• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Had alot of fun yesterday.

Thanks alot Pcity for the jump. Besides our smashers we wouldn't probably have had help in the Dirty D.

Kinda bummed nobody wanted to do a brawl tourney

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Shouts to Mexi for almost winning a tournament, that will be noted in the Nebraska Year End Power Rankings Festivaganza.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Not going to show up for games as often.

Keep me posted on whether we're going to Omaha or not. Thanks.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
that's a good song, I referenced it in a creative writing piece before about the apocalypse, it's satans favorite song.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I was looking forward to more cuddling, oh well. >:

Don't know when the next time we'll get together is (Besides Kevin's house) but I had fun doing so much in my short time back home.

@Sam I'm getting used to you showing up. Its really interesting talking to you, even if I can only mirror some sentiments. Sorry I can't bring more to the table then that, but I enjoy your company.

Games make me salty, I kind of wish I could've played Gary but I had to take an important call and wasn't in the mood when I got back. Next time I'm going all Rocket Raccoon. Maybe it'll be less frustrating just to enjoy the character. Everything I felt I learned in Vegas playing Vanilla feels irrelevant now.

Sorry we can't make it out to Omaha. We promised Fu with JBM too! Hopefully we can get people together for Nerdtron, but unfortunately it is the same weekend as Frosty Faustings.

@Greg, enjoy the PS3. Just invite me over sometimes for practice if you can. I don't like forgetting ideas because I can't test them out.

It'll be fun when Joker's monthlies really start up again. Specially the fg ones. In the mean time I really need to put myself to work, focus on games less. Sorry if that sounds like an excuse, but I think as in all things I don't expect support until I prove I deserve it. That kills me inside and it doesn't help that I've been extremely self-conscious about my friendships lately.

Hope you guys don't mind the real talk. Its hard for me to be taken seriously usually, and I expect the same on smashboards. That bothers me, but I think it bothers me more to see people trying so hard not to step on each others toes. I don't know how many people want to see my ego hurt, but it doesn't take much to do it. So why try very hard?

I'll try to keep things simple from now on, but I don't think people will always like that. What good would a game designer be if they can't even express their ideas concisely though? I'm not ready for what people think, and my hesitation shows it. Its a learning process for me, I just wonder if anyone will learn with me.

In the end, I'll still wonder where everything ties in with my life. Contrary to what people say, its a big influence to spend so much time playing video games like this. I don't suffer from a delusion, I'm not just an idealist because there nothing left in other directions, and a lot of what I want from my future plans still involve people important to me today. I'm living to throw away this persona I can't even explain, so I can prove something to myself more then anything. To accomplish my dream, or become better trying. Why have it any other way?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Blank: Sorry I didn't let you play with Gary before you took the call and didn't felt like playing but your timing for that stuff is like perfect >.< like I just started playing him and wanted to kick me out so soon T.T so sorry if you took it like I was being mean I just wanted to get at least a couple more sets before giving it up >.0

i am upset to hear you guys arent coming D:
I guess you are the one I should be talking to. So if I where to do my monthlies for Fighters what days will work so as to not interfere with the ones on Omaha o.0

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
@Blank: Sorry I didn't let you play with Gary before you took the call and didn't felt like playing but your timing for that stuff is like perfect >.< like I just started playing him and wanted to kick me out so soon T.T so sorry if you took it like I was being mean I just wanted to get at least a couple more sets before giving it up >.0

I guess you are the one I should be talking to. So if I where to do my monthlies for Fighters what days will work so as to not interfere with the ones on Omaha o.0
Its alright mayne. I figured you were just joking. If I really wanted to play him I could've done so when I got back. Still need to play JBM too.

Coli is the first and third Friday of every month. However friday of next month will be Nerdtron/FF. So your monthly can either be the 2nd or 4th weekend.

:phone:

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Coli is the first and third Friday of every month. However friday of next month will be Nerdtron/FF. So your monthly can either be the 2nd or 4th weekend.

