or do something about dinner at some point, seeing as you can't smash on an empty stomach.

There is a link to a map below; park in the visitor parking area behind the commons (#29), I'll be waiting on the top level of the commons by the info desk.

http://www.cornellcollege.edu/about-cornell/images/maps/campus-map.pdf

Current attendees are myself, ngamer, kuares, and 3-4 Cornell students.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Whos going to Ames this thursday and what time?

I've kinda got a sharp immense pain in my throat right now, so I might have to see a doctor tomorrow, since my mom was an idiot about getting an appointment today.

Anyways if its sometime after 3 it probably won't be that big a deal.
Yes, this needs to be answered. Does someone have extra space in their car for 2 people?

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Hey greg, check your inbox on srk.

Is anyone able to bring a laptop+sc2? I can bring mine and if we have wireless and stuff we can get some sc2 going or something.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
What is going on today in Ames? I might actually show up. Although I've been up since 5 this morning cause I had to drop the gf off at DSM airport, and I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep. But I'd be down for some games.

When?
Where?
What games? Someone bring melee.
I can bring 64 smash, and will whoop some @$$

PortCity

Smash Ace
Hey greg, check your inbox on srk.

Is anyone able to bring a laptop+sc2? I can bring mine and if we have wireless and stuff we can get some sc2 going or something.
Nawl, there is no free internet in the clubhouse. Sorry...

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Everyone: I got the clubhouse, so if ya'll decide to brave the weather we can chill out and play in there. I'll need some young bucks to haul my tv to the place. Weather man says that it should be done by 12, so as long as we play until then...we will be fine :-D

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I'm sorry people I lied, I unfortunately will not be able to make it today. I had class from 9-4 today, nonstop and I'm exhausted. I have a lot of errands to run and I need to get some studying done. Next Thursday I should be done with my exams though.

Soran

Smash Ace
what's going on people? ( :,

brawlfest!? WHERE!? I need to get my f'n license already! sheesh!
my license to kill.... >.>

but anyway. I need my driving license! xD *18 and can't drive*

people need to inbox me or fw messages to people in IA for brawlfests.

I really REALLY need to train. I mean, I've been playing blazblue so much.
I need to brawl it up. back to wifi training *sigh*

but hey, it got me to where I am today.

Top Bottom