• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is anyone buying a Wii specifically for Brawl?

A&E

Smash Rookie
I am! I've been obsessed with Melee for years and I'm so excited about Brawl, so of course I'm buying a Wii so I can play it. Just curious if anyone else was, or if it's a silly idea? Then again, most people here probably already have a Wii, haha.

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
I already bought a Wii just for Brawl at european release date, all other games are purely for time-killing.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I never planned on getting a Wii until I realized the full potential of Brawl. So yeah, i know what you're getting at because I did this for several consoles -- Playstation 2 for Final Fantasy X; Gamecube for Super Smash Bros Melee, and for the most part, Wii for Super Smash Bros Brawl.

But of course, I explored other games and I love them still. For the Wii, I got Super Mario Galaxy and hopefully, more to come.

Coselm

Smash Ace
I can say that Brawl was the main factor in me buying a Wii, but the virtual console and being able to play gamecube games were other minor factors.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
I too bought mine at the midnight launch (first in line, boom shakalaka) for the sole purpose of playing Brawl.

stepmaniers13

Smash Cadet
Got my Wii for a multitude of games, not just Brawl. I've always made it clear that I would never buy a console for one game and one game alone, hence why I don't have a PS3 for Disgaea 3 when it comes out.

The Wii games I have are fun, and they alone were worth getting a Wii, even if Brawl wasn't going to be made.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Major factor was: Zelda, Brawl, Galaxy etc
Minor: VC, Online etc o.o

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I planned up getting just brawl, but I wound up getting like 4 more Wii games, as well as another remoke/nunchuck and a classic controller to play F Zero X. Nintendo 1; FireWater 0

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I got my wii at launch, I didn't think brawl would be so far off cause melee was released at launch for gcube. But I have played other fun games for wii also...

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
There are other good games like Galaxy and Zak and Wiki (probably the best Wii game next to Galaxy). Many people loved Zelda, but I sold it after I beat it. I thought it was way too much like OoT, but eh, that's just me. Strikers Charged is good fun as well. Haven't really played many others so I can't speak for them.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I bought my wii for Brawl, but thought it would be silly if I don't buy a game with it, so I bought Super Mario Galaxy too. Now I'm waiting for Brawl...

BreakBones

Smash Cadet
bought GameCube for Melee..and Wii for Brawl..i do have super mario galaxy and metroid prime for wii but im not really playing those that much mainly waiting for brawl..also didnt buy 1 game for gamecube sept melee(did rent/borrow games from friends)

Djcs_

Smash Rookie
I got my Wii for games. Not specific games, just games.

Brawl is one of the major games that makes me enjoy my decision.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is a big reason, but ere are other great reasons (already released):

Twilight Princess
Excite Truck
SSX Blur
Elebits
Super Paper Mario
RE4:Wii Edition
Mario Strikers: Charged
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Zack & Wiki: Quest or Barbaros Treasure
Super Mario Galaxy
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
Mercury Meltdown Revolution (great value)
Trauma Center: New Blood
Virtual Console games
Wi-Fi play

and other reasons coming soon:

No More Heroes
Mario Kart Wii (official title not known)
Pikmin 3 (unannounced but 100% coming)
Wii Fit
Okami: Wii Edition (ohhhhh baby)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (sure to have some cool motion control)
Disaster: Day of Crisis
WiiWare games
other Wii Balance Board games

BentoBox

Smash Master
I'm buying it only for Brawl yeah. I thought about ditching consoles and playing comp games but keeping my computer up to date with the latest tech ends up being a lot more expensive :p So here I am still~ I'll prolly buy Galaxy and whatnot along the way, but truth be told, the Wii itself doesn't really appeal to me.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting a Wii for Brawl and Galaxy mainly, but I have faith in Nintendo to continue making games I want.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
I love online gaming just for fun but i love playing it competitively because i can become better and better each hard person i play. like counter-strike i played that game for 7 years all i did was play in public servers but they i found out amature leagues like CAL and i found out that i wasn't good as i thought i was. so this could be the same with Smash Bros Brawl, and it has the potential to have professional matches. so i bought the Wii expecially for the online capablity for Brawl. if it wasn't for that I would of not of bought the Wii. because my friend has a wii and i can play brawl there. Zelda Twilight Princess is fun too ^_^

Finigin

Smash Cadet
My brother and I got one at the midnight launch. We were thinking about Brawl. TP, and Galaxy. Also, the games that weren't announced yet at that time, but we knew were coming (like Mario Kart and Animal Crossing). We have a SNES, N64, and GC so buying a Wii was an obvious decision. XD

So, we basically bought one for the future games. Though, I would have been upset if I never played TP for the Wii.

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
i bought my wii a year ago, and i bought it for brawl mainly. i also play a few other games, but brawl is THE game. oh and i bought it for the virtual console too. hah!

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
Saw this topic and was liek ZOMG, because that's exactly the reason i'm buying my Wii, (which i still don't have due to INFLATION *******S)

Of course i'll probably buy other games too, but Brawl is the main reason.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Well I bought a Wii at launch, and Mario Galaxy and Brawl were pretty much the main deciding factors for me getting one, besides the fact I've had pretty much every other Nintendo console before. It's a good job I got it at launch though, since there seems to be a lot of demand for Wiis now... I doubt I'd have been able to get one now or even later, especially since Brawl might also end up making Wiis even more popular.

Nonchalant

Smash Cadet
I requested a wii for christmas (and got it) just for brawl. I've played wii sports a few times but am saving my money for brawl and anything else I need brawl related.

It seems like Brawl will do for the Wii what Melee did for the GC.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I already had a wii but I do think the game is worth buying a wii alone

(jkk)

Smash Cadet
I am as well. I ddont have a Wii yet and don't plan on getting one till the last min. because i have so much to do and I don't want to be distracted by it until brawl comes out. When it does though I will do nothing but Brawl as all of us will.

wadeledge107

Smash Cadet
I bought a Wii knowing that this game would eventually come out. Sure there were other games to be played, Zelda, Mario Galaxy, and most resently NiGHTS, but I've been looking forward to this for a long time.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I bought the Wii because it had piqued my interest, but most of all to play Brawl. So yeah, already did buy the console ^^ Happy with it since there are other games equally as fun

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I got my Wii at midnight launch too. Sole purpose was Brawl but I knew other good games would be on it like twilight princess, RE:UC, Mario Galaxy ect.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
I just recently bought a Wii just 4 brawl!!!!

Sure the experience is great but there is nothing in this green earth that will stop me from buying brawl

Top Bottom