• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Saying Blazblue is a bad game and then saying you're gonna buy Marvel made me lol.
Marvel is a bad game, but its fun.

BlazBlue is an even worst game, and I've already said everything I could about it on Kuares' thread. Nuff said, fighting games are just ****ty things for people to get elitist and arrogant over anyways, so play the ones you can get off to or don't play them at all.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I like singles because it's revolved purely on individual skill. I don't like worrying about another person on my team getting ***** too. I also hate when I'm in the middle of **** and they get saved because another person came in and stopped my reign of terror. Basically, I just hate it when there are three or more cartoon characters on the screen because it feels random to me.

My hatred for teams began in 2007 or 2008 when I was playing Melee teams. I forgot if it was Ian or Fall or someone, but somebody who was a trash player wrecked house and ended up winning teams and then played singles and got completely bodied placing last or something. I was just like "Wow, even scrubs can win in teams..." It was something like that. There are also many cases of me getting 2v1'd that just increased my hate level for teams even further.

I've been told I'm pretty good in teams in Melee; dunno bout Brawl. Despite being decent at doubles, I still detest it and would rather not play the game at all. Only time I'll resort to playing teams is if someone REALLY wants to play doubles with me or if I don't care and just wanna practice; where I usually just practice individual skill anyways. When I'm in "I don't care" mode, I never help my partner and will often times kill them to make them not want to team anymore lol.
Pretty much this I specially understand the scrubs winning dubs part since it has happen to me before so Tyser and I have the same view of doubles. I'll say this though I do enjoy teaming with Sekou specially when is against OoS people sometimes I wish he could travel with us cause I'm pretty sure both of us could bring the gold home everytime <(^.^<)

I bought a PS3 for LittleBigPlanet, which was the only next-gen game besides Bayonetta that I found worth playing
I bought a PS3 because I wanted Gundam Extreme Vs. so badly. The port hasn't even been announced yet!
I bought my PS3 mainly for Metal Gear Solid 4 there was nothing there for a while but then Devil May Cry 4 came out and Resident Evil 5.

@Blank: If you haven't notice yet you left your phone at my place >.<

@Everyone: Since Brandon isn't going to Nebraska with us there's 1 open sit 2 if needed but yeah just wondering if anyone is interested >.> JLO

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Dang, I need to play Smash more. ROB and Ganon is too good. I've been screwing around in dubs with CPUs and Connor/friends, and even CPU Ganon + my ROB = wut levels of goodness.

You know, I think I heard somewhere that Sakurai wanted Ganon and ROB to be god tier chars (good job lol.) Maybe the secret is that their godliness is only brought out when their forces combine. Like power rangers, or captain planet. But slightly cooler.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Marvel is a bad game, but its fun.

BlazBlue is an even worst game, and I've already said everything I could about it on Kuares' thread. Nuff said, fighting games are just ****ty things for people to get elitist and arrogant over anyways, so play the ones you can get off to or don't play them at all.
Edit: I went to yell at you for ****** my language, but I didn't scroll down to see Tyser had already caught it until after I posted this.

Fish.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@Soran- >_> My brother is backseat driving my internet surf. He wants to know what anime that is in your sig.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
"BlazBlue is an even worse game," not "even worst game." I finally caught you slippin' bub.
If this was the first time, you probably don't read my posts very often.

I make these kinds of mistakes pretty often, and I love badly done run-on sentences, like this one.

English wasn't even my first language son, I just have an expanded vocabulary because I like to be concise.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Cut me some slack, I'm just some kid on the internet bro. All I wanna do is talk trash.

I'm secretly worse then Soran and Thugz combined.

Hamu hamu hamu, hamu hamu~

PortCity

Smash Ace
The irony is, I'm that scrub that you guys talk about that can win doubles but get bodied in singles…but anyway Brawl teams is a better game because for one more characters become viable. Ganon and Lucas just placed in our tourney. True, good players were behind them, but still doubles allows for characters with serious deficiencies to stand a chance. Combine that with gay 1 on 1 tactics that get omitted in teams, and you have a pretty good game. However, I will note that team tactics like “grab-regrab” , Pikachu-kirby, mk/Kirby-snake can break the game. That said, teams gives the game diversity and keeps it fresh. (There is a longer post I gave on why teams is better, I’ll find it and repost.)

