• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Magic Top Hat

Smash Rookie
Hey guys GGs in IV and TvC, thanks all for entering. I'll be sure you make it out in the future for some BB or KoF.
(And sorry about the setup we stole. It was just ssssooooo open)

§chizm

Smash Lord
Late shoutouts?

Joker: Stop winning everything.

Razor: Only you could get edgehogged with Metaknight :laugh:. Good gamessss though.

Love: Good matches in melee I guess. Also way to not get drunk.

Bone: WTF Melee. Also good SF4 matchesss.

Blank: Dsmash. Loli fighters whatttt? Also, where was your furry suit dude. ;)

Tyser: I hate you for knocking me out both times in Melee. Laser camping bitch (lol hypocrisy). (<3)

Uli: Good melee matches, including the random ass ones. I'm only homo for you (Not really) (maybe?).

JBM: You're a bully. LOL Edward 40 hands.

Bolt: Yousa bitch. Also sorry for no SC. :dizzy:

Deklll: I didn't play you in melee at all for once (though that's probably Tyser's fault :mad:), but good SF4 matches haha. Also thanks for restraining your boy love.

Zash: Awesome melee games (randomly innapropriate tags FTW). King 9s.

Peeks: I...don't think I played you in anything at all. Bummer.

Grinnel: Good games in dubs and melee.

MO: I think I only played a total of two matches with any of you. I heard shenanigans happened though. You guys left before drinks happened as well. Awesome hats as usual.

JLO: Sorry to hear you were sick dude. I hear that The AIDS is a bitch.

Zoze: Good stuff in teams, too bad we couldn't go all the way. We need to play games again sometime. Also try not to hit Z or R twice next time you're driving.

Ptato/Afrayail(?): Good games, nice to know there's some other players around the area. You guys should come play some more games sometime.

Anyone I forgot: I...really don't care.

DSMASH: Thank you for being awesome.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I almost made it all the way to Montana without falling asleep. I'm ok, and we have insurance. I'll post more later
Well it's good to know you're fine.

Wait a second. Were those real photos or fake ones (the wreck)?
I'm pretty sure they are real cause he mention he was driving a U-Haul plus he did had to drive around 6hrs after he left the tourney.

And also Uli yes can you please upload them into MegaUpload so I can try to make a montage before BB gets on the way ^.^

Shad_Bad

Smash Rookie
Wut 9?!

*Opens mouth to say something but closes it* XD
Anyway, heard there were some tough times and angry people ova at teh tourny...Hopefully things are good next time, I'll make it for sure ^_^ Only thing that might get in the way is an appointment or my depression >.> (WORK FASTER MEDICINE!) Anyway, it's a **** shame I didn't make it. Lot's of things I wanted to do there...I also wanted to do that double with: Blank, Kamig, and Juhoker...would'a been fun but maybe next time...I'mm'a work better at Brawl, haven't touched it for a while now...been having too much fun with my Wii. (Thanks Blank! I luv you man!) Anyway, if possible I'll see about hitching a ride with Kamig if he hasn't already gone to your house for some friendlies, unless someone can give me a ride? (I is can has be hobo nao?) Also, I like that epic combo post Joker and Bone did. It was delicious! *Fanfare*
Also, I is glad everyone is OK ^_^

ace156

Smash Apprentice
i should prolly do shoutouts, but i have to work now so i will post some random shouts later today.
But for now; GG's everyone that i faced, i still need more practice though ><

ZhaR not czar

Smash Rookie
So, I went to the tourney for a couple of hours. Didn't actually participate in the tourney itself because of conflicts in schedules, though. Anyways, it was really pretty awkward for me. Since I didn't really know anybody at all, it was difficult to talk to anybody, and I didn't even catch the names of the few people that I did talk to. Next time, I've gotta actually compete, 'cus that'll give me a reason to get around and talk with some people.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
GG's to all!

Shoutouts:

Joker: Too good as usual! It just sucked that you got cheated out of $18 in TvC. I need Snake training from you. ;)

Uli: I know I'm a Digimon nerd. :laugh: Keep us updated on that Omaha Con man!

Tyser: It was fun going to Wal-Mart to get you a contact case. Also keep quizzing me on Digimon. I can't lose. :laugh: GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY BABY!

JBM: Fun drinking with you again man. I gotta make its out to Glenwood one of these days to do some drinking out there with you.

