• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be in des moines on this exact day, except for a street fighter tourney that has brawl as its side.

But I'm thinking about coming to this instead :D

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be in des moines on this exact day, except for a street fighter tourney that has brawl as its side.

What youre talking about is probably this . . . If that SF4 tournament you speak of is Redemption, then its the same as Jokers. We'll all be there.

If it's some other tournament that's not called Redemption, ignore this post.

Fino

Smash Master
Good stuff Fino, who are u all bringing with you?

Housing won't be an issue.
Ummm.... hopefully MJ can come... we're still waiting on the answer from mommy
other than that.... somewhere around 6-8 melee players (my guess)

MM

~Fino

napZzz

Smash Hero
What youre talking about is probably this . . . If that SF4 tournament you speak of is Redemption, then its the same as Jokers. We'll all be there.

If it's some other tournament that's not called Redemption, ignore this post.
are they really the same thing? LMAO

now dont I just feel silly xD someone please clarify this for me?

And fino, if I have the money i'll let you have your revenge >:3

my brother made it sound like it was some SF tourney with brawl as a little side game. I assumed this was a different event and it was a coincidence if you're being serious.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I feel really stupid but at the same time I'm glad now.

did I really miss what he said in the first post woooooooow. lmao

anyways I'm looking forward to this now that I know what it is!

Prepare to forfeit all your moneyz to me iowa!

EDIT:Razor should choke on a dicckk and die

MJG

Smash Hero
are they really the same thing? LMAO

now dont I just feel silly xD someone please clarify this for me?

And fino, if I have the money i'll let you have your revenge >:3

my brother made it sound like it was some SF tourney with brawl as a little side game. I assumed this was a different event and it was a coincidence if you're being serious.
Such a cocky little ****

Come get your *** wrecked please sir.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

Ummm.... hopefully MJ can come... we're still waiting on the answer from mommy
other than that.... somewhere around 6-8 melee players (my guess)

~Fino
So besides him you two are the only Brawl players o.0

Also make sure to bring blankets and pillows specially for the people staying at my place, since it's a basement with no carpet T.T
Which we will figure out who's staying with who by later today >.0

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
"Mother F******" Uli this is a reminder to bring your GC converter, pl0x. EvilZangief from srk has a ps3 stick now so we just need to borrow your converter not the stick. XD

Also, everyone GET HYPE!
Hopefully we get a decent amount of people for tvc joker.

Trent

Smash Champion
So I've been hearing different arrival times on what time to be there. If we're entering Brawl, what time should we be there by? Can you clarify for me Joker? I assume 12:30?

sluys

Smash Journeyman
I don't have my car this weekend.

Y1nk and I are gonna have to bum a ride if anyone from Ames is going.

Edit: Ride has been found. thanks Afrayail and Pcity

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I don't have my car this weekend.

Y1nk and I are gonna have to bum a ride if anyone from Ames is going.
Sorry, I'm not going otherwise I would.

Last football game and shiz? No wayss, I'm gettin up at 5 tomorrow to go tailgate. Going to be a badddd morning.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
If we ride down with Afrayail can anyone bring us back to Ames?

Edit: Disregard this, we'll ride down with Afrayail and back with Pcity. woot

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Me, CBK, and a friend are lookin to play some games tonight as well :O

-BC-
Wutwut? You guys in Ames then, right? I can see about hosting, but I only have Brawl (fuggin Connor lost Melee.. not that I'd do any good with having a copy anyway.) If you guys will bring a copy of Melee (I'm assuming that's what you were talking about? right?) then I can get access to Honors as long as I get some 1 vs 1's in on Brawl with you. We got a TV and a projector, can have one game going on each?

napZzz

Smash Hero
Im so pumped for this :)

tl guy what are you gonna do when I beat you just like I beat on your partner ;)

lol razor it was like, 10% serious. I'm still mad you timed me out on mansion whenever that one tournament was like...a year ago D: <

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Im so pumped for this :)

lol razor it was like, 10% serious. I'm still mad you timed me out on mansion whenever that one tournament was like...a year ago D: <

Here is how I look at it. It was indeed a year ago. It was my first oos tournament. It was the third match. I wasn't planking whatsoever. We both got to 200% on both of our first two stocks. And I stopped approaching you, in the final minute when there were nothing but grenades to go through. Lets put it behind us. I have sheer hatred towards people that win matches with the strategy of timing people out. That most certainly wasn't my intention, and I would never play this game with that goal in mind.

Ask my fellow Iowans about my hate for people who using timing out as their primary strategy.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Here is how I look at it. It was indeed a year ago. It was my first oos tournament. It was the third match. I wasn't planking whatsoever. We both got to 200% on both of our first two stocks. And I stopped approaching you, in the final minute when there were nothing but grenades to go through. Lets put it behind us. I have sheer hatred towards people that win matches with the strategy of timing people out. That most certainly wasn't my intention, and I would never play this game with that goal in mind.

Ask my fellow Iowans about my hate for people who using timing out as their primary strategy.
HO you played mk AND timed me out after cp'ing LUIGIS MANSION

lolz

but how am I supposed to beat you now when you've got all this joker practice :( I only lose to the one good meta knight I play <.<

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Wutwut? You guys in Ames then, right? I can see about hosting, but I only have Brawl (fuggin Connor lost Melee.. not that I'd do any good with having a copy anyway.) If you guys will bring a copy of Melee (I'm assuming that's what you were talking about? right?) then I can get access to Honors as long as I get some 1 vs 1's in on Brawl with you. We got a TV and a projector, can have one game going on each?
Ah.. I was actually referring to playin in Des Moines at Jokers otherwise I would want to :urg:
We should definitely play another time tho if u ever need 1v1 practice and such

Im stayin the night down there so i wont be back in Ames till sunday.

-BC-

MJG

Smash Hero
Yo mjg, mind if I snag some tips off ya for Tink tomorrow?
Ya of course

IM me at "blackdwag7"

Ill be on at 9 for sure.

@nappy: my partners problem was that he thought you would be easy since he wrecked you in a MM..but it was also late.

Im gonna laugh when you lose to my mid tier tomorrow
$10 MM por favor.

@ Iowa: GET HYPED FOR KC YO!

napZzz

Smash Hero
Fino johns too much. Olimar wrecks snake and he played the matchup perfectly and lost to me. And not only was it late, it was my first match. Of course he was gonna wreck me when he was wide awake and warmed up.

maybe he should've realized it wouldn't be easy after I 2 stocked him first game. ahem. Apparently I even brought him to a bad stage 3rd round for me and still won. Get@me *****es I dont even know how to fight against olimar.

napZzz

Smash Hero
someone agree with me that final fantasy 10 was bad.

I played all the way to the last boss then sold it. Thats how bad it is.

Top Bottom