(As if you asked) Presenting the PCITY’s List of teammates he has the most fun with:

*Disclaimer, this isn’t a power ranking. This is just an ordered list of how much fun I have on certain people’s team. Fun could be defined as “synergy, # of wins, style, lulz, whatever”. I have fun with everyone and will play on anyone’s teams. Just sometimes I have lots of fun playing with certain people. I’m sure this is everyone in Iowa / NE that I have teamed with in the past. If I forgot you, raise your hand and I’ll add you to the list.*

1. Mara (Extremely defensive while I’m extremely offensive. Creates havoc when you are forced to change your style completely depending on which one of us you are fighting. He stock tanks and does a good job of watching out for me. I love routinely watching my teammate have 2 stocks while the rest of us have one…that is Mara.)

1. Andy (He play Wario, I play Diddy. He raps, I sing. He fights in the air, I fight on the ground. He goes in first, I go in second. We swarm people. My best moments are when we are both at 999%, our opponent is at 0% and we swarm him taking bit by bit, covering each others tracks then kill them…no damage taken. That stuff is SO cool.)

3. CBK (I have to thank –BC- cause he knows how to team with Diddy. Of all the people, CBK has saved me the most from missed recoveries. His spot dodge choices is completely different from mine, so it throws opponents off. Plus I like yelling “Pika” when I want him to throw out a thunderbolt.)

4. Joker (Oh, Joker…Joker, Joker, Joker…This man plays into my style wonderfully too. On teams, he is constantly spamming grenades and advancing the line. Since I’m nearly always paying attention, it provides cover for me to go in and do silliness. Plus I rack up damage fast, and he has so many kill options, plus a FSmash that we can setup on teams. His kill power compliments my lack of kill power well. Plus he has tech skill, which makes up for my lack of it.)

5. Debo (My favorite of the “Kirby” players. Everytime I look up Debo has someone in a grab. I either regrab, or add my damage to whatever throw he is going. The fact he grabs so dang much is good, because I don’t grab enough, and it throws people off. Plus Debo is good with inhaled powers. He wrecks with lasers, peanut guns, grenades, everything. He is also always looking for a Kirbycide when the time comes.)

6. Razor (Defensive Metaknight?!? Who does that? Yeah, I like the fact Razor plays MK with a defensive flavor, which helps when I need to borrow a stock. He rarely dies with MK, and that is pretty amazing, considering the weight class. Or if he plays DDD, I’m still in love, because he seems to know how to not get decimated by MK. Plus he and I 4 stocked Holmes and Doom a LONG time ago …but the replay was never sent to me :( )

7. Gregdang (A CLOSE second to the other “Kirby” player. Greg is always looking out for his teammate. I know if I go in a crowd, Greg is looking out for me. He is there to assist in combos and save me. Plus, Greg is always looking to make a big play by either rocking someone off top, or spiking with dair. That is refreshing having someone else who can make a big play and bring us back.)

8. Tyser (The man who hates doubles. The man who also plays DDD as a walking wall. Tyser never needs babysitting, despite playing such a big target. I guess since he hates babysitting, he vowed to never HAVE to be babysitted. :) Plus he and I 6 stocked 2 other people on this list that will remain nameless :-D.)

9. Bpx & N_O_M (AHHhhh the new guys. So young and talented…reading the boards, keeping me abreast with small things that I would have never thought about or known. Brimming with tech skill, and playing characters that are much needed in Iowa Wario and Olimar. I love running different strategies with Bpx and seeing them work, that is cool. The best part about playing with N_o_M is when he is in the zone and he starts calling plays. “Kou Back!” Hahaha, that keeps me on my toes and I’m the one that has to be ready.

