• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
yeah, I didnt think there was to many people playing it round here. Just seemed like a fun game to get into, you know...8 years after it came out. I sold my wii after i got totally bored with it, so I dont play brawl anymore. I play some ggac, and will play blazblue when that **** comes out.

Henry- we should hook up, and chill, for old, new times sake.
sounds like a plan man. u still live in the same place?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well, since we're staying for three days now, who is housing us? Love then Joker?
Yup either one should be fine >.0

This is going to be pretty much the only time I'm against drinking here. I'm bringing my brother.
drinking? hmm.. after the tourney/eliminated from brawl i am down.

although i'm not gonna get eliminated :)
If there's drinking it probably won't happen till later since there's going to be some miners around so most likely after the tourney is over since it ends kinda late and most of them leave by then ^.^

Where's Joker? I need to play you in Pokemon soon if that's fine.
Well I'm here now >.<

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
YAY some more people play magic! We should have a few games of that during this monthly, for you magic players I have at least 5 decks and can bring those for a spare person/teammate for two headed giant if we play it for teh lulz. Also I can bring my trade book for anyone that wants to trade lulz (I know i'm a magic nerd)

Now for my real reason to post.

Grog and some others from Shoryuken.com recomend that for sf4 and tvc we do $1 entry fees for everyone. The reason they want to do this is to get alot more people interested/signup for these this time, so that people don't feel as though it will be a waste to signup for $5 and can rest easy with $1.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
That's fine with me specially cause I haven't played SF4 or TvC for a while ^.^
Point being is that this tourney will probably be the last time I host SF4 and TvC for a while the reason is cause I'll be doing BlazBlue and King Of Fighters 12 so yeah >.0

And Ok Love I'll play you then >.0

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Hey Joker, I also I have an idea of how to work a Pokemon Tourney if you ever have one. I say you give out a team list like Yu-Gi-Oh gives out deck lists and people should put 6 alternative Pokemon they want to use, so no one could cheat if they seen that team being played already and make a whole counter team. That's my opinion. Anything else just add to it.

Edit: Also you should get AOL Instant Messenger since you have a laptop now. It would be so much to communicate sir, but then again, my opinion. :laugh:

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Ok Razor's update. On a quick baseball game (which happened tonight) I am just home about 15 minutes ago. That means the earliest I could be up to Des Moines on Friday is around 11. I am totally open to house as many people as needed. My house is relatively big and is fully carpeted plus several coaches/recliners for those in need. The only issue with me housing is for Saturday night. I have a golf tournament on that Sunday at like 8 in the morning so I need to leave pretty early. I don't have a problem with people still being their when I'm gone but ya'll may feel uncomfortable doing so. Let me know, but Friday night is no issue whatsoever.

Sekou/Mara/Vos/whoever: I will be in Ames tomorrow afternoon-evening. Let me know if you are possibly free during that time.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Any estimate what time the brawl singles and doubles tournaments are going to start this weekend? I can't get there until 2:30 at the earliest because of work.

edit: i guess i'm gonna have to think about coming to Ames tomorrow if razor is going. I might do Des Moines instead because it's closer (assuming joker is around). Mduo might come i have to check with him.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
GG's Joker! I would have that last game if it wasn't for youe Sand Veil and Crit Haxz! :laugh: I'm going to work on putting up the video which I won. I hope you saved that last game cuz it was good. First game never happened by the way. :laugh:

Edit: Starmie is my hero!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah man the last game was just too good I recorded the 1st and 3rd match saved the 2nd one and I'm recording it right now ^.^
And by the way Voice Chat sucks >.<

Gliscor is my hero >.0

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I'm free from baseball tomorrow so I can do whichever I am already going to be in ames but I can go to Des Moines if that is a better meeting place.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I can't go anymore. Seeing as im a poor broke POS. I ****in hatee my life. I was looking forward to this too.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im totally down for 2-headed giant games, those are totally my favorite, singles are fun but coop play is always better =P

also, i am poor, i have no moneys, i may end up not entering the tourney =/

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Get yoself some money matches at the tourney boi, I'll $1 money match you with my Peach. I need mah partner. =X

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
im totally down for 2-headed giant games, those are totally my favorite, singles are fun but coop play is always better =P

also, i am poor, i have no moneys, i may end up not entering the tourney =/
YESH! TWO HEADED GIANT GAMES ARE DELICOUS!

My main deck I run is a blue/white merfolk tribal beatdown but yeah I have some other fun decks too.

Also I might not enter brawl because of lack of pratice and some other stuff, such as getting owned by my own suit parts....lol.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
****, Ive been awake for almost 24 hours. This sucks ***.
but it feels so good dosent it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbmu8fGcWaw

Im considering playing MK like this from now on.
man that is genius.....................

I hate you.

Also Emperor is better than Two-Headed Giant but it requires 6 people. :ohwell:
oh snap Emperor is the best. i should bring my magic cards but i only have old school type 2 since i stopped playin type 2 during Planar Chaos. i dont have any type 1 or new type 2 broken-ness so i would get owned by every1 :sadface:.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
That match that tyser posted was officially the worst match I have ever seen. That makes me and Jordan's bout on Green Greens look epic and action-packed....

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
me, joker,kamig,love,kudo,schism,jlo probably,

there is plenty of people considering a lot of us used to play it competitively too bad i can't find 90% of my old cards, especially the rare box

gantrain05

Smash Master
i will counter ur **** time stop bone so don't even try it, and then i'll pull out the take an extra turn after this one card and then turn the tables, EPIC MATCH!!

also i'll probably bring my guitar to this tournament if i don't have money to keep myself occupied and i can't stop playing lately its AWESOME!

Top Bottom