• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
i will counter ur **** time stop bone so don't even try it, and then i'll pull out the take an extra turn after this one card and then turn the tables, EPIC MATCH!!

also i'll probably bring my guitar to this tournament if i don't have money to keep myself occupied and i can't stop playing lately its AWESOME!
Nothing can stop Juan, the Rising Star.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
nvm my last post. I will be making this. I'll reach into my forbidden piggy bank and take out some money I'm not supposed to. Meh.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
This: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=153973

On this and swing for game (with about 16 or 31 merfolk out XD): http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=106642

with this on somebody's land: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=142354

Edit: if anyone is into magic THAT much you guys should download magic workstation, it's a free program that allows you to make custom decks of all existing magic cards and play people online. If you guys are interested just say so or pm me and i'll hook you up with some links, and we can play sometime.

If anyone is at all curious or interested in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom you guys should play it at the next monthly and possibly join the tourney for it. (only $1 entry fee)

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Plank; He plays Brawl the way its supposed to be played. But yeah, I prob wont actually play like that. People will start to hate and kill me after that :'(

Uli

Smash Champion
i guess ill be bringing my one and only magic deck :D
i could probably make a gobs deck, i think ill do that

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Kamig could you please post something on SRK about this. I really don't want to say anything bad. Joker is a very respectable person, but pbj_mixxa would listen to reason.

Echo

Smash Champion
****, i've got plans this weekend, but I really wanna play some magic...
what block do most of you guys play? I don't feel like buying anything new so I'd be pretty old school lol... hopefully I can make the next one.

but for you, Uli... I'll see you at David's :p

BOLT08

Smash Lord
****ing nerds seriously wow.

magic is too real kinda upset that i gave my decks away. I thought i was pretty good at it :D

-JBM

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Plank; He plays Brawl the way its supposed to be played. But yeah, I prob wont actually play like that. People will start to hate and kill me after that :'(
Yet he hasn't won a tourney
But if you started doing this way back they could have called it the Tysa instead of Planking >.0

****, i've got plans this weekend, but I really wanna play some magic...
what block do most of you guys play? I don't feel like buying anything new so I'd be pretty old school lol... hopefully I can make the next one.
Well we pretty much use any cards we have since most of us don't really play but still have the cards for it >.<

Joker and Blank, come with us to Transformers 2!

Well Bone and I wanted to go but Hurricane told us there's a flood waring so now I have to stay home and make sure the basement stays dry for the tourney ^.^

Uli

Smash Champion
yeah thats me kamig, i has spiky hair though O.o

i think joker has been saying that he is going to be replacing sf4 with KOF and blazblue for a while now right? im down to play those games for a buck because i never play then :D

i say we all just play some 3's :DDDD

also im missing a bunch of my good lands for my gobs deck ;_;
and i dont have extra lands hahaha, ill see what i can do

Kamig

Smash Apprentice

i think joker has been saying that he is going to be replacing sf4 with KOF and blazblue for a while now right? im down to play those games for a buck because i never play then :D

Good lands as in nonbasic lands? or good lands as in basic lands?

Because if you mean basic I can hook you up with some mountains/swamps or Forests if it's newer goblins.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

Spiky hair? the only one I can think of is CBK since he entered TvC last time.

And yeah I'll be doing BlazBlue and KOF12 on the next monthly but for this Saturday I'm still doing SF4 and TvC in matter of fact Love bring CvS2 I been wanting to play that game >.0

For land if your using sleeves just turn some cards around and use them as proxys m(_ _)m

Mduo and I should be coming to Joker's tomorrow night. We'll need some team practice.
Oh snap does that mean you two are teaming up o.0
And by the way I forgot to reply but Andy I can put you on the bracket for doubles then hold your match until you arrive just give either Skizm or Razor a call to make sure you still coming ^.^

By the way Love I got AIM >.<
Is under my Brawl FC and stuff d(0.0)b

sluys

Smash Journeyman

Oh snap does that mean you two are teaming up o.0
And by the way I forgot to reply but Andy I can put you on the bracket for doubles then hold your match until you arrive just give either Skizm or Razor a call to make sure you still coming ^.^

Sounds good. I'll talk to you more about it tomorrow.

