• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Tyser

Smash Champion
Lcanceling makes things basically lagless. Short hop fast falling a Uair, as well as any aerial, is as easy as breathing for a seasoned Melee player. And yeah, its pretty cool to do, but it will rarely occur :'( I wish Doc was a good char.

EDIT: Shroomed does it to SilentSpectre in their most recent videos Im pretty sure. I saw SHFFL'd Uairs earlier today somewhere and I think that is where.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
I didnt know you could Shine+Nair lol. Ive never seen you perform it before. I remember when I first did Shine+Nair I was like "(10 seconds after it happened) Wait a second, did I just do something crazy?" JBM: "I think you Shine+Nair'd" Tyser: "WTF?!?" And yeah, my Doc is getting to its nerd point except I cant control him because he's a fast char. I can UpB cancel with him like 3/5 times roughly, now.
u most likely never knew that i can do it cause i dont play melee that much when im with the NE people for some odd reason and also i keep playing so mant diff char all the time

I haven't touched Melee in a week.
ur telling me, i havent played since i was at ur house that one time.

Lcanceling makes things basically lagless. Short hop fast falling a Uair, as well as any aerial, is as easy as breathing for a seasoned Melee player. And yeah, its pretty cool to do, but it will rarely occur :'( I wish Doc was a good char.

EDIT: Shroomed does it to SilentSpectre in their most recent videos Im pretty sure. I saw SHFFL'd Uairs earlier today somewhere and I think that is where.
i like short hop Dair with captain falcon because Silent Spectre is the reason im playin so much falcon nowadays

Hey Kudo, You're going to MN, right?
pretty much since i have nothing better to do so its a good way to waste time

Tyser

Smash Champion
I was playing a little bit of Falcon today with Mushroomring. I came to a conclusion that all you gotta do with Falcon is grab and throw knees. You dont even need his other moves. That's how easy that char is and I hate easy characters.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Umm, I dont have a computer anymore. I have to start investing in one if I get this job that I hope that I get. Also, watch this because its hilariously badass.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Umm, I dont have a computer anymore. I have to start investing in one if I get this job that I hope that I get. Also, watch this because its hilariously badass.
LMAO, too good, where do u find this ****, that guy is a pro, ****in guy in the white shirt didn't know when to quit, kept comin back for more and got jacked in the face lol.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Is it cool if you come over Sunday to hack my friend's PSP.
i guess, but im probably only gonna put the bare min. on since i dont think that he would need like popsloader, cxmb, etc.

I was playing a little bit of Falcon today with Mushroomring. I came to a conclusion that all you gotta do with Falcon is grab and throw knees. You dont even need his other moves. That's how easy that char is and I hate easy characters.
but he's captain falcon, he has the falcon punch lol

D-Throw -> Knee. :laugh:
no, no, no, no, its D-throw + charged Dsmash

YEAH I MADE MYSELF A NEW SIG!!!

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
This video mad me burst into tears with LOLS
wtf tyser, whats with u man that just funny, also dont chu get the title smash master when u hit 2500 posts? if so then ur less than 50 posts away from being a smash master.

He probably needs Popsloader cuz he wants FF VII.
well does he have a 2+ gig stick? also what series is his psp? if he gets FF7 then thats the only game that he can have in a 2 gig stick

gantrain05

Smash Master
i need to get a psp, i gotta get final fantasy dissidia cuz it looks totally badass. also need to get disgaea for psp.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
I dunno what series is his PSP, but he's probably gonna get a 4GB.
well i guess so, so who's psp me is gonna hack?

i need to get a psp, i gotta get final fantasy dissidia cuz it looks totally badass. also need to get disgaea for psp.
CBK and I already have that game but he playes it more than me since i dont play that game anymore, i decided to play DJ max protable black square instead

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Yulai showed me the Bratman video first. It was unbairable. And yeah, Ill be a Smash Master by tomorrow.
well assuming that u do become a Smash Master by tomorrow, here's my early comgratz. omedetou gozaimasu tyser for being a Smash Master!!!

My friend Josh.
k cause i was wonding if it was Bean since bruce told me that Bean kept on asking him how to hack his psp and bruce kept telling him that he should talk to me but he didnt get the message i guess that im like the Tech guy and all

gantrain05

Smash Master
well i think im gonna get some sleep, got a long car ride tomorrow and im pretty sure that i'll probably be up all night playin games lol.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Also I was wondering if it would be cool if all of you would chip in like $5 for gas so it isn't entirely my burden to fill the van to travel?
WTF, gas money, you are a Tyrant man, I mean come on J/K:laugh: but yeah I assumed we had to pitch for gas, is kinda like an unwritten rule, to give some gas money for the guy who's driving us OoS, no prob man.

so teh joker, does the music modifier work?
Shit is too good, I was playing on Smashville with Gerudo Valley, then on FD with Live & Learn 0.0 we'll have to fill the rest for more awesome music, also me and Hurrican were playing a match, did a kool combo, he almost quit so we can save it, and I was like, HOLD IT!!!!(hits paper in hand) we no longer have the 3min restriction, too good, thanks Kudou.

well i think im gonna get some sleep, got a long car ride tomorrow and im pretty sure that i'll probably be up all night playin games lol.
welp, i guess that its time to watch some anime then go to sleep, night all
Weaklings all of you, I'm still up after playing some Brawl, TvC, Naruot Ex3, and watching some School Rumble, but yeah I should get some sleep, see you guys tomorrow.

By the way MTKD let me borrow his camera, so I'll be taping a little on the way there, some at NeoMagics and the rest on the Tourney, thanks MTKD. Also Love we'll probably drop by your house on the way to Blanks so we can pick up your TV, that is if you still letting us borrow it, please >.0

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Shit is too good, I was playing on Smashville with Gerudo Valley, then on FD with Live & Learn 0.0 we'll have to fill the rest for more awesome music, also me and Hurrican were playing a match, did a kool combo, he almost quit so we can save it, and I was like, HOLD IT!!!!(hits paper in hand) we no longer have the 3min restriction, too good, thanks Kudou.
alright, then when we hit up Neomagic's place we'll get more music for that thing and see if there is anything else that seems good to put on

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
No worries for us Des Moines crew members. We survived the adventure back. Unfortunately the 3 hour drive there was replaced by a 5 and 1/2 hour drive back. Ugh.... The biggest problem is that freakin I-35 S W split into an exit of sorts without letting me know and it literally took an hour to get back onto I-35. Minnesota sucks, no signs whatsoever to let me know the way to go to get onto the interstate.

Good games though for everyone these last two days. It was especially nice meeting frozen fire, animebb, and Vax. We need to play again real soon.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
joker was too good getting 2nd. i ended up tying for 9th out of 50... no one seems to know wario's tricks!

i gotta find that tourney thread so i can post some shoutouts..

frozenfire - I have to work sooo hard to match your damage output and kills, it's ridiculous. I am determined to conquer this match with Wario. Lava and moving platform saves are too epic.

NeoMagic - omg you got so much better, glad you got your revenge. I'm gonna have to really step up my game to get you back. I got mindgamed into your killgrab way to much.

Blank - We did alright on teams, i'd be willing to give it another shot sometime. So sorry for taking you out of singles early, but i'm happy we got to play 1v1. Bring something with grab releases next time and you'll win for sure.

Top Bottom