11. -BC- (Old school double diddy action. Always fun to play. BC + 4 bananas >> PortCity…believe that :))

12. ladyyink (Anytime I get to call my teammate “sweatheart” I can’t help but to have fun. She zones perfectly and almost always knows where to be. Plus fighting 2 on 1’s with her is so much fun. There is always a pk thunder harassing them and filling in my gaps.)

13. ngamer (It has been too long, but this man is the definition of a stock tank. I’m glad he aptly named his blog (http://ngamer3k-stocktank.blogspot.com/) as such. SEVERAL times we would all be close to losing our second stocks and NGAMER is chilling with 3 on medium percent. )

14. Peeks (Plays G&W. Off stage version of Skizm with more of an offensive flavor. His off stage tactics are almost legendary, killing off the side with G&W's up+b and credit card fairs. My favorite moment, is one match on Picochat, Joker and Skizm were on the far left camping and we were on the far right dodging. I Went next to Peeks and threw him into their base. He DI'd down and knocked one of them off the stage and then smash attacked and killed the other. We were hype after that!)

15. Skizm (Plays G&W. Saves me up Uair. Spams Smashes….what more do you want from G&W?)

16. R. Rong (Nice Rob and it is only getting better. I like the way she rotates shooting gyros, spamming laser and floating around the screen. Plus she made my “PCity” skin. I have nothing but love.)

17. Jlo (We are still working on your synergy. His peach is really good and can handle MK so I’m never really worried about him going off on his own. If I can isolate and JLo gets to fight a 1 on 1 against someone. Their goose is cooked…easy…)

18. Blank (The second most technical of ALL the Iowa players. Blank’s techskill compliments my lack of it the same way Joker’s does. So I focus more on mind games and setups, cause I know even if I throw a banana directly at Blank he will be fast enough to perfect shield it, reverse utilt the enemy, bair and simultaneously catch the banana and then insta toss it back to me :-D)

19. Twink (Up and comer. We haven't teamed much, but I think your tech skill and character diversity will be refreshing when east and mid iowa get together and play friendlies. Let's team some more and find out how it goes?"

20. Trent (SOOOooo fast. We just have to work on getting it together. We get wrecked a lot, but it is still fun.)

21. Conner (We get wrecked a lot too, but I still enjoy playing with you.)

22. Colin (HAHAHahahaha….I probably have the most fun talking to you while we play :-D….despite the fact we lose every time :)…we are gonna have to play again so you can get “1st chair” back :))

Anyway guys, have fun with this post. Post your comments and thoughts. My grandfather died, so I’m gonna be down to Shreveport, plus I got finals all next week. So unless I get some extra time, ya’ll won’t see me for a bit. I might come back and update this with Synergy Ratings, LULZ ratings and such :)

BOLT08

Smash Lord
The irony is, I'm that scrub that you guys talk about that can win doubles but get bodied in singles…but anyway Brawl teams is a better game because for one more characters become viable. Ganon and Lucas just placed in our tourney. True, good players were behind them, but still doubles allows for characters with serious deficiencies to stand a chance. Combine that with gay 1 on 1 tactics that get omitted in teams, and you have a pretty good game. However, I will note that team tactics like “grab-regrab” , Pikachu-kirby, mk/Kirby-snake can break the game. That said, teams gives the game diversity and keeps it fresh. (There is a longer post I gave on why teams is better, I’ll find it and repost.)

(As if you asked) Presenting the PCITY’s List of teammates he has the most fun with:

*Disclaimer, this isn’t a power ranking. This is just an ordered list of how much fun I have on certain people’s team. Fun could be defined as “synergy, # of wins, style, lulz, whatever”. I have fun with everyone and will play on anyone’s teams. Just sometimes I have lots of fun playing with certain people. I’m sure this is everyone in Iowa / NE that I have teamed with in the past. If I forgot you, raise your hand and I’ll add you to the list.*

1. Mara (Extremely defensive while I’m extremely offensive. Creates havoc when you are forced to change your style completely depending on which one of us you are fighting. He stock tanks and does a good job of watching out for me. I love routinely watching my teammate have 2 stocks while the rest of us have one…that is Mara.)

