• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iRJi and RizMF Presents:Prototype 2! Back in action! 12/11/10

iRJi

Smash Champion
Ok, so after talking to Riz, I have decided to not cancel the tournament, and tough out my issue for the weekend. I will however need some help if you guys don't mind. venue fee has NOW** been reenacted to 5$ a person at the door.

RizMF Presents!: Prototype 2!

Phone Number: 201-334-2659

*If you need to stay the night on Friday or Saturday, Riz is taking up to 7 people. Housing is FREE. Just ask.

Possible people coming to the event:

ADHD
Ally
Anti
Penumbra
Pierce
Inui
Zucco
Cable
Kai
Deltacod
Yes
Keitaro
Bleachigo
Kid
Dabuz
Shippo
RJ
HelpR
Que
Nairo
Gunblade
Doom
Pwii
Atomsk
RizMF

Things to note:

* AIB Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11151

* I will be trying to get a Livestream setup going.

*For this, we are using iRJi's Ruleset, please take note on the rules. They are very simular to the NJ rules, but with one or 2 changes.

Original thread of his ruleset can be found here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10543862#post10543862

Smashfest/Housing

For anyone who is coming from OOS, or even for people who are from close by, Riz am holding a smashfest RIGHT AFTER the tournament, as well as housing up to 7 extra people. If you wish to stay over the night, it is FREE. Keep in mind that if you stay the night, you get to play as long as you like. I will be dismissing people outside of my house around 1:00PM. Please let me know if you are interested by posting on this thread.

People spending the night:

Venue Information:

Address

171 Sherwood Ave
Teaneck, NJ 07666

Note: Since this is Riz's house, he have to cover the electricity fee, because his mom will not let him host unless he does.

Venue/ Tournament Times

Doubles: 12:30 PM
Singles: 4:30 PM
Finishing: 12:00-1:00 AM

Pricing and payout:

• Venue - $5
  • Singles - $10
  • Doubles - $20 (10 per person)

Prizes:
Up to 40 people...
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%

More than 40 people...
1st Place - 50%
2nd Place - 25%
3rd Place - 15%
4th Place - 10%

Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Discounts and TV's

TVs = 3.00
Wii = 2.00

If you bring a full setup (IE: TV + Wii), you get free venue. Remember, this is ONLY to the first 4 people who bring setups.

NO REFUNDS! Once you pay, that's it!

Rules may be updated or changed before a week of the tournament date.

BRAWL RULESET

• 3 stock
  • 8 minute time limit
  • Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
  • Double Elimination
  • Items are OFF including smash ball

Doubles:

• Team attack ON
  • Life stealing is allowed

Stage List

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutrals

• Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Story (Brawl)
  • Smashville
  • Lylat

Counter Picks

• Delfino Plaza
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Castle Siege
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Pokemon Stadium 1

Banned stages and Counterpicking:

If a stage isn't on the Neutral or Counterpick list it is BANNED. (Although any teams/players may play on a banned stage as long as BOTH players/teams agree to it.)

Counterpick System:

Stage Banning:

Each player / team may select up to 1 stages that will be banned from the tournament set

Counterpick Rule:

The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Extra Rules

• B.Y.O.C. = BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! The venue will not provide a controller for you nor will we.
  • We (the store, and T.O.'s in charge) are NOT responsible for anything stolen or any items left behind. If you bring a Wii for us to use, you better keep an eye on it. When you bring your controller, keep it at your side at all costs. We can not be your eyes and ears, you must be responsible for your own stuff.

• Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
  • 40 Ledge grab rule (80 for doubles per team). If you time out each other in a match and you go over 40 ledge grabs (80 for doubles) you lose that match.
  • Scrooging: If you fly under the stage, you must land on the stage in order to repeat flying under the stage again. The moving platform, or any other platform that is distant from the stage (IE: Smashvilles Moving platform) does not count as landing on the stage. First offense is a loss of stock, 2nd offense is a loss of match, 3rd offense is a loss of set.
  • All Infinites are banned excluding Ice climbers Chain Grabs, and all small step chain grabs are banned. Wall infinites are NOT banned.
  • Infinite/extended dimensional cape is banned.
  • All Excessive "Stall" tactics are banned.
  • Controller Mods are banned
  • If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
  • Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
  • If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
  • If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
  • No pausing in-game. Pausing in-game will result in the loss of a stock. The second warning will be loss of a match. The ONLY exception is, if a host(s) asks you to pause.

• In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.
  • Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*
  • Singles seeding will be based on Region/Rankings with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will also be seeded in the same way.

Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification and all violations will be delivered at the discretion of the TO.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
If I'm there, I might enter this so I could show you all how average Diddy is.

Hentekorino

Smash Journeyman
Probably going to come to watch with a friend who is going for the YGO portion. Definitely not gonna play any Brawl, huge scrub at the game & haven't played it in a year. ;_;"

iRJi

Smash Champion
Chibo, if you can, please move this thread into the new tournament section. Thank you =].

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Bump! How many people are going to this?

Also, can you switch brinstar with rainbow? Rainbow caters to MK way more than brinstar does, if that's your reason for taking it out.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Sure, dying from mk's uthrow at 0 is nowhere near as dumb :p Pretty sure falco would rather fall into lava than be caught under the swing too!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Lava is the only place for Falco to go on Brinstar lol! RC may have some cheap gimps, but Brinstar is unplayable by many ground characters.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well no character is perfect for any stage besides MK lol. Sucks that you have to win R1 to win the set right?

iRJi

Smash Champion
Hype up this ****tttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, for people who are traveling. Riz is offering for house a few people on both Friday and Saturday for a small fee.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ugh @ my favorite stage being banned. Did you know I lost an MM to MBlaze's Diddy on that stage yesterday? >_>; That stage isn't broken at all, people are just bad on it.

lol @ the LGL contradicting itself

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yeah Inui has a point...So what happens if you go over 40 and there is no timeout? Also, swap Brinstar for Rainbow please!

Inui if I enter and we play I might agree to Brinstar lol.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Yea, it's a typo. I recently changed the rules for my OP but didnt edit all the sections. Fixing them now.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Yeah Inui has a point...So what happens if you go over 40 and there is no timeout? Also, swap Brinstar for Rainbow please!

Inui if I enter and we play I might agree to Brinstar lol.
Double post.

Also, there is a timeout rule for it lol. The rules are right for them. Also, i'm not switching it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Ugh @ my favorite stage being banned. Did you know I lost an MM to MBlaze's Diddy on that stage yesterday? >_>; That stage isn't broken at all, people are just bad on it.
I once lost to a Ness on Hannebow as MK in a money match. That stage should now be allowed too RJ.

Top Bottom