Bolt: Good seeing you again man.

Dekline: Salt is too good. Thanks for chaperoning all Saturday night.

Nicole: I finally got to talk to you during a tourney.

Rest of MO Crew: Always good seeing you guys. You guys always make epic **** happen.

Grinell Crew: Good seeing you guys. Its always nice to see you guys come out. Should come down to Joker's sometime even if there isn't a tourney.

Zash: Fellow Sheik main, gotta uphold that ***** in Brawl man! Fun Falcon and Friendly matches!

Peeks: Hope that mail-order bride works out for you. :laugh:

Kudou: Always good hanging with you my Asian Bro.

Bone: Congrats on 3rd man!

I'll put some more up later when I remember.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So, I went to the tourney for a couple of hours. Didn't actually participate in the tourney itself because of conflicts in schedules, though. Anyways, it was really pretty awkward for me. Since I didn't really know anybody at all, it was difficult to talk to anybody, and I didn't even catch the names of the few people that I did talk to. Next time, I've gotta actually compete, 'cus that'll give me a reason to get around and talk with some people.
Aw man, I didn't even know you showed up. I was there all night, I couldn't have missed you. :dizzy: Next time man, maybe midwest circuit champsionships.

ZhaR not czar

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I had no idea who was who. It's possible that you saw me and just didn't know... My most defining trait is my (about) shoulder length blondish hair (Yes, I'm a guy.) If you don't remember ever seeing me, then it's not a big deal at all. I'm just gonna make sure to be relatively active on this thread from now on, so that I don't feel as awkward next time around.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
you should wear a nametag or be a douche
That is generally how I remember people. Games tonight will be good. Joker you are bringing Blaze Blue correct? I will have a tv ready for it. First time games are at my place.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Did Jesse get the camera?
Haha, I lost to every samus I played that tournament. I'm suprised you guys remebered/brought that up. You'll have to bug zozefup about those videos; they're stuck in his camera or something.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
OK i am going to do some quick shoutouts, which i dont normally do, so if they are terrible. just get over it ><

Andy: your playstyle is terrible, and you really suck at this game. you should quit while your still respectably behind. jk, you know what i think of you, we have been playing all the time before and after the tourney.

Cook: Your olimar is awesome, i just can not touch the ground, because if i do, i get owned.... simple as that ><

Blank: i need moar kirby practice :( . hopefully ill be able to atleast do something next time i have to face your kirby.

Uli: games are always fun when i play against you, even if they are in a tourney they are still awesome. one of these times i wont face you so you can get ahead and start beating others ><.

Nicole: i told Andy to lose against me (haha) because i was hoping to get a couple matches farther, would have been interesting to see the matchup of your peach vs mk.

Ngamer3k: good friendly matches, i was happy i wasn't destroyed by your yoshi like i was at last months tourney haha.

tony stark: go make some bombs....errrr..... haha i hope that sometime ill get to face your MK again in a tourney match, i have been practicing up on the MK ditto a lot after that month.

Joker: i didnt face you at all, but im sure we will get some friendlies in at some point when you have people head over, just give a heads up like usual and ill try to make it.

Zash: YES!! well.... no.... haha i need to pick up a new character if i ever plan on beating you ><

Twink: GG's, it was enjoyable having our matches, hopefully you will be around the next monthlies

to anyone else that i either forgot... or basically didn't talk to/play. hope it was a good tourney for everyone and ill probably see you at the next one!

Uli

Smash Champion
yo JOKER!
i just got done capturing the video
its like fucking 9 gigzzzzzz in THE BEST quality
do you still want it because its going to take awhile to upload and shiiiiit

i was planning on making my own version of da montage
if anyone actually watches all the brawl matches they should totally tell me what matches something awesome happens so it can be thrown into the montage :D

btw how is blazblue, i heard it came out
i need to get a pstriple >_>

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
talking about Tourney*** seems youtube took down the tourney crabs migrating to winter vid, that was the best vid ever

PortCity

Smash Ace
Razor's house was a BUNCH of fun. I elect we take over his basement! :-D Anyway, Good Games last night.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
BlazBlue is too fun, i gotta start learning combos and movesets. if i cant learn rachel then i might have to switch to jin and noel since i can actully play them a bit

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I finally found internet (had to go to the Library). Sorry guys, the pictures were fake lol. The real story is just as cool though. I meant to get online days ago and post shout outs and explain the pics, but there is no internet in Montana. Actually, theres NOTHING in Montana. Not even people. It freaks me out.