1. Andy (He play Wario, I play Diddy. He raps, I sing. He fights in the air, I fight on the ground. He goes in first, I go in second. We swarm people. My best moments are when we are both at 999%, our opponent is at 0% and we swarm him taking bit by bit, covering each others tracks then kill them…no damage taken. That stuff is SO cool.)

3. CBK (I have to thank –BC- cause he knows how to team with Diddy. Of all the people, CBK has saved me the most from missed recoveries. His spot dodge choices is completely different from mine, so it throws opponents off. Plus I like yelling “Pika” when I want him to throw out a thunderbolt.)

4. Joker (Oh, Joker…Joker, Joker, Joker…This man plays into my style wonderfully too. On teams, he is constantly spamming grenades and advancing the line. Since I’m nearly always paying attention, it provides cover for me to go in and do silliness. Plus I rack up damage fast, and he has so many kill options, plus a FSmash that we can setup on teams. His kill power compliments my lack of kill power well. Plus he has tech skill, which makes up for my lack of it.)

5. Debo (My favorite of the “Kirby” players. Everytime I look up Debo has someone in a grab. I either regrab, or add my damage to whatever throw he is going. The fact he grabs so dang much is good, because I don’t grab enough, and it throws people off. Plus Debo is good with inhaled powers. He wrecks with lasers, peanut guns, grenades, everything. He is also always looking for a Kirbycide when the time comes.)

6. Razor (Defensive Metaknight?!? Who does that? Yeah, I like the fact Razor plays MK with a defensive flavor, which helps when I need to borrow a stock. He rarely dies with MK, and that is pretty amazing, considering the weight class. Or if he plays DDD, I’m still in love, because he seems to know how to not get decimated by MK. Plus he and I 4 stocked Holmes and Doom a LONG time ago …but the replay was never sent to me :( )

7. Gregdang (A CLOSE second to the other “Kirby” player. Greg is always looking out for his teammate. I know if I go in a crowd, Greg is looking out for me. He is there to assist in combos and save me. Plus, Greg is always looking to make a big play by either rocking someone off top, or spiking with dair. That is refreshing having someone else who can make a big play and bring us back.)

8. Tyser (The man who hates doubles. The man who also plays DDD as a walking wall. Tyser never needs babysitting, despite playing such a big target. I guess since he hates babysitting, he vowed to never HAVE to be babysitted. :) Plus he and I 6 stocked 2 other people on this list that will remain nameless :-D.)

9. Bpx & N_O_M (AHHhhh the new guys. So young and talented…reading the boards, keeping me abreast with small things that I would have never thought about or known. Brimming with tech skill, and playing characters that are much needed in Iowa Wario and Olimar. I love running different strategies with Bpx and seeing them work, that is cool. The best part about playing with N_o_M is when he is in the zone and he starts calling plays. “Kou Back!” Hahaha, that keeps me on my toes and I’m the one that has to be ready.

11. -BC- (Old school double diddy action. Always fun to play. BC + 4 bananas >> PortCity…believe that :))

12. ladyyink (Anytime I get to call my teammate “sweatheart” I can’t help but to have fun. She zones perfectly and almost always knows where to be. Plus fighting 2 on 1’s with her is so much fun. There is always a pk thunder harassing them and filling in my gaps.)

13. ngamer (It has been too long, but this man is the definition of a stock tank. I’m glad he aptly named his blog (http://ngamer3k-stocktank.blogspot.com/) as such. SEVERAL times we would all be close to losing our second stocks and NGAMER is chilling with 3 on medium percent. )

14. Skizm (Plays G&W. Saves me up Uair. Spams Smashes….what more do you want from G&W?)

15. R. Rong (Nice Rob and it is only getting better. I like the way she rotates shooting gyros, spamming laser and floating around the screen. Plus she made my “PCity” skin. I have nothing but love.)

