• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you need .pac files for Samus/ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, and the PT Pokemon otherwise their data gets messed up.
could just be a bad .pcs and it's just getting a load error freeze when it loads on the css though.
my suggestion: use an sd card instead of isos <_<

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
You're actually getting your car fixed???!!! I got a question for you, will your name stay that way afterthe whatever months you paid for or does it go back to being normal?

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I regret to inform everyone that ONCE AGAIN my family has destroyed my life and me and peeks will not be attending this month. It's a long and boring story that I will spare you all the details of, but basically my family from out of state came by for the weekend and my dad will not let me take my car which is technically his. There are much mindgames and guilt trips involved with his strategy and his ploys have worked. So essentially my word is **** now, and I'm aware and sorry for this. Maybe next month guys. I'm gonna go find some possums so that I can punt them. FML

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
You're actually getting your car fixed???!!! I got a question for you, will your name stay that way afterthe whatever months you paid for or does it go back to being normal?
i think that it actually goes back to normal when ur paid time is over since it is a membership that last for how much u paid. im think about gettin a premium membership just so i can make my own title and such

I regret to inform everyone that ONCE AGAIN my family has destroyed my life and me and peeks will not be attending this month. It's a long and boring story that I will spare you all the details of, but basically my family from out of state came by for the weekend and my dad will not let me take my car which is technically his. There are much mindgames and guilt trips involved with his strategy and his ploys have worked. So essentially my word is **** now, and I'm aware and sorry for this. Maybe next month guys. I'm gonna go find some possums so that I can punt them. FML
no way mang thats to bad to hear, its been forever since u guys were down here in DSM. its gonna have to be next time i guess :sadface:

Uli

Smash Champion
ZAAAASSSSHHH
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
D:::::

in other news who wants to go to ponyo tonight :3

ace156

Smash Apprentice
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dang, man i was looking forward to having some matches against you, especially with C.Falcon

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
tyser uli and matt are here at gregs house :DDD

-uli

whats going down??
we are going to bdubs tonight and maybe go see ponyo :D

Kamig

Smash Apprentice

Actually GameStop has it right now >.0

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!11!11!1!1!1!111!!!11!11!111
jk lol.

Is there any way we can get a BB/KOF12 setup for casuals before they start? otherwise I can bring my 360 and I have a friend who can bring a tv. Or we could just hook your ps3 up to his tv if you need an extra one.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
a tv would be nice :D
love is bringing a ps3, we got 2 good sticks and 1 shiiiittyyy stick

aka ponyo was amazing

-uli :3

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
i Regret To Inform Everyone That Once Again My Family Has Destroyed My Life And Me And Peeks Will Not Be Attending This Month. It's A Long And Boring Story That I Will Spare You All The Details Of, But Basically My Family From Out Of State Came By For The Weekend And My Dad Will Not Let Me Take My Car Which Is Technically His. There Are Much Mindgames And Guilt Trips Involved With His Strategy And His Ploys Have Worked. So Essentially My Word Is **** Now, And I'm Aware And Sorry For This. Maybe Next Month Guys. I'm Gonna Go Find Some Possums So That I Can Punt Them. Fml
God Dammit Skyzim!

Aramosu

Smash Rookie
Joke's on me!

So, your friendly guitar playin' Blazblue lover, Aramosu here. Was new to Joker's today and enjoyed it all except that hole Schizim... (JK man, all have the right to opinion).
Nah, all the people were great, Joker's beard = awesome, and everyone was pretty friendly.
I didn't get the chance to see the final bout due to some un-mentionable circumstances, but from what I saw and played, there were some great gamers up to the plate.
All said, I did nub level Noel and was smashing face in practice but sucked somethin' fierce in tourney. Just gonna take a step back, breathe heavy, examine a pic of my favorite Blazblue character, suck it up, and come back swingin' next time. Hope to see you all there again, the play was great. Controller shakes to you all.

BTW, BANANA JIN RULES!!!

/wave

Aramosu

Smash Rookie
Joke's a rollin'

Well, I'll be maining Noel still, I just gotta fine tune the crap I'm already doing and not make so many mistakes.

