• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
I finally got banned lol. I thought it was going to happen a few weeks ago when I was going off at the Nebraska thread. Here's the dealio, everytime I get banned I wont post for 7 days. It starts NOW!

This will be the toughest week all year -_-

Overused defense by people too dumb to go to make it into college or do well in school.
-_- I agree, but he really did say that exact quote before.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, Andy was with Nicole, how cute...I wonder if he called her pet names while they played :-D
The answer to your question is yes. Our unofficial team name was "Cheatin' on Cook."

Speaking of Cook I'm super proud of his singles placing and I suggest he pick up Wario for doubles since the synergy with Peach is too good.

Cook

Smash Master
The answer to your question is yes. Our unofficial team name was "Cheatin' on Cook."

Speaking of Cook I'm super proud of his singles placing and I suggest he pick up Wario for doubles since the synergy with Peach is too good.
I was actually thinking about picking up Wario or G&W.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I wanted to thank Razor, Joker, Sluys (Andy) and everyone else who let me go to No Koast with you. It was a lot of fun.

@Joker: We NEED more PSI Magnet healing spam. OM NOM NOM.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I'm in the lines of either keep playing Smash competitvely or quttting and playing for fun. I know I had a tough pool and I appreciate all of you who believes in my ability to win, but I just can't stand losing anymore. I know I have things to work on and apply, but it just can't run through my head during games. I really don't see people's patterns in attack and really can't think 10 moves ahead or so. Smash was never a waste of money because I met all of you because of Smash and hope that we aren't all "Smash Friends" and are actually real friends for all of you that I see almost on a regular base. I'm just speaking my mind because of No Koast and what it displayed. It was a fun tourney and met awesome people down there too. Well those are my 2 cents.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
@Cook - G&W might be a bit easier/effective but Wario is tons of fun. I can't hate on G&W anymore after the recent Skyzim/Inferno/Peeks encounters.

@Y1NK - Enter singles next time with the money you take from the other Ness players. You'll have too much fun in pools.

@Cpt. L0v3 - You have a deal as long as you keep making Michael Jackson noises and reminding me to Fsmash

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
It's not my fault that they challenge me. I got a lot of money off of them and the satisfaction of almost 3 stocking one. He basically got ***** by Ness, a kid with down syndrome and a speech impediment. (I love him anyways but he sounds SO weird)

I'll enter singles next time Andy, I should've though you're right. My pool was really easy minus Ripple. I almost beat him though in both matches, it gave him a good scare.

EDIT: @Boko: As long as you come with us and continue to give me free hugs and weird sound effects I'm perfectly happy with that. I completely understand you though...I mean the match with Type_EX and Lil Will or whatever was freaking ridiculous. Planking the whole match while one is at like, 3% and the other at 13%? That's just complete bull****. If that's how you want to win you must be desperate.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Captains Loves voices tier list
Top tier
Waspinator
Middle tier
Michael Jackson
Fap fap fap tier
Girl from bible black

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I'm gonna go voice Hentai and you guys won't know it was me. I sometimes really consider to become a voice actor. I just like to keep people entertained.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
You should seriously try out for some fandubs, but supposedly in the long run voice acting pays less then working at fast food places. However if you become popular you will have cons flying you all over the country for you to attend.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yink: The Mother Team is too good >.0
Plus the PSI Magnet healing was awesome after a couple of matches we pretty much had it down.

Love: Don't quit smash T.T
But yeah you had a pretty tough pool I saw some of your matches and they where pretty close.

All in all NK2 was a fun tourney we didn't place as high as we were hoping but can't win them all <(^.^<)

I'll take this time to apologize to everyone from Iowa who came with us because I didn't won and couldn't go to Sex World but maybe next time >.0

Besides that guys, it's finally up ^.^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqoCzJNroZ0

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
I agree with Joker, do not quit, this tourny was huge in terms of big names. I have thought the same things before, but im still here and couldnt be happier. At least keep it up for the monthlies. Plus me and you can get good together next semester ;)

Trent

Smash Champion
I'm in the lines of either keep playing Smash competitvely or quttting and playing for fun. I know I had a tough pool and I appreciate all of you who believes in my ability to win, but I just can't stand losing anymore. I know I have things to work on and apply, but it just can't run through my head during games. I really don't see people's patterns in attack and really can't think 10 moves ahead or so. Smash was never a waste of money because I met all of you because of Smash and hope that we aren't all "Smash Friends" and are actually real friends for all of you that I see almost on a regular base. I'm just speaking my mind because of No Koast and what it displayed. It was a fun tourney and met awesome people down there too. Well those are my 2 cents.
I agree with the others, don't quit. Unless you honestly just don't get any fun out of playing smash, then don't quit. You have no idea how many times I thought of quitting Smash because I get frustrated that my Sawnik tricks don't work, but I just remember how fun I have during a majority of my matches and it strives me to get better. But seriously don't quit, your Marth's fun / frustrating to fight.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Yink: I'll take this time to apologize to everyone from Iowa who came with us because I didn't won and couldn't go to Sex World but maybe next time >.0

Besides that guys, it's finally up ^.^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqoCzJNroZ0
I just wanted to say that during our match, despite my serious face, I was laughing really hard on the inside everytime people said we were going to sex world.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Inferno are you implying by that statement that I wanted to go to sex world? Haha.

Poor Blank wouldn't have been able to go in anyways.

Thanks for the vid Joker!

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
I couldnt even stay away for more than 24 hours lol.