16. Jlo (We are still working on your synergy. His peach is really good and can handle MK so I’m never really worried about him going off on his own. If I can isolate and JLo gets to fight a 1 on 1 against someone. Their goose is cooked…easy…)

17. Blank (The second most technical of ALL the Iowa players. Blank’s techskill compliments my lack of it the same way Joker’s does. So I focus more on mind games and setups, cause I know even if I throw a banana directly at Blank he will be fast enough to perfect shield it, reverse utilt the enemy, bair and simultaneously catch the banana and then insta toss it back to me :-D)

18. Twink (Up and comer. We haven't teamed much, but I think your tech skill and character diversity will be refreshing when east and mid iowa get together and play friendlies. Let's team some more and find out how it goes?"

19. Trent (SOOOooo fast. We just have to work on getting it together. We get wrecked a lot, but it is still fun.)

20. Conner (We get wrecked a lot too, but I still enjoy playing with you.)

21. Colin (HAHAHahahaha….I probably have the most fun talking to you while we play :-D….despite the fact we lose every time :)…we are gonna have to play again so you can get “1st chair” back :))

Anyway guys, have fun with this post. Post your comments and thoughts. My grandfather died, so I’m gonna be down to Shreveport, plus I got finals all next week. So unless I get some extra time, ya’ll won’t see me for a bit. I might come back and update this with Synergy Ratings, LULZ ratings and such :)
This was terrific. Imo, I should be #3. Butt I'll take what I can get since I don't get to play very often.

Also, on the whole PS3 discussion. I bought a PS3 so I could watch blu rays, especially planet earth, which alone was worth the investment. And to play games available on the 360 and PS3 because I had an early 360 that always got the red ring of death. And the PS3 has better graphics, so that's why I got one.

Although, I think i play old games more now. for example, Zelda: OOT, Majoras Mask, and now FF7. Who knows what else I'll play this summer. The uncharted games on PS3 are sweet, so is God of War, just because it's mindless fun. Dead space was sweet, red dead redemption was fantastic. Idk, I like the PS3. never had any issues minus this PSN being down stuff. Which I barely use.

I did hate Demon Souls though. I don't have the patience for that f*cking game.

resTy

Smash Champion
So I was lurking all threads as normal and Bolt posted on our thread. I finished reading then noticed something pretty strange so I saved it in an image:

About a minute later, it changed back to "hate."

Soran

Smash Ace
of course AH3 is PSN game! Moon Diver looks better than it ^o^
But Moon Diver is legit.

Point is: BB's 3D backgrounds may not look the best or take the a lot of power, but the game itself looks better than most 2D sprite-based fighters.

Twilight Princess is good too. I love this game. But Zelda games are good to beat few times and over long periods between playthroughs. It keeps it exciting. But you will remember some things. But the fewer, the better ; )

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
of course AH3 is PSN game! Moon Diver looks better than it ^o^
But Moon Diver is legit.

Point is: BB's 3D backgrounds may not look the best or take the a lot of power, but the game itself looks better than most 2D sprite-based fighters.
You're dumb, stop getting hard-ons over ****ty over-stylized anime games with no artistic value. Also most ArcSys games have mediocre animation.

Moon Diver is mashy brainless trite, Crescent Pale Mist is way better for that kind of ****.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Good **** in MK9 Nick. Who do you play?

The game looks silly to me, but Kung Lao seems fun. At least when I watch Justin play him. /Tyser

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Good **** in MK9 Nick. Who do you play?

The game looks silly to me, but Kung Lao seems fun. At least when I watch Justin play him. /Tyser
Stryker for now. Learning Kabal for my high-tier char.

It's a lot of fun. Reminds me a lot of UMK3. Kung Lao is so GDLK. Seriously, that spin is outrageous. The game requires a silly amount of game knowledge to do well in. You have to know when every string ends and when/where to punish. I know that's true in every fighting game but it's critical in this one.

I should upload the video of our dubs MM.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
<3 you too Se'kou. :') I try to pay attention most of the time.

Also, Joker...I think my friend may have found your combo video. o_O

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Event 52 is this weekend? Who's coming/needs housing?

Top Bottom