• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
yeah i'd most likely get my arse kicked by beatmania, but i just prefer the genre of music in the GH games so thats what i play, but none of the games are anything like playing a real instrument, i mean i picked up GH and was winning tournies after like 2 weeks practice, but i've been playing guitar since 2003 and i still suck lol.
This so hard. I used to be a music major, and for that very reason I can't play Rockband's drumset. Which is cool, because real drumset is infinitely more entertaining than any of those crap games.

Soran

Smash Ace
I know I was looking forward to Mahvel, baby .-.
more practice, I guess.

<3

So I'm taking a break from my break from Melee.
Is there any chance Melee will be played at all at Joker's?
or did we just quit that completely?

If Cedar Rapids does games, we should do a little melee in the middle.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tourney canceled due to rave/video games in Omaha.

Also, they are replacing Melee with MVC3, Iowa is tired of losing all its money to Nebraska.

Soran

Smash Ace
I know there is no more tournament.. but can't there be like a setup for people to play melee still?
I'd probably only play after because it seriously messes up my Brawl game (which I cherish more since I have absolutely no skill at melee as I'd like to)

Kuares

Pizza
Tyser(whatever account you're using) I'm going to be going with Ngamer to the Con so if you're showing I'll still be able to buy the Wii.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I can't make games tonight or thursday. But I could do Tuesday or Wednesday. I've got 2 exams this week.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
I wish this thread was like it was 2 years ago where it was actually amusing.
Hey, i was here then. Awesome.

still workin on it for some odd reason. im doin a lot more work that i thought it would take. freakin technology and its complications
Yeah, that thing is a $hitter. I lost the restoration discs long ago otherwise i would have given them to Christian. Putting your foot through the screen would have results me thinks.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Debo: Well homey you are semi in luck, cause it looks like Wednesday and or Tuesday are that only days I'm going to be available also. So if we go it will be one of those days or both.

BPx

Smash Lord
So I guess if I'm going to organize that biweekly this week I'll start now >.<

Joker is it ok if we have it at your place?
Who would be able to come (Eastern Iowa/Omaha?)?
What time?

I think it would be this Saturday, so 2/12

ngamer3k

Smash Ace

Who would be able to come (Eastern Iowa/Omaha?)?
What time?

I think it would be this Saturday, so 2/12
Well, basically I won't be able to come and thus not give any rides if I'm going to be there during the week for some sort of Marvel thing. Our SRK thread has no idea who is hosting this so called "release party." They mentioned your place, Joker. A head's up. Yeah, I'm still not talking to them so yeah I'm not posting there.

ATTN: Here's my interview with Kuares. Everyone should read it, because I say so.

http://ngamer3k-stocktank.blogspot.com/2011/02/post-mortem-hpilc-interview-with.html

PortCity

Smash Ace
It seems to me that Joker will hold his tourney IF people show intent to come. We normally don't do this, but it might be smart to have a "confirmed/expected" list of people who are interested in showing and participating. If Nebraska can't show up, but other states can, then I'm sure Joker will still have his tourney. So I guess, who all is planning on coming ASSUMING the tournament is NOT cancelled? I'll be there for doubles, as usual.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Hey, Blake. You should interview me, if I ever do decent at a local tournament, on my insight on games. You have to quote everything I say exactly though otherwise it won't be as funny xD

P.S. My avatar is fucking adorable. GOD DAYUM!

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Hey, Blake. You should interview me, if I ever do decent at a local tournament, on my insight on games. You have to quote everything I say exactly though otherwise it won't be as funny xD

P.S. My avatar is fucking adorable. GOD DAYUM!
Hey, that actually sounds interesting. We can set something up once I run out of other ideas for posts, or yeah if you do something in a tournament. =)

Speaking of- Yeah Joker, I was hoping to grab you for an interview.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: Since I see you lurking here, go ahead and start a list of people. That way you can make an informed decision come the end of the week.

I got a prediction for Project M after watching a few videos. If Brawl players and Melee players both get into Project M...Brawl players will dominate the scene. Tech skill requires practice and you will need it to play Project M, but Brawl players have had 3 years to learn and think about playing Brawl without the assistance of added mobility and L-Cancelable moves. That means that Brawl players will be like "that situation in Brawl I used to be in and couldn't do crap but airdodge, now I can attack and L-Cancel...'oh hell yeah'". Pretty much the Melee tech skill and combo style is easy to learn. It is the Brawl, know what move in what situation and when style, that is gonna hella shock a lot of these Melee players. I also doubt Melee players will know how to stop camping tactics, cause even though the game is faster characters like Wario and Diddy are still gonna be able to camp to their hearts desire. Brawl forced people to come up with strategies and tactics to make up for the fact their character couldn't cope with certain situations. Take away those situations, but leave the tactics and that is gonna open up a flood gate of madness, particularly from the Brawl folks.

@Blank: OMG How did they port the stages so beautifully? Those stages are near PERFECT replicas except in "HD".

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

lol I was actually going to mention this since is this week but who's all coming to this Grinnell where you at >.<

Is the tourney cancelled?
Yes. Actually I still have to talk to Ngamer about that other tourney but pretty sure I'm canceling this month sorry.

ATTN: Here's my interview with Kuares. Everyone should read it, because I say so.

http://ngamer3k-stocktank.blogspot.com/2011/02/post-mortem-hpilc-interview-with.html
DONE.

It seems to me that Joker will hold his tourney IF people show intent to come. We normally don't do this, but it might be smart to have a "confirmed/expected" list of people who are interested in showing and participating. If Nebraska can't show up, but other states can, then I'm sure Joker will still have his tourney. So I guess, who all is planning on coming ASSUMING the tournament is NOT cancelled? I'll be there for doubles, as usual.
Actually it has nothing to do with that for one there really isn't any reason to do a confirmed list it's not like anyone cares I mean the people that come to my tourneys or check this thread will already know who's all coming. The reason why I'm canceling is cause there's an MvC3 tourney that day and for those that don't know I want to start playing an ACTUAL fighter for a while now I tried TvC but that game just died at least here on the states same goes for King Of Fighters (KOF) which is sad cause I love those games T.T however pretty sure MvC3 will do fine so yeah.

LOL Joker went Wolf?
LIES.

Speaking of- Yeah Joker, I was hoping to grab you for an interview.
Sounds fun.

@Joker: Since I see you lurking here.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also don't play project M if you really want to play something like Melee just play Melee

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: That's cool, I thought you were canceling it cause you didn't think people would show up. It's whatever, you are the boss.

BOLT08

Smash Lord

Yes. Actually I still have to talk to Ngamer about that other tourney but pretty sure I'm canceling this month sorry.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

This is lame, because of the MvC thing. Imo. People were looking forward to this tourney, and MvC3 won't even be out for that long for that tourney. There will be other tournaments, which can be said about both games. But I just feel like there is a lot more lost with no monthly than you not attending a MvC3 tourney.

Which you planned on holding a side MvC3 tourney at the monthly too right?

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Yeah see, I was hoping that maybe Greg would drive us or something on the 26th so I wouldn't have to drive for 5 hours. But if I do end up driving, Joker and Kuares both have spots in my car.

Honestly, I'm not sure how many people will enter MvC3 in Omaha, it could be a lot, but it could be very little, who knows.

Top Bottom