• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is brawl,unlike melee,too balanced to have a tier list?

dr0go

Smash Apprentice
well i have been playing brawl using all characters and i noticed that the characters are more well balanced that in melee.in melee everywhere i went people always used marth,fox,falco,captain falcon and sheik but nobody used mewtwo.

in brawl i have seen too much diversity and not everybody uses the same characters over and over again which makes it repetitive.so is brawl too balanced to have a tier list?

or changing the question is everybody always going to use the same character as everyone else does

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
First: Definitely not. You do not understand tiers. Just because you think Brawl is "more balanced," which is debatable in itself, doesn't mean it has perfect balance. Any game without perfect balance (i.e. all of them) can have some sort of tier list made.

Second: Please look in old/stickied threads, and perhaps in Brawl Tactical Discussion. This has been brought up many times before.

Taekmkm

Smash Cadet
For the love of Ra, tiers are made based on tournament wins. Unless every single character in Brawl win exact equal amounts of similiar calibur tournaments, there will be a tier list.

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
No. However. Brawl, unlike Melee, is too young to have a tier list.
Your statement is irrelevant. There ARE ALREADY TIER LISTS. A tier list is subjective so ANYONE can just make one and the chances of that not happening are 'nil BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED. Your statement is irrelative because we're talking about if Brawl could have a tier list or not and by what I just said, there is no doubt.

Your statement means that Brawl is too young to have a tier list. Too young is connected with time. Where time is unstoppable, forever-flowing and that means that eventually, Brawl won't be 'too young'. IT'S SO FRICKIN IRRELEVANT IT MAKES ME WANT TO SCREAM.

Tajem

Smash Apprentice
Your statement is irrelevant. There ARE ALREADY TIER LISTS. A tier list is subjective so ANYONE can just make one and the chances of that not happening are 'nil BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED. Your statement is irrelative because we're talking about if Brawl could have a tier list or not and by what I just said, there is no doubt.

Your statement means that Brawl is too young to have a tier list. Too young is connected with time. Where time is unstoppable, forever-flowing and that means that eventually, Brawl won't be 'too young'. IT'S SO FRICKIN IRRELEVANT IT MAKES ME WANT TO SCREAM.
If you'd like, I can clarify that it's too young to have an -accurate- tier list. :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Top Tier
Projectiles

High Tier
Priority

Middle Tier
Power
Speed

Bottom Tier
Combos

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
If you'd like, I can clarify that it's too young to have an -accurate- tier list. :)
I chuckled. Not because of the statement but because your statement exists. and with a smiley face.

Top Tier
Projectiles

High Tier
Priority

Middle Tier
Power
Speed

Bottom Tier
Combos
Speed is TOP TIER. Honestly, you have to go watch the video of Lucky vs. anyone in the tourney vids (getyourtournament). It's ****. He's almost untouchable.

Replacement100

Smash Apprentice
In before Yuna, with the exact point that Yuna would make. Which, incidentally, is exactly what Sirlin would say (which annoys me to oblivion, like, he gives everyone the extreme basics of video game design, and consequently everyone thinks they know all about how to make the perfect game... but enough about that.).

A game is not perfectly balanced unless every character is the same.
Any imbalance allows a tier list to be made.

There will be a tier list for brawl, however, Brawl does seem more balanced, so the tier list will likely take longer to formulate, and will likely have a smaller gap between top and bottom tier.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Lol Replacement I was just about to post PRECICELY the same statement. You beat me to it =3

Only way to not have a tier list would be to have absolutely no difference between the characters.

Yay 4 repeatz?

Corigames

Smash Hero
though everyone has said it already. No.

Every game has things that are better than others. That's just how it works. I, once again in Brawl just like all the others, don't expect to run into a good yoshi player. They are just too few because he plays completely different than everyone else. He was bad. He is bad. Get over it.

Tiers are an opinion based off of facts. The backroom basically looks at what characters are winning tournaments. They then compile them and then make a list of wo is the best. Tah Dah, tiers.

Corigames

Smash Hero
yes, we all want that tier list so we can look at it and go
omgs thats the best character i'm using him/her/it
I really can't tell if that is sarcastic in the way that:
A) You don't want a tier list because you think everyone will just pick the top character and roll with them
B) You want tiers and are making fun of people who believe A

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
I won't even bother reading anything.

With different characters and different abilities, tiers already exist.

Its a fact, it can't be denied.

The only difference with melee (possibly) is that the gap between characters will most likely be smaller, but it really depends on how it turns out.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Speed is TOP TIER. Honestly, you have to go watch the video of Lucky vs. anyone in the tourney vids (getyourtournament). It's ****. He's almost untouchable.
he is not good.....

dont care what anyone says now.........he dos'nt suck *i might be lying to myself* but he just is'nt good
I don't think Sonic's speed is going to carry him to top tier.

Spellman

Smash Ace
TRFQ

MMMKK!?

Seriously, it sort of irritates me now. I prefered winning the Detroit regional Melee tournament with Ice Climbers. Why? Because TRFQ. Any real pro knows that.
Hit them with the Wii-mote.
Hit them with the Wii-mote and Nunchuck.

Yeah. I think there is a Rock-Paper-Sissors theory going around that might hold some ground, like every character has a counter character that has a higher chance of winning based on preying on the characters weaknesses. It might hold some ground, but since tiers are statistically based, it won't matter. Nonetheless, the value of the tier list will mean nothing to me, except for maybe exposing the bottom tier characters (there is bound to be a few of them), so they don't exist in my Brawl lexicon.

Hey, I need a tier list to help me decide my character!

After all, I mained Mewtwo in Melee. Obviously, it wouldn't be right if I mained a top tier character in Brawl. =p

Rash

Smash Ace
Brawl is far more balanced than Melee, but it's still going to have a tier list. Characters like Marth are still going to rule the roost. It's just that, a well-accepted tier list may be difficult to make this time around merely because of all the nerfs and buffs characters have received since Melee. It's going to be hard to place which characters where, because now that the game is balanced, character-uniqueness comes into play more.

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
Meh. I never liked tiers at all. Anyone can be good with any character. 'sigh' I'll tell ya what though, it will definitely be harder.

Top Bottom