Anyway, that RV towing the car was about 500 feet in front of me and he fell asleep! He ran off the shoulder into the grass. Then he woke up and freaked out! So he over corrected like crazy and flipped the whole rig lol. I was 500 feet behind him, but I couldn't stop very fast in that Uhaul, so I slammed on my breaks. When I did the back end flipped around and threw me in the grass. I pulled the dude out of the RV and waited for the police. He was ok. It took about 45 min for the tow truck to get there and pull the RV out of the way so I could drive around him :(. But yeah.. it was INSANE watching that RV flip right in front of me.

Other than that, the drive was crazy. I usually don't get tired when I drive; driving is like playing a video game. You can't fall asleep. So I decided to put it to the test. I left jokers at about 1:30am and drove non stop (22 hours) to great falls, Montana. Total about 36 hour of no sleep! I didn't really get tired either. So I made it to Montana on time, my parents weren't mad, and they had no idea I spent 30 hours at a smash tournament :) To bad that RV doesn't have my no sleep driving skills :p

Shout outs:

Iowa- You guys were all awesome. I wish I lived closer. Your probably my favorite crew of smashers.

Joker- Thanks for hosting the tournament and giving me tips and Snake experience. I'll keep working on that match up and I'll probably see you in Kansas.

Zoze: I don't really have anything to say to you other than I hope your drive was safe. Stalling is complete bs but I guess its part of the game. And saying sorry afterwards is even more bs. But all in all I got my revenge so whatever.
Razor- lol lame shout out dude. I think I talked and played for games with you than anyone else. Us MKs gotta stick together. Thanks for all the match up tips, I think I improved a ton this tournament because of that. But yeah sorry again about the stalling. I'm kinda like Overswarm on that issue. I think Green Greens, stalling, and planking should all be banned. So I'm going to keep doing it until it does get banned. Amazing Amphros gay'd Rob Gambino out of a set G&W and Green Greens. I thought it was gay, so I picked up G&W and counter pick it every time so people will realize how stupid that stage is. I understand it's not the best argument, but it makes people realize how stupid the stage is and I get free tournament wins in the process XD

I have a lot more shout outs to post, but my library internet time is about to expire lol.

Uli

Smash Champion
gregory, christopher, anthferny
tyser said the smash tourny is free
i think ima try to change that because im helping running the tourny
im going to see if i can pick up my badge on friday and see if i can hax it :3

im working on the montage
people gotta help me find brawl combo's because i cant watch brawl for very long
HELP ME OUT!!!

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
gregory, christopher, anthferny
tyser said the smash tourny is free
i think ima try to change that because im helping running the tourny
im going to see if i can pick up my badge on friday and see if i can hax it :3

im working on the montage
people gotta help me find brawl combo's because i cant watch brawl for very long
HELP ME OUT!!!
I think joker watches all of them, ask him.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Greg and folk who are coming down Saturday, when do you guys plan on showing up because Ill be at the con for quite a while I think. Unless you guys are coming to the con also ($50 at the door).

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
You guys have to get the footage off MTKD's camera or whoevers of me doing a bicycle kick, and also me pretending to be a magikarp.

Also, Joker can probably mesh in a bunch of tourney vids. Maybe you should just find some good clips and send them to Joker Uli?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Hey, Greg and folk who are coming down Saturday, when do you guys plan on showing up because Ill be at the con for quite a while I think. Unless you guys are coming to the con also ($50 at the door).
i dont think that i can go to that con anymore since i dont really have money to pay $50 at the door for pretty much a one day event. thats too much money more poor me. if anything i would like some BB practice this weekend

Uli

Smash Champion
i dont think that i can go to that con anymore since i dont really have money to pay $50 at the door for pretty much a one day event. thats too much money more poor me. if anything i would like some BB practice this weekend
im gonna see if i can get you guys in fur free some way :3

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Same for me with BB practice lol.

I think I'll be finishing Sonic Unleashed so I can sell it to buy BlazBlue. Thats how dedicated I am to getting BlazBlue, so dedicated I'd go through Sonic Unleashed. V.V

Top Bottom