• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is always having bombs or grenades on stage spamming?

Snake's On A Plane

Smash Cadet
So I had this debate with a fellow smasher about my technique, and I honestly do not feel that having grenades in hand constantly or spreading c-4 and mines throughout the stage is spamming. I think it's just technique to get distance between characters and stratigize attacks. So I ask you all if you agree or disagree

T*H*O*R

Smash Cadet
I mean, it's really a matter of opinion. But seriously, who really cares whether it's spamming or not. It sounds to me like your friend is a few losses away from the "Snake is broken and gay" argument

Uffe

Smash Hero
If it's working, continue it. I wouldn't say it's spamming but strategy. In my opinion Snake can only do so much. I mean he's really strong, yeah, but sometimes I feel he's limited. If they can't get through your "spamming", then that's their problem. After all if it's in the game it isn't cheating. ;D

napZzz

Smash Hero
No, your friend is losing to snake thus is trying to find excuses for it. Your perfectly fine.

Gindler

Smash Champion
That's like complaining about a Pit "spamming" arrows, if you win doing it just say. Yeah....and?

That usually works on shutting johners up. The old smile and nod works everytime.

Angel01

Smash Cadet
hey like my friend says, "play to win." cuz his pika is such a tough match up for me with that pesky dsmash >:D

riboflavinbob

Smash Apprentice
i consider something to be spamming when it is used more than 7 times in a row. i consider a defensive wolf strategy spamming meaning: laser, laser, laser, reflector, dodge... etc.

Danteh

Smash Cadet
So I had this debate with a fellow smasher about my technique, and I honestly do not feel that having grenades in hand constantly or spreading c-4 and mines throughout the stage is spamming. I think it's just technique to get distance between characters and stratigize attacks. So I ask you all if you agree or disagree
I liek ur name

10samuelLjacksons

Magical Samurai

Smash Cadet
Grenades, they're part of Snake play... So go ahead, spam away :D
I know when I'm playing with my friends, they get frustrated by grenade combos and timings, as well as mines... They just have to learn to work around it.

-Magical Samurai

Ruuku

Smash Lord
It is "spamming" and there's nothing wrong with it. Tell your friend to stop these spamming johns and find a way around it.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
Snake Is Overpowered!!!! News Flash!!!
All Tilts Have Speed Priority, ******** Invisible Hitboxes, High Damage And High Knockback.

Snake Users Are In Denial.

boss8

Smash Hero
snake is gay and easy to fight....grenades do nothing cause u can easly throw them back at him......or run up to him were he has 4 options....jump...shield....spotdodge...and maybe grab..

snake is to predictable....

Nessasary

Smash Rookie
snake is gay and easy to fight....grenades do nothing cause u can easly throw them back at him......or run up to him were he has 4 options....jump...shield....spotdodge...and maybe grab..

snake is to predictable....
You can cook grenades y'know, in fact it's a big feature of them.

Anyway, I wouldn't say it was spamming seeing as C4, Grenades and Prox mines are 3 different moves, which do different things, it's just making use of his utilities, spamming is using the same move over and over, such as Pit's arrows, assuming you don't just constantly use grenades and run away, it isn't spamming IMO.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Spam and Snake should not be in the same sentence. Idk how you could tell if a Snake spams. It is his moveset and a "spammy" snake (man that sounds weird) should be easy to counter if there is no intelligence behind it.

I enjoy vs snake because it is really fun to avoid the traps and challenging. Snake is my favorite match up.

I mean, it's really a matter of opinion. But seriously, who really cares whether it's spamming or not. It sounds to me like your friend is a few losses away from the "Snake is broken and gay" argument
I agree that in saying that snake is not broken contrary to popular belief ^_^

kupo

IDK

Smash Lord
so do luigis aerials lol
if ur trolling you must says 10chars. do iiiiiiiiiiiit. and yes. he can ken combo both ways (kind of). it happens to be sex. he's like 2 frames away from doing 3 fairs in a SH. man... so cloooooooooooose. oh... and 10chars. jk. (THIS WENT WAAAAAAAAAY OFF TOPIC) but no, i don't think it's spamming, it's stage control. if thats what you meant... i like having grenades in hand so if they dare to blow you up, they blow up too. i like to shield drop grenades to pull out grenade and back throw (it goes up), then throw the first dropped one then the second after it bounces. grenade barrage.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
dude, in the air he kinda ***** pretty hard too. neutral air? wtf is that move. it does like 30% if all hit. last kick has decieving range. d air, crazy damage. b air, his WHOLE body is a hitbox, but its kind of laggy afterwards, but still. up air, dont know much, its similar to b air except up. i mean come on. f air is slow but it can spike. i dont think snake is too **** in the air. they have a lil start up lag but just time it. he is ghey. the real ghey thing about snake, is that a lot of snake users use him for an 'insta win' bandwagon supporters. plus 99% won't admit that he has bs tilts, which is really annoying.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
No definetly not spamming, as all the moves take time to prepare and are 3 seperate moves.
I use Toon Link and get the same response from players, they complaining about spamming nade, arrow and boomerang. -_-
If its in the game its legit =D

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
When someone tells me that I'm spamming, I just slowly walk towards them.. Then, all of a sudden my knee goes into their chest, and during the stun of that I bring both my hands down on their head. Works well because of my hitboxes, combined with the insane damage it does.

On a side note, ignoring him also works wonders.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
i say that if you pressed the same bouton pattern 6 times in a row with no interuption or minimal interuption.... you spammed.... final.....

why is it called "spamming" and not repitition... spamming is a term for " Stupid Pointless Anoying Messages" first off

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Simple thing here. If the game allows you to do it, do it.
It's not a good game if you feel like every other thing is broken. Just don't play it if it's so bad.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I normally have a turnip in hand all the time...I'd hardly call it spamming.

Imo, it's not spamming because they can, unlike most projectiles, hurt you if used incorrectly. You're only allowed two grenades and one C4 onstage at any time so it isn't like you can make the entire map unplayble on. Plus, if you suck at using them, you'll most likely blow yourself up :laugh:

Top Bottom