:phone:
Actually I forgot they where on Friday and mine will be on Saturdays so it shouldn't be a problem at least I hope but I'll probably will start them out in January also I need to make a thread for it >.<

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Well hello again everyone! I'm trying to get back in to brawl Colin and I are going to have a session tonight hopefully I still have fun with the game. But the main reason why I am posting.

Joker- Next time I am in Dsm do you think I could grab my sticks? Sekou wanted to borrow my ps3. <3

Pcity-I still love watching this match Gnes is a boss. You might be as good as him one day ^_^. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e_HkZZHxd8
Also you might like this match too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqCUFrWFy4Y&feature=related

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well hello again everyone! I'm trying to get back in to brawl Colin and I are going to have a session tonight hopefully I still have fun with the game. But the main reason why I am posting.

Joker- Next time I am in Dsm do you think I could grab my sticks? Sekou wanted to borrow my ps3. <3

Pcity-I still love watching this match Gnes is a boss. You might be as good as him one day ^_^. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e_HkZZHxd8
Also you might like this match too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqCUFrWFy4Y&feature=related
Well this is out the blue well anyway good luck.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Bpow: They are going to play after work....at 12 am :-\ lol..but considering I stayed up all night and my sleep schedule is backwards, I may join the.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I hate the Smash community now. Remember the days when you go to tournaments and happen to see a random good person there like i.e. Isai. These days are like, "Hey I'm some random player that happens to be good, so pool me some money so I can go to this random big tourney." It disgusts me to see people dick riding like that. Also, good players make you pay them to stay at your place for daily fees. What happened to just going to tourneys if you have the money and knowing there will be good players there. One and only incentive that I approve of getting players good or bad to a tourney is a money bonus. :glare:

resTy

Smash Champion
^ Seconded. Hated Smash in general for the past one or two years now actually.

Only people who can understand is Greg, Chris and Christian. I think they're the only survivors from the last era who live in Iowa. All you new people are gay weaboos. Die.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Smash community is full of dick riding and circlejerkers. No big surprise there.
Indeed.

Only people who can understand is Greg, Chris and Christian. I think they're the only survivors from the last era who live in Iowa. All you new people are gay weaboos. Die.
Yep.
I'll **** you in your sleep, weaboo...
Cute.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I was never a weaboo just a scrub and I belong to no community now. I'm just a wanderer if you will.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman

Only people who can understand is Greg, Chris, Tony, Anthony and Christian. I think they're the only survivors from the last era who live in Iowa. All you new people are gay weaboos. Die.
FIXED!!!...^_^v

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah man no prob.

I hate the Smash community now. Remember the days when you go to tournaments and happen to see a random good person there like i.e. Isai.
Yes.

Smash community is full of dick riding and circlejerkers. No big surprise there.
Yep.

Only people who can understand is Greg, Chris and Christian. I think they're the only survivors from the last era who live in Iowa.
Those where the days.

I was wearing fake glasses before everyone else thought it was cool, correct?
I still think they are real XP

On a different note where in SRK should I start a thread for my tourneys o.0

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
We're going sometime today to get Korean food Christian and Peeks. And we're definitely going to Nerd-Tron now since I start school Jan. 9th.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
^I been looking forward to it I should also mention that Peeks has Army stuff to do today but should be back before 4 or so maybe earlier also

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF man I'm at the fire mountain looking for the 5 pieces of this key and so far I have spend like 2hrs or so trying to find them this game is AWESOME 0.0
I bean cereal here cause I don't think I have ever been lost or taking this long on a Zelda game hell 4th gen pokemon did the same ^.^

Uli

Smash Champion

uhhh we have our tournys every first and third week of the month of friday. so its up to you when to do tournys. also yours will be on saturday so it shouldnt be a big deal. ill try to get people to come to your tournys brah <3

Soran

Smash Ace
call it a rebound of hip-
hop
devout
got my heat out
feel alright
like it is Friday night and pop says, "Yo, let's eat out."
that's what I be 'bout
on the mic is where I be now
indeed now
good for you and easy to chew like a big bowl of puppy chow see how