• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Dan thanks for the housing.

Lux-We need housing for 4 people plz and thx

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm relatively certain you guys are assigned with Perfect Duck

Soran

Smash Ace
Sorry, ngamer for my late reply. But I had stuff yesterday and I definitely can't make it for the Marvel stuffz tonight T~T

Is there a chance for anything next week or after? I'll have more money by then and it's a lot more time for Saros to gather his money. Saros and last minute $$ doesn't happen.

We should get together this weekend or som'n. Saros wants to play more Marvel. It's like, PSN was down. kkkkkkk

Soran

Smash Ace
Yeah, actually I think we'd love to. I talked to Saros and he wants to run it back with you in Marvel as well.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Yo guys. I wanted to ask if you DSM people know of any spots that are hiring / in desperate need of summer help. Mara is considering coming back and is looking for a job to keep him busy. Any suggestions?

@Peeks: I'm sorry I left you out of the post...I have played with you a bunch too...i'll update it soon.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
2 weeks till my glorious return to the smash community. On some good news, I should make Dean's List again this semester if I be my usual clutch self.

Mah skills are gettin rusy, last time i played that scrub JakeBudden he wrecked me. I'm gettin the itch to pick up a new char. Suggestions?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I'm gettin the itch to pick up a new char. Suggestions?
Personally I think you should stick with what you know right now and the reason why is cause from what I have read you will be pretty busy so picking a different char may be tough but if you really want I suggest picking up someone that doesn't require that much time per say. So someone like MK, Marth, G&W maybe D3 or Wario but yeah I think you should stick with Kirby.

On a different note I started watching K-on pretty good so far I'm liking it and I watched all of The World Only God Knows first season now I'm caught up with the 2nd season.

Also I was thinking of having a biweekly instead of a monthly o.0

BPx

Smash Lord
There is a new vidya games shop opening up in Ames(Pixels), if we wanted to, we could probably start hosting tourneys there, I'm sure they'd be up for it. If people want to, I can start looking into it when they open.

Also, do you guys wanna drive into KC late Friday night instead of Saturday? We'd get in around 2 or 3, but the tourney starts at ~10 I think, so we wouldn't have to wake up at 6 AM Saturday :-/

PortCity

Smash Ace

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
I know I was just double checking to see if we had housing already
For Event 52 on May 7th, Iowa and St. Louis are free to stay Friday night as well as Saturday night at my place.

My address is at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230380

I have three couches and three air mattresses, but am short on pillows/bankets.

Saturday morning will involve doughnuts, milk, orange juice and perhaps cereal. GL;HF and I'll see you there.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Also, do you guys wanna drive into KC late Friday night instead of Saturday? We'd get in around 2 or 3, but the tourney starts at ~10 I think, so we wouldn't have to wake up at 6 AM Saturday :-/
Yeah I was actually thinking we should go friday plus arriving at 2/3am isn't that bad hell we gone to MO at like 5am >.<
Which by the way what time will we leave Friday I assumed after 10 or so when Colin get off work right.

For Event 52 on May 7th, Iowa and St. Louis are free to stay Friday night as well as Saturday night at my place.

My address is at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230380

I have three couches and three air mattresses, but am short on pillows/bankets.

Saturday morning will involve doughnuts, milk, orange juice and perhaps cereal. GL;HF and I'll see you there.
Who's all from St. Louis coming o.0
As for pillows/blankets I always bring my own for exactly the same reason ^.^
Well looking forward too seeing everyone there friday >.0

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Done with Finals! Woooohoooo

But...I'm uber sick. Fail. Spending this weekend recovering rather than partying. I also found out I have training at 530 AM Mon and Wed. Woohoo.

PortCity

Smash Ace
I'm DIRELY interested in talking the Iowa people about the Kansas tourney.

@Joker: Not bad on 7th and 5th.
@Bpx: Don't beat yourself up...you get higher next time
@Wang: You too...keep playing and traveling...don't let your matches get you down...
@Nom: Wait what?!?! I had to edit this. I didn't know you were there and you placed 17th. I think I want to say "goodjob" but I don't know how you feel about it.

BPx

Smash Lord
uhhh, little do you know sekou, i played the best i've ever played yesterday, booyah

Joker might even consider me a singles player :)

THuGz

Smash Lord
Bpow was ****** ****. He very nearly embarrassed the **** out of MJ. He also "beat" me in a "money match". He did pretty well against stealth too, I guess I just gotta give him more practice.

PS: You guys know mitchell aka Leroy right? He's moving into an apartment for the summer for classes in IC and he wants to host games sometimes in the summer, so I'll probably go sometime and maybe pick the des moines folk up? And maybe chloe can join since its so close? And qrs? And everyone ever?

PortCity

Smash Ace
1) Why is this thread dead all of sudden....
2) Anyone going to joker's place tonight to play doubles? I have played singles the last 2 times i played brawl :( yuck :( If people show up tonight I'll show up. I hear N_o_M is interested. So we need 1 or 3 more people :)

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
1) Why is this thread dead all of sudden....
2) Anyone going to joker's place tonight to play doubles? I have played singles the last 2 times i played brawl :( yuck :( If people show up tonight I'll show up. I hear N_o_M is interested. So we need 1 or 3 more people :)
I'll probably be there tonight.

Edit: Me and Kudou saw GameGenie on 6th Ave. It was weird. :laugh:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well, all of Nebraska went to Kansas and a lot of Iowa also went, so no one is here to post since we were IRL with each other.

Top Bottom