Yeah, so I guess Im not gonna play Smash as seriously anymore. I just broke my controller and I dont plan on buying a new one. -_-

- Tyser

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
wow just when some ppl want out of competitive smash, im thinkin of goin back in. im highly considering of goin back into the cometitive scene and not just playin for kicks anymore like i have for the pass few months. im gonna try to get back into brawl single competitively since i dont think that im a bad player, its just that i dont play/care enought. i might get into doubles if i can find myself a consistant partner to team up with. melee wise, mostly likely its just gonna be just singles if i can find a consistant char to play instead of playin everybody.

EDIT:

Poor Blank wouldn't have been able to go in anyways.
lol i just saw this and i rofl, its kind of made me think of that one time we were talkin about goin to sex world after that one tourney, i dont remember which tourney it was but it was full of win \(^o^)/

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
wow just when some ppl want out of competitive smash, im thinkin of goin back in. im highly considering of goin back into the cometitive scene and not just playin for kicks anymore like i have for the pass few months. im gonna try to get back into brawl single competitively since i dont think that im a bad player, its just that i dont play/care enought. i might get into doubles if i can find myself a consistant partner to team up with. melee wise, mostly likely its just gonna be just singles if i can find a consistant char to play instead of playin everybody.
It's not a bad idea. I'm not quitting yet, though my main puts me at so many disadvantages it's not even funny. If you do find a doubles partner Kudou make sure you have a good plan for how to fight. The match at No Koast with Lee using Lucario to just **** Lain and his partner was both amazing and hilarious, such a morbid strategy.

Just don't be Lil Will for singles and plank the whole match and then run over to Type_EX and hit him in the last like 10 sec. That was freaking ridiculous. Such a boring way to fight and a sad way to win.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I've been playing a lot of brawl lately just cause none of my friends will play me in melee. :( (I guess I **** them too badly to make it any sort of fun?)

I am in LOVE with Zamus. She's too good. Maybe someday if Razor ever gets around to teaching me how to play even the slightest i'll enter a tourney. Although, i think the game is way more fun if you just **** around. 4 Captain falcons on hyrule temple = win.

Also, physical therapy is a *****.

Trent

Smash Champion
So.. the tournament the 14th that's replacing the monthly, is it going to be double elimination and the same stage list as Joker's? Or MYSTERY?

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
Its standard rule set. Joker is running it, its just going to be at AllPlay instead of Joker's house.

As for the Machida/Shogun fight:

Shogun CLEARLY won. He dealt the heaviest, more damaging attacks in the fight. He controlled the entire fight. Every time Machida attempted to put on aggression he'd take a tough kick to the ribs. Machida also didnt even land anything spectacular. Nothing he did hurt Shogun. Machida just danced around the ring the whole 5 rounds taking kick by kick by kick. If I had to judge this fight how you judged it Kudou, mine would go like this:

(Clean) Strikes: Shogun only threw kicks in this fight. Every time he landed one Machida got mad discouraged and backed off. Machida had a few decent flurries in the fight but at the same time Shogun always countered him with a huge body kick that would demoralize him. In the striking department, it goes to Shogun EASILY. The end of the fight paints a perfect picture. Machida is all battle damaged and red and scarred and Shogun looks like he's just getting ready to fight lol.

Grappling: None.

(Octagonal) Control: Machida ran around as usual. I dont consider that control especially when youre getting hit while doing it. Shogun was the more patient fighter and I believe he controlled the fight. Every time Machida ran around he just wasted a ton of energy plus those leg kicks are draining him after each second. Basically, the stuff in bold though.

Aggression: I agree that Machida put forth more aggression in this fight than other fights but that was honestly his only option. He was getting torn to shreds trying to run away from Shogun. More aggression from Machida still didnt make him the better aggressor in this fight though. Shogun stalked him the entire fight and Machida looked hella paranoid about Shogun's leg kicks and body kicks.

I hated how at the end of the fight the dude is like "You gotta beat the champion to be the champion" because Shogun CLEARLY OWNED Machida. IMO, he won 5 rounds to none. I know it sounds like Im totally hugging Shogun's dick but Im a Machida fan saying this. The dude lost. UFC is such garbage. BRING BACK PRIDE!

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
u saw the fight on how most people did, Shogun should have won, but i guess that it seems the judges scored the fight differently in machida's favor but oh well, its the ufc. personally im happy that Machida won since i've been a machida fan since he beat Tito Ortiz back at UFC 84. but ehh, it doesnt make a difference anymore

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Eh, Yink, I see your point about the disadvantage thing (seeing as how OS says MK is an impossible match up for ROB and he made a big post talking about how he gives up on it; and we sure see plenty of MKs around.. I don't even pull ROB out against Connor anymore unless he uses one of his alts.)

I don't know, it's just you do pretty well considering the tiers and whatnot.. it's like, Sonic is pretty disadvantaged (lol, wut kill move?) and mah buddy Trent is still staying strong with him and I think he plays pretty **** well. It's like, if you have a main, stick to it? maybe have an alt for the impossible matches, if you have any.. but I don't even have an actual main. I have ~5 characters I bounce around between, not really focusing on any (though I think I'm gonna finally hammer down on Holymolymar and stop killing myself 2x a match >.>) You've said many times you have a passion for those crazy kids--why not stick to it? I think that's pretty cool, Connor and I are both jealous of people that can be so dedicated to a character, regardless of tier.

Or if you still think it's so bad playing Ness, you can pick up MK... LOL.

Alternatively, you can quote some of the members of the "anti-ban" side in the MK wars.... "STOP COMPLAINING AND JUST GET BETTER LOLOL. There aren't impossible match ups against MK! You just suck! Practice moar and be like Ally!" (rofl)

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
I agree with that post, to a degree.

I use Samus in Melee and shes friggin terrible XD With enough practice and dedication you can beat those stupid high/top tiers though. Just remember youre going to have to try 100x harder since youre using a god awful character, but hey thats what makes the game fun, at least for me.

Yes, I secondary Fox -_-

Top Bottom