• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

§chizm

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm new to the Iowa area and I'm just looking for some melee players. Does anyone live close to the West Des Moines area?
Only a couple of us play Melee really, and we generally play games in Des Moines.
There better be people coming over to Joker's tomorrow when we show up! Past couple of non tourney visits no one came by.
What time are you guys planning on being here?

Scrubbing Bubbles

Smash Rookie
haha BPx. I haven't been keeping up with smash, but I was in the west coast when melee was big. All I heard about was wc/ec competition, nothing about the midwest.
Thanks Schism. Excuse my redundancy on the boards, I just have nothing to do around here. Just desperate to find something to occupy my time.
how many melee players are going to Joker's tomorrow? If some of you guys are showing up, Joker, can I show up? I won't be able to bring a tv but I do have a gc w/ melee.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
tbh, you should just drive to Omaha, NE if you really want to play Melee, Joker is the best in DM currently and he mains Link, not even Link.. Bolt is a pretty decent Sheik but idk if he's in practice. Everyone in Nebraska is about 25-40% better than I am, and I'm decent enough.

BPx

Smash Lord
tbh, you should just drive to Omaha, NE if you really want to play Melee, Joker is the best in DM currently and he mains Link, not even Link.. Bolt is a pretty decent Sheik but idk if he's in practice. Everyone in Nebraska is about 25-40% better than I am, and I'm decent enough.
yeah, you should drive 3 hours every time you want to play a video game

b ther tonight arnd 930

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
See, BPX agrees with me, you should drive 3 hours everytime you want to play melee.

Though Jayford is pretty good, you should play him.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
how many melee players are going to Joker's tomorrow? If some of you guys are showing up, Joker, can I show up? I won't be able to bring a tv but I do have a gc w/ melee.
I'm actually not going to be here tomorrow I'm going with Ngamer and Jayford to Kansas for some Marvel baby >.0

On the Melee note that game is pretty much dead around here no one keeps up with it as for the people who will actually play the game is probably Skizm and kudou maybe CBK but yeah Kudou and CBK rarely show and skizm you pretty much need to ask if he's coming cause he will play it when we get together to play Brawl.

There's Nova too but he's also a rare one <(^.^<)

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I used to be the best around here. Imo rankings are thus

Jay > Me > Joker > Schism > Kudou

but i haven't touched the game in yonder. So who knows.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I drive hours upon hours every time I want to play games on a regular basis. Case in point, this weekend. 5 hours for some Kansas local. Yipee.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
man i rarely play video games in general now. just cant find the time anymore i guess. i usually only play games whenever Tony and I randomly show up at Christian's.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Oh sh*t my bad greg. I forgot to put you in there because I pretty much NEVER play you in tourneys.

In that case

Jay > Me > joker > greg > schism > kudou

Greg's sheik is flashyyy

Soran

Smash Ace
Well, I can do a tournament July 23rd. Seems like enough time to plan for so yeah.
I can make it!!!! I think. Most likely. Keep us (me) posted.
I will get bodied like no other but I feel like I'm decent at Marvel. Who all still plays it?

Also I can do Jin's CS2 stuff on stick. I feel pretty satisfied.

Sorry, Blank for getting Aquapazza all wrong like that. I only got glances and didn't look closely.

P.S. What is kara?

EDIT: google'd

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
I now officially have a vehicle, the only thing left to do is get home and due business with the dealership. They put it on reserve for me since I am currently at WAR. So yeah the "smash cab" will soon be open for business. Who is ready to go to every tournament ever?

Uli

Smash Champion
I now officially have a vehicle, the only thing left to do is get home and due business with the dealership. They put it on reserve for me since I am currently at WAR. So yeah the "smash cab" will soon be open for business. Who is ready to go to every tournament ever?
Godlik e

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
yea i play melee too its just im not that good at it...but i like it..^_^v

PEEKS!!!!!! as soon as july 18th hits i go part-time which means tournys every weekend for me...^_^

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Joker, can you bring a power strip to Brainshock?

I have 2 as it is, I think a couple more would be great.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Do you guys want to play sometime?
Yeahhhh. Honestly it'll probably be easier to just call/text me or someone because games just sorta happen randomly, and only a few of us will play Melee. :awesome:
It's been a long time since I've played but someone should hit me up if there's any games this week
It's alive?!
we're going to have a big one in august i think , lux.

colin and i going to games right now, come over
I would have but I only check the boards at night :mad088:.

gantrain05

Smash Master
jlo, are you going to brainshock?
ooh man i had planned on it for months, im still...80% certain im going but i got alot of **** goin on and i been really busy lately. but as it stands, i still have saturday off, but im broke and has no moneyz cuz i just bought a car and paid rent/bills.....so we'll see what turns out lol

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I'm so ready ^.^

Joker, can you bring a power strip to Brainshock?

I have 2 as it is, I think a couple more would be great.
I'll see what I can do.

How'd everyone do in Marvel this weekend?
I think I got either 5th or 7th not really sure I forgot to check the bracket afterwords but I was a match or so away from money >.<

Is there going to be another Joker's soon?
Yeah sorry I actually have been holding out on having them mainly cause of the new people living with us but I should have one late August for sure.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
You got 7th like I suspected. I got 5th in AE. We all should have made top8 in Marvel really. Kind of disappointing.

Stop dropping combos.

Top Bottom