• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IRC for Coordinating ONLINE -FRIEND CODE BOT IS UP!

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
could you write more detailed instructions for Chatzilla? I was only able to download it but can't figure out how to enter the chat...

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
well basically if we ask for a sticky. were asking to advertise. when they have there own friend code finder... but the difference between us and their system is that ours is already known worldwide and plus we chat live...

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Yeah I am amazed on how big the channel got, it is really a good sign!

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
im currently in the channel and there probably isn't anyone in there since its like 12 in the afternoon on a weekday
The channel is getting larger gradually. it was from 30 to 48 in less than a week. This game is creating a hype. There are usually people in the channel around 2:30ish or 5PM.
I guarantee #smashscrim will be one of the largest smash channels that anyone have seen at the end of the year. People are going to find more and more ways to bypass the wifi matchmaking that sakurai has put out for us. #smashscrim is one of them.

Why? It's because people want to actually communicate and build friendships with people they are actually playing, so they can get a feeling for their style and attitude. #smashscrim also has triggers so you don't actually have to ask for someones friends code when you make a match. All you have to do is ask them to play. You then type the triggers to the friendcodebot !FC "nick".

Also IRC has been since the early 90s. IRC is still the number one chat client and way to communicate and find matches on about every popular online game. look at #findscrim and #sourcescrim. over 200+ idlers. Matches being posted 24/7 and my goal is to make #smashscrim the standard channel to look for friendlies. #smashworld also has a good crowd of people to talk too. There are some of familiar names that usually come by like Simna, Kirk, Kuri-Chan,MprisM, and also Handorin. People from all over the world come here mainly US but there are some Canadians and Japanese and also UK. You guys should at least give it a try, before anyone should criticize it. Also there are some voice options. TheOBC is getting a 1000man Teamspeak. Your probably saying. Teamspeak??? Vent is way better. True. Vent is really good but its not free, it cost monthly to put up a server. On the other hand Teamspeak is free and doesn't cost a dime. Don't get me started on teamspeak vs skype..... Come see us we won't bite.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
One of the main reasons I had been skeptical about this, is just because I really want to be able to voice chat while I play with people. I think it would be a lot more fun that way. I saw the other thread about Skipe, but it doesn't look like hardly anyone will be using it whereas this is booming already.

So if its possible to find people on IRC, and connect to Video Chat from there, sounds like a winner to me. I really don't know much about the video chat stuff... I've never used it before. So whatever everyone's going to be using is what I'll go with. :)

Here today or tomorrow I'll have to go get this installed and setup. I've used IRC once before for a short period, but it wasn't for something useful like this.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
double post, sorry, but i believe that smash is going to use a different set of friend codes instead of your wii numbers

barboachtraner

Smash Rookie
I've been lurking at #smashboards on irc.globalgamers.net for a while now. Is this replacing it as an "official" channel for this forum?

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
This channel was created months before the official channel was created. Gamesurge is also the largest North American IRC network that includes the greatest capability to invite non SWF users to the IRC network.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
This is exciting, last night we cracked over 60 users. I was pretty impressed.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Man this channel is pushing almost 80 users!

It was sooooo easy to find games today, I am really greatful to be a part of this IRC channel.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
were just explaining why people should join, and showing the status of the channel. its better than typing

10char
^bump.

there are plenty of recognizable faces there too.

Leram

Smash Rookie
Tried it out last night :) works good (online is really laggy currently though :( ).

Leram

Smash Rookie
There were hardly any takers for a match at all when i was on, so i just took any match that i could get, not sure where they're located. But all of the games had a 2-3 second lag after input to be performed : /. Mayby it'l be better today.

Top Bottom