On a side note, I heard that Joker's has had up around 60 people at times? Pretty big compared to this time around. It was kinda small compared to some tourneys I've been to, but the company was good. Better than the FPS a-holes I'm used to dealing with at Halo Tourneys and crap like that. (back when I used to actually play halo)

I think that I'm gonna be grinding alot of ODST when it comes out if anyone is ever interested in some FPS action, but if I get too involved in World of Warcraft to do anything else, if my GF doesn't kill me, someone please take a shotgun and off me like the lead singer of Nirvana--thank you Raptor Jesus--so as I may not delve to the depths of sucking at EVERY game type I can possibly play.

But yeah, if anyone is interested in any FPS matches, let me know, cause when the new FPS's start rolling in, I'm gonna do my best to be all over that like Dedede on a Smash-Ball.
(A little out of the venue, but figured I'd put it out there like a cheap hooker with analogies as potent as Kamig's mum's constant PMSing.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well guys this was a short tourney mainly do to the fact that most of the people who come have to start school soon so yeah T.T
However we still manage to have a fun one, shoutouts later >.0

Brawl Singles:
1: Jlo (Every Low tier from D,E,F)
2: Blank:ness2:
3: Joker:samus2:
4: Razor:yoshi2:
5: Captain Love:falcon:
5: Andy:mario2:
7: Uli:ike::falcon:
7: Skizm:ike::jigglypuff:
9: Mduo:random:
9: Mushroomring:pt:
9: Vos:lucas:
13: Yosh:random:

In case you were wondering this was a Low Tier Tourney using Chars from D, E, and F.

Brawl Doubles:
1: Why So Serious (Joker+Razor)
2: Team Ames (Andy+Vos)
3: Xerxes And Leonidas BFF (Mduo+Bonehimer)
4: Why So Much More Serious (Blank+Jlo)
4: Coffee Creamer (C.Love+CBK)
My laptop froze and didn't save the bracket but this is the results >.<

BlazeBlue:
1: Blank
2: Dekline
3: Tyser Lyfoung
4: Kamig
5: Damage Inc
5: Skizm
7: Mduo
7: Aramosu
9: Mushroomring
9: Uli

Uli

Smash Champion
GG's :3
gotta learn atricuno matchup >_>

jlo ***** low tiers
melee is a bad game lolol

Aramosu

Smash Rookie
aramuso has very amusing posts.

no hate.

The art of amusing and entertaining posts is like having sex: every forum is different, has it's own time of the month, and regardless of how good you are with your hands, it takes some warming up and a lot of trial and error to get to that final depth and penetrate the wall that separates nubs from epic level 80 warriors.

I try my best to keep my text to a minimum, but as you see, I always have a lot to say, and that's what makes me interesting, because I also don't care what people think (Schizim, jk, Kamig's mum, not so jk). I did try to start a blog once, but that died when I realized I don't like people.

Anyhow, I'd just like to state ahead of time while I'm thinking of it, hot-keying specials to the right stick on BlazBlue is banned. I messed up by not mentioning such beforehand, but now it's out there for anyone who was not at Joker's yesterday. Using hot-keys on that game is unfair to players who use Arcade Sticks, and also it is banned from major tourneys due to the fact that there are no shortcuts in the regular inputs, making hot-keys for such moves as Tager's 360 B and his 720 D cheap as hell.

If anyone wants some good practice for Blazblue and doesn't have the game, hit me up at 515-537-0406. I have it for xbox 360 and could really use the practice myself. If you have xbox live, the tag is "Meat On My Taco".

Hope you all enjoy the greatness of video games as death comes closer each day. Life sucks, no one is perfectly healthy, and we all suck at most things in the world, embrase your inner nub and have a horrible day of beating people half near death.

/wave

Uli

Smash Champion
Official MeeRee Results!:

DUB NUBS:
1: old school poop (yosh echo) (14 dollars LOL)
2: jbm uli
3: schism v2k
4: dekl joker
5: razor bolt
6: jlo blank
7: mangoII (love mtkd)

Singles BAHBAAY:
1: echo ($45.00)
2: jbm ($19.00)
3: dekl ($1.00)
4: bolt
5: tyser
5: yosh
7: uli
7: love
9: mtkd
9: razor
9: kudou
9: schism
13: jlo

i think thats how GF went?!? w/e doesnt matter

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Im done doing Tyser's Rankings so here is the results for this spit (Nebraska/Iowa Fake Melee Circuit if anyone is wondering what this is for):

1 JBM
2 Tyser
3 Smeesh
4 Dekline
5 Yosh
6 Echo
7 Schism
8 Uli
9 Secks.
10 Captain Love
11 Bolt
12 Big Burn