• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well apparently Snake(and Samus <3) takes around a month to learn and MK around a week. Probably cause with Snake you actually learning a whole new char, while MK is easier, since he can play like Marth will, with Kirby jumps(IMO), so MK is the bastard child of Marth and Kirby XD

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well imo kirby is kooler than mk cause he's a true naked ball, mk is wearin clothes so he's not as kool. also wolf is too good if u can lag out all of his moves like how chexr does it. i can almost do it like him

Waddle

Smash Ace
I may just start playing Brawl a little bit again because its hilarious. Ill prob be firing up the D3 again since he *****.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah I too prefer Kirby, he's just kooler, but as for Wolf, that suppose to be Crystal, but for some reason they decided to turn her into Wolf T.T

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Haha... tsk tsk... I was lookin forward to playin u guys too

You made a promise to him already? :O
That sucks.. At least u stick to ur promises... Kinda? LOL was lookin forward to playin ur hyped up Sheik everyones been talkin about ;)
-BC-
Yeah, I know. I really wanted to play games with you guys again. I promise (since I have not other promises to keep now) next opportunity me and peeks will drive down.

i'm maining mk.
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(*sigh*

im maining broly.
Epic

Also Zash don't worry about it, just give us a heads up, when you or Peeks want to play some games again.
Thanks man. Yeah, we'll let you know.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i thought Brawl+ was the ****, the only thing i didn't like is that it literally helped peaches game by ZERO percent.... the wavedashing is useless by peach as it really doesn't work, the "L-cancelling" doesn't mean **** to her, all her arials auto cancel anyways, and more hitstun just means she gets combo'd more and she can already still do the same combos she could do before so....yeah if your not a peach main its a great game lol.

oh and btw i think ness/peach have the highest learning curve in brawl, took me like 2-3 months to get peach down, and i STILL suck with ness.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
JBM don't go there man....I just gettin of that train. Work on Mario we had good discussions about him and he is way fun.

Uli

Smash Champion
yeah i run most of the melee shenanigans around huuuurrr
more of MN should come for melee next time :D

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
i was wondering if theres any way to get melee running sooner than it did before/get things done faster?

because with only 3 melee setups last time + taking long to get the events started it took until 7pm for singles to even start and thats pretty bad for us MN people coming all the way down for =/

so maybeeee.... more setups + start a little earlier?

let me know your guys' thoughts but I just thought I would suggest this so that the MN attendance can stay strong :D

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah I know, that's why I mention that lunch shouldn't be until both Single/Double where done, to make it faster for OoS ppl, as for set ups for Melee, 3 is just about it, the reason is cause this monthly Tourneys are for Brawl, Melee is the side event, I added Melee into my Monthly, so that ppl who play Melee can have a Tourney to play on, and other fun games.

So then if it's about the time Melee starts/ends, I could tell Uli not to send anyone to lunch, so that it would end faster, I would assume this is OK with NE since I'm pretty sure they would like to play more MN or OoS, instead of just NE.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
is that no lunch break for both melee and brawl? cause imo i think think also that there shouldn't be a lunch break inbetween doubles and singles casue there's plenty of time to get food before the tourny and after the tourny since there wouldnt be that 1-2 hour break. this is just my opinion so nothing bad intended

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Uli speaking!
The reason why we didnt start singles till later was because 4 of the people were gone so we would have had to wait anyway. smeesh's car got done games on the way so yosh had to pick him up, love went with him. majik was with smeesh too.
Also next time we wont go out to eat till later unless we send out one person to get BK for everyone. i know all the prices so we be gooooddd.

also if anyone could bring a TV for melee that would be baaaaaaaalllnnnnn
thank goodness for mtkd :D

Tacoom

Smash Lord
+7

so is that a no go on the wifi action?
Hey frozenfire, When do you you wanna meet up and game. I dont have anyone else around here.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Well I haven't heard anything from anyone, so I'll assume that everyone is Kool with the next Monthly being on the 28th of February.
Well would it be a problem to have it on the 21st?

+7

so is that a no go on the wifi action?
Hey frozenfire, When do you you wanna meet up and game. I dont have anyone else around here.
Well it doesn't really matter when if you come here, otherwise I'm gonna be gone this coming weekend. But after that we can set something up.

Top Bottom