• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is 3 vs. 3 Possible?

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
This is some what on topic but not really. Just don't feel like making a whole new thread for it if its not possible. Also apologize if its been brought up before.

If you are familiar with the king of fighter games, you fight with teams of 3. So I was wondering if it would be possible to do the same with brawl+ for example your first stock would be mario,second stock luigi and third wario.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
This is some what on topic but not really. Just don't feel like making a whole new thread for it if its not possible. Also apologize if its been brought up before.

If you are familiar with the king of fighter games, you fight with teams of 3. So I was wondering if it would be possible to do the same with brawl+ for example your first stock would be mario,second stock luigi and third wario.
That would be AWESOME.

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
The limitation is not with the inability to choose a character. It is with the fact that the game is not built to handle more than 4 characters at any given time. Alloys require less memory, because they're less detailed characters. They don't have specials, grabs etc.
Uh. They grab and throw you all the time.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I would just like to know if it would be possible to hack Brawl to have 6 players playing at the same time via

4 Gamecube controllers
2 Wiimotes + nunchucks
Super Bowser challenge?
_____
Maybe if it comes down to it, we'll need to shave off some aspects of characters (like graphics, if that's the issue) to make this work.

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
Super Bowser challenge?
_____
Maybe if it comes down to it, we'll need to shave off some aspects of characters (like graphics, if that's the issue) to make this work.

Or maybe alloy challenge. They're not light as in Multi-Man Brawl without handicaps, so 4 or 5 CF Alloys could work. Super Bowser challenge would be impossible because of Bowser's buffs in Brawl.

fullynick

Smash Apprentice
so if I was to play an endless brawl, and kill 300 alloys while letting a character spawn every 50 kills, SOMEHOW keeping each character alive.... my wii would hang up?

I would have thought that the wii would allow for this small chance *scratches head*

But yeah... that would be sweet

Edit: Oh.. it was a good thought

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Alloys don't spawn again until the character is killed.

Almas

Smash Lord
Every map contains locations for characters in slots 1 through 7 to spawn. Many of them are just overlapping other locations (e.g. P5 spawn = P1 spawn), but there is no issue with it.

Since there is the restriction on character use, alloys would be chosen through holding down buttons at game start.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Its been like 8 months since I made this thread. So, has anything changed yet? Is this possible? I know Brawl+ has a lot of cool features on it like hacked stages and characters. Has anyone figured ANYTHING out yet to make 3v3 possible? I would like to make this big and host tournaments for it.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Yeah, I'd hope that the hacking techniques would improve in an 8 month period. Anyone else have any information about this?

OR

Would anyone with good hacking skills be willing to start a project like this? :)

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
This has been mostly ignored, and PW went and made PSA, I think this fell to the wayside. Nice necro for the thread though. xP

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Oh how epic the thread is, too bad nobody feels like working on it (; _ ; )

On my part of the bargain, one thing that could be possible IF the 6 player code is made would be to bind the L and R from p1 as a selection tool in the character select screen, like holding L on p1 then pressing A on a character would mean that p5's character is selected. =D Hope any hacker there would work on this.

Oh yeah, and that King of Fighters 3v3 tag team idea IS Awesome ^_^

Codec01

Smash Cadet
I'm also gathering information about the 7-man brawl code.
However, nothing useful right now :(
Here is my thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=248488
I actually DO have a USBGecko but no idea how to search codes and stuff.
I just bought it for taking screenshots XD
It would be totally awesome if we can use the code in brawl :)
3 vs 3, 2 vs 2 vs 2, or even 1 vs 6 to be challenging XD
I will continue on searching any info related to the code and visit other brawl hacking websites.
Let's hope that our dream will come true soon :)

kciD

Smash Journeyman
Screw teams I want to play a 7 man FFA on pictochat to claim my rightful heir to be the King of the Pictochat

Codec01

Smash Cadet
Yes, this idea is AMAZING. Someone get this to work! :)
Since there is a video of Igglyboo using the code for test play, we can say that this is actually
POSSIBLE! PSA + 7-man brawl code would be GOD:laugh:

Edit:
Since I actually have a USBGecko, if someone can tell me how to do stuff with it, I might work on the code myself. Because I CAN'T WAIT! XD
If someone can give me a hand, I will certainly appreciate it.
Come on, the video was posted on January 19, 2009 and we have waited long enough.
If the code is ACTUALLY FORGOTTEN, we will have to get moving.
Let's get cracking everyone XD

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Well I've always had the idea of a MvC2 esc. Brawl. Call in your characters with the triggers and move back to shield. It was my idea for a Traditionalized Brawl. A is lowpunch, B highpunch, X lowkick, Y highkick. Csticks would be BlazBlue's EZ Stick. Or I could center it around BlazBlue; A is drive, B is weak attacks, X and Y are strong attacks.

With the Classic Controller the controls would be even better.

Now with SA it's possible. But I'm still figuring things out. That might be the closest you'll get to a 3v3.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Since there is a video of Igglyboo using the code for test play, we can say that this is actually
POSSIBLE! PSA + 7-man brawl code would be GOD:laugh:

Edit:
Since I actually have a USBGecko, if someone can tell me how to do stuff with it, I might work on the code myself. Because I CAN'T WAIT! XD
If someone can give me a hand, I will certainly appreciate it.
Come on, the video was posted on January 19, 2009 and we have waited long enough.
If the code is ACTUALLY FORGOTTEN, we will have to get moving.
Let's get cracking everyone XD
Good stuff Codec! :).

Does anyone else back here know anything about hacking that could help Codec? We just need someone who has information on hacking the "destroy the alloys" part of the game. I guess that would be the first step. Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdxa58jqHMo, this might help. I have no idea how to hack, so we could use some help! Thanks :)

BG3

Smash Journeyman
I'm just imagining a 7 player brawl with all Ice Climbers/Olimars/Pokemon Trainers. That would be hectic.

mofo_

Smash Ace
if there was a code like that i guess you could do the on-the-fly characters swap to change the alloys into whatever character you wanted...i also dont know if all characters could spawn at the same time.probably 2 guys would spawn in the same spot or use alloy/sky spawn code. another problem would be name changing for if they dont want tap jump or use a custom control setting :o

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
If I remember correctly, I think the problem was that Brawl's engine could not load more than 4 original characters at once (Meaning no alloys). Alloys apparently use less of Brawl's engine than the original 39 do.

Could someone confirm me on this? I vaguely remember reading about the main problem, and it's been a few months.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure I read at least one post from PW where he said people should stop asking him about >4-player Brawl because he wasn't gonna do it. Not to say that somebody else can't/shouldn't do it though. I'm having trouble staying conscious trying to picture a 5v1 Falcon Challenge :laugh:

Now this is an epic idea. 1v1's that allow you to switch characters when you die. It could even be possible since SSE already has this.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I read at least one post from PW where he said people should stop asking him about >4-player Brawl because he wasn't gonna do it. Not to say that somebody else can't/shouldn't do it though. I'm having trouble staying conscious trying to picture a 5v1 Falcon Challenge :laugh:

Now this is an epic idea. 1v1's that allow you to switch characters when you die. It could even be possible since SSE already has this.
Hm, actually, if we can't put 6 characters n the screen at once, we can settle on this one!!!
Anyone agree with me !?! :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee:
Seems like I rejoiced because this Idea is actually possible

kciD

Smash Journeyman
It would really be pretty awesome to be able to choose multiple characters to swap out when you lose a stock. That would completely change the tournament scene, I think. I know I would have at least two characters to swap out during at least my first match every time.

Top Bottom