• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I lied about not entering Melee. I totally will be. Except Im gonna play Mewtwo the whole time. BELIEVE IT!

No Im not doing teams even though its a dollar. Ill be spending that dollar on Blazblue.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I lied about not entering Melee. I totally will be. Except Im gonna play Mewtwo the whole time. BELIEVE IT!

No Im not doing teams even though its a dollar. Ill be spending that dollar on Blazblue.
Good choice.

They wouldn't help me because I didn't want brawl+.......
Well basically you need this: http://wiird.l0nk.org/dl/codemgr1.2.zip. Then get codes that you want from the smash workshop area. To get rid of Brawl+ just get rid of the current gct inside the "codes" folder from your SD card. Replace that with your own codeset that has the texture code, then follow Falco400's guide and you should be good. Tell me if theres any trouble.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
I've been dabbling in a little kof12 and I see why you think it's sooooooooooo much fun joker. I love getting critical counters they're so satisfying when you pull them off. Quick but stupid question about kof12 is it going to be 3v3 and 99 secs time? Because I've been hearing that 60 is better for it, I think 99 would be fine but I was just wondering.

I hope nobody freaks out like wicker man because of my arakune's bees lol, I'll admit he's really bull**** but he's so fun as well and that's why I play him. I hope we have decent entrys for BB.

Uli

Smash Champion
woooo, stoked for BB!
3 from NE
maybe like 5 from IA?
how ever many from SRK?

melee seems fun lol
i might do brawl?

i gotta practice BB more D:::

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'm not particularly fond of BB (GG seems better to me in all ways but graphics), but I'll probably enter anyway.

Also we never have enough people for melee doubles.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Melee should go down to $1 since nobody gives a fuck about it anymore. All in favor?
There is only one person who will be against this I bet XD
Changed my mind, Im gonna use Fox at this tournament.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
in other news...
If I play yoker in brawlol singles,
Ill win

Fear me yoker
"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you" >.<

Oi Joker! Me and peeks will show up Friday sometime! We've decided we miss your cozy basement fire too much! Hope to see all you there!
Fire good XP
But yeah kool plus I want to see Peeks awesome shoes and jacket <3

I've been dabbling in a little kof12 and I see why you think it's sooooooooooo much fun joker. I love getting critical counters they're so satisfying when you pull them off. Quick but stupid question about kof12 is it going to be 3v3 and 99 secs time? Because I've been hearing that 60 is better for it, I think 99 would be fine but I was just wondering.
KOF is just too good I been playing it since 96 so yeah ^.^
Also I'm pretty sure it's going to be 3v3 cause it isn't KOF unless we make it 3v3 >.0
As for time I use 99 but really I don't care which one, so I guess what ever people prefer.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im entering melee fo sho, and gonna be my first melee tourney that i won't tie for last, cuz im gonna knock jbm into losers first round!! yeah, thats jlo talkin ****! well, im gonna at least take a stock and try not to cry.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i am against 1 dollar tournament.

i am playing falcon/sheik, they are my new mains.

also who is driving riding to this?
good, keep that ***** marth away from me, you know i can't just not get grabbed, although, i don't approve of shiek either, play a real mans character like ganon!!

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Im taking Uli, Dekline and Matt which would make my car full.

Ill be needing $5 for gas from Uli and Dekline please :D Just a heads up.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
If youre Falco, then do the same spit in every match.

Laser laser laser laser laser [insert move here or Pillar] laser laser laser laser Fsmash laser laser laser laser Win.

He's the easiest char in the game for a reason XD

gantrain05

Smash Master
If youre Falco, then do the same spit in every match.

Laser laser laser laser laser [insert move here or Pillar] laser laser laser laser Fsmash laser laser laser laser Win.

He's the easiest char in the game for a reason XD
yeah, lasers are fun lol. Fsmash is broken, Bair is good, i don't pillar cuz people just DI lol.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i say 5 dollar round robin, that would be intense/sweet.

also we should have a playoff for the top 2 placers, or the top 3 play best record wins the tourney.

Uli

Smash Champion
round robin COULD take forever, my lordoooo
depending on entrants ill decide if its RR or pools then bracket
we had a decent turn out last time so O.o ( full 16 man bracket )

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Ive done the calculations (315 max matches * 3 minutes roughly [per match] / 2, 3 or 4 TVs / 60 minutes = Hours and minutes)
Incase youre dumb and couldnt figure out my calculations in the first place

Assuming we have 15 people and 2 TVs and every set goes the distance (3 matches), round robin is gonna take 7-9 hours to finish.

3 TVs: 5-6 hours.

4 TVs: 4-5 hours.

So unless we skip teams we are not doing Round Robin.

If the tournament is Round Robin, its not going to be $5 also. Thats just fucking stupid.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Yeah we'll see i mean MAYBE WE CAN EVEN DO F*CKING TEAMS THIS TIME? JESUS H ***** ****ING CHRIST ULI!

Razor where you at?
Razorr mebbe I go to ur place and we carpoolz from therez? Then come back to Ames and drink laterz? Possibly? Maybe? It depends on what Ryan and etc. are doing.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure we could only do teams if it was like a dollar or something, then pretty much everyone would enter (Didn't we do this once?)

Also I'm sort of looking forward to KoF. Even though I don't actually understand any of the game mechanics (even though there's like two of them).

I won't be there until like 2:15 or so due to work (not like it matters).

gantrain05

Smash Master
teams are fun, i guess. im poor games so i'll enter if its like $1 lol. i might not even be able to afford brawl so we'll see.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
sorry some people like to play alot of smash tyser.

i am one of them.

also teams 1 dollar?

ALSO wow bolt you are drunk. you are bad at smash you can't and never will stand a chance against my kirby!

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Looks like he won't be banned.... but I was pretty positive this was going to be the end result.

On a different note, since this tournament will have a much diminished attendance I think we should do a $5 low tier brawl tournament instead of the typical singles. We should only be able to use D tier and below, so that means playable characters are....

D Tier - Bowser, Zelda, Pokemon Trainer, Ike
E Tier - Lucas, Mario, Ness, Yoshi, Samus
F Tier - Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Link, Ganondorf

We certainly can do this for doubles too if people want. But it is just an idea.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
If we do a low tier tourney we should go by the character ranking's tiers.

C: Ness, Fox, Donkey Kong, Pokémon Trainer, Peach, Sonic
D: Luigi, Pit, Lucario, Yoshi, Zelda/Sheik, Link, Bowser, Wolf
E: Captain Falcon, Ike, Ganondorf, Lucas, Samus, Mario, Jigglypuff

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Yeah sure. I got too lazy to finish FF9 after I got through like 5 hours and found out the PS3 needs to make a separate internal memory card for PS1 games...

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i agree that we should do an all falcon brawl tourney.

see who has the best brawl falcon, obviously it will be me :)

but seriously, all falcon brawl tourney? thats the only way i'm entering brawl

Top Bottom