I'm not sure what I'm doing for the doubles tourney yet. Are Blank or Schism on teams yet? I have more team exp with both of them but I'll get some practice with Mduo and see how we do.

Twinkieftw

Smash Cadet
Seems like the weeks flew by this time...

Anyways, Grinnell will be coming down again. o.ob
Short a team member (Mook) 'cuz he has motorcycle classes or whatever.

See you all this Saturday. :D

~ Twink

Magic Top Hat

Smash Rookie
Hey joker this is evilzangief from SRK, i would just like to say thanks for hosting some SFIV and TVC. Your monthlys are a great place even if i know nothing about smash. I'll be sure to keep making it out for some kof and BB goodness.
(And love, how in gods name did you find me?)

gantrain05

Smash Master
i'll find a way to get some money hopefully blank and we'll win doubles fo sho, and by doubles i mean brawl+ doubles cuz our team is BROKEN lol.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
good shit for everybody that went to the movie. it was pretty bad ass, and all in all pretty good. and if there was anything that would deal with brawl+ everybody knows that i would win \(^o^)/

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Oh man if Joker is going to remove SFIV from the tourney list, I have to play it Saturday with you guys! Should be fun. I play a low tier in that game too...

><

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
wow, im so bored and tired im just makin random posts on some1 elses computer

-Kudou

tiredness........................

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
I'll also be bring battle stadium d.o.n. if anybody wants to play it later at joker's we could just use a melee setup that's not being used, of course asking whoever owns the setup.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
of course it wont matter when jbm is playin brawlol

Hey yoker, have someone get a battle rev set up so I can beat all the pokemangs from home

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well that was me being awake for almost 24 hours and wanting to go to sleep but ppl wouldnt leave my house so i was googleing random Hayate no Gotoku images on Love's laptop cause mine died and i was too lazy to reach for the charger. well that pretty much sums it up

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'd like to come to this! I'm from the southern tip of Illinois right by Kentucky. Its over an eight hour drive for me. And... I need some help.

My Dad is moving to Montana, and I'm driving a U-haul with a car attached to the back lol. It's huge, and I suck at driving. So I need someone to find me an easy place to park near the interstate (Wal-mart, Rest area.. something) and I need someone to pick me up.

Would anyone be willing to pick me up and take me to the tournament? XD Sorry about the inconvience! lol

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
I'd like to come to this! I'm from the southern tip of Illinois right by Kentucky. Its over an eight hour drive for me. And... I need some help.

My Dad is moving to Montana, and I'm driving a U-haul with a car attached to the back lol. It's huge, and I suck at driving. So I need someone to find me an easy place to park near the interstate (Wal-mart, Rest area.. something) and I need someone to pick me up.

Would anyone be willing to pick me up and take me to the tournament? XD Sorry about the inconvience! lol
well there might be some1 but i cant really say right now. when do u plan to be in iowa and when do u plan to leave?

I cant believe im missing this tourney for a piece of crap camp
say what?!? no matt at this tourney? but what about all of the epic pokemon battles that r gonna go down?

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'll be in Iowa late Friday night. If someone could give me housing that would be awesome. If not I can get a hotel somewhere though. It doesn't really matter when I leave. I'll probably leave sometime early Sunday morning though

edit: Actually, I'll be in Iowa by like 8 or 9pm on Friday. How many people do you think will be at the torurnament for Brawl?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well just throwing this out there but joker usually does house OoS ppl that goes to the tourney and we have some lenient ppl here that r willing to house so houseing shouldnt really be a problem i think. from what i've read, there will be ppl stayin over at jokers friday night so maybe something will come from that. i think that finding a place to keep the U-haul is an issue right now

EDIT: well brawl singles usually gets about high 20s to low 30s.

Top Bottom