• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa Smash Ready To Explode!

Funked

Smash Apprentice
So. Im new to Smash, but ive been playing fighting games a top level play for a long time, (Soul Calibur 2, Tekken (not so much top) Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen Series (top 4 in the nation) and im ready to make Iowa a known state for brawl. I just need to know who wants to get down? I have a japenese copy of the game and am ready to start. I live In Cedar Rapids, but i can and will travel to where ever, and am ALWAYS down to play, have tourneys on a regular basis, sessions on weekends and everything. Im ready to wreck the rest of the USA.

Lets do it!

Fall

Smash Ace
Lol ok well we're all going to be going to a tournament in omaha this month so you guys should stop by

Funked

Smash Apprentice
hmmm, that is very possible. We just got back from a Multi Tourney this weekend in chicago, where there was a 64 smash tourney, which was fun. Im looking to get super good at this game, we here in cedar rapids have at least 5-10 people who wanna play seroius, so hopefully ill get to meet the Cedar Rapids players that have been in the scene for a while.

Fall

Smash Ace
I only know a couple people in Cedar Rapids they should see this and im sure they'll play with you. But if you want you could come down to Des Moines for the day and we could have a smashfest or something here there's like 12 of us here who play

Funked

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm we will def have to see. Ill be moving here in the month so i dont think that ill be coming down this month. Does anyone have a copy of brawl there?

Fall

Smash Ace
im j/k everyone here will probably play it and plus im probably going to host a tourny for brawl the weekend after it comes out

Funked

Smash Apprentice
haha ok. Well thast good. I was like, crap, im to far behind in melee to make a difference. Anyhow, if people do wanna play brawl i do have a *** copy of it.

Urban_Yeti

Smash Rookie
Cut it out with the three letter curses.

Post up yer FC when you get the chance. We should be getting ours shortly.

<3 you guys.

Funked

Smash Apprentice
well if anyone wants to come over and play im more than down for that. i have a place for people to stay if they want to as well.

@ozzy. Haha will do I guess it doesnt like the work J A P. who knows!

@zealot. Very possible, i have good friends who live in ohio, so we may make a trip.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
hey i live about an hour away from u so if u wanna hit up some games sometime give me a call at 515 447 2744

Funked

Smash Apprentice
word sounds good. I am kinda car less, me and my gf share a car. so i dont know how much ill be able to get out around iowa, but people are always more than welcome here in the crapids.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
We should plan all this out for a big @$$ Smashfest instead cuz it would get us all together to meet and greet plus we would all get a chance to play. :)

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
It'd have to be in CR though, can't go further than that. And I really just want to try Brawl, I'm done with Melee I think.

Echo

Smash Champion
yo if you guys are playin brawl, holla at me lol

oh yeah and getting alot going in iowa sounds like a good idea. like fall said theres a tournament in Lincoln, but it might be a little far for you guys.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
word sounds good. I am kinda car less, me and my gf share a car. so i dont know how much ill be able to get out around iowa, but people are always more than welcome here in the crapids.
i could prob drive up there during the week

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I would like to go your place as well...possibly this weekend. Details? Is it possible? Do you really have Brawl or is it a joke?

Funked

Smash Apprentice
Yes i actually do have it. I have tommorow off. You can call me at 717 379 7422. Sorry i typically work 1330-2200 so im gone during the day. but yes hit me up, we can throw down!

Funked

Smash Apprentice
Well just had some time with brawl and trying to unlock characters so when people do come over we can have everything done. Hopefully people will come together and strengthen the community.

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
I have an idea of where to have a tournament. It's pretty big and has quite a bit of outlets.

So if you guys are interested?

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Holy crap I didn't know there was this many Iowa smashers. Me and sheer cold have been around for a while. Anyways funked I assume you have a japanese wii? I got a copy of brawl and a mod on it's way so if i can get two setups working we should do something. But yeah i was hosting a melee tourny but since there is no interest im going to make it for brawl.

Xiang

Smash Rookie
Yea, we can definitely get a big get-together going. Our house has a huge basement so we should have plenty of space. Or is that other venue going to be used?

I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised because for each one of us we were tops in the games we played but there was never a big scene here for any of them, so you're definitely going to get some high-level comp from us. (Funked had Calibur, I had Tekken, so on and so forth.